Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    I have to say, I really loved this issue. I haven't been this excited for a Spider-Man comic to come out, since The Other. (Yes I liked the Other). I'm usually not the biggest fan of Slott's work, but avoiding the spoilers on the web really helped me enjoy this issue. His writing was truly extraordinary for this comic. When I read the beginning I was bored, (It was a yes Peter we already know who you are type of feeling) but once I saw the twist happen, re-reading it all the dialogue was shifted. I could tell this was Ock, and not Pete. I'm extremely excited for the next issue, and have to commend Dan for his work.
    Couldn't put it better myself. Just read it and spent the first 90% wondering what the hell had happened to Slott's writing!
    What a twist and having re-read the whole thing, what a dark/great piece of work.
    Last edited by voodoo; 11-22-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Would be nice to compile all the "hints" from the issue that lead up to the big shocker at the end. (Visual images would help, too.)

Really good issue; better on second read, by far, and it's only the prolog! I think Ock's been in Spidey since towards the end of EotE, and his "emergence" is just now complete. Since a few others have tried their hand at predicting the end of this story, I'll try my hand, as well.

Peter's consciousness is in the golden octobot; it gets transferred to Norman Osborn, who takes on Peter's characteristics. MJ helps the Avengers decide Spock isn't Spidey. The "Norman" side of Norman lets Peter know where a weapons cache is hidden; Peter becomes Green Goblin, and decides to fight Spock by freeing Morbius, the Lizard, and the Spider Slayer. (The Lizard goes along because Norman/Peter convinces him he's Peter, and Spock isn't, and Connors owes Spidey for trying to save him in earlier issues.) They fight Spock, who narrowly avoids utter defeat. He decides to pull out a big weapon, which would incidentally give him the power he's always sought as Ock's: re-powering-up Alpha and enslaving him. He finds, kidnaps, and re-powers Alpha, becoming an enormous threat. Alpha feels betrayed and horrified at being used as a tool of destruction. Peter/Norman figures out how to rescue Alpha, powering him back down, and the two defeat Spock in the process.

Peter Parker's body dies in the process.

Peter/Norman is also mortally wounded, but has time to reveal himself as the real Peter in a way Alpha believes. As Peter/Norman is dying, he convinces Alpha that he should continue as Spiderman, and that "with great power comes great responsibility."

Peter becomes Uncle Ben at the end, closing his life's circle.

Just a guess, but if it's like my others for Spidey, it'll be about 5% right... :-D looks like I'll just have to keep reading.

So, does this mean that superior Spiderman is really Otto? Maybe Pete's conscious comes back in one of Otto's mechanical things.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Rhoades View Post
    So, does this mean that superior Spiderman is really Otto? Maybe Pete's conscious comes back in one of Otto's mechanical things.
    This is what I am thinking. Ock's body expires but Peter's consciousness relocates into Ock's cybernetic arms or similar conceit. Cyborg Peter then defeats Ock destroying Peter's real body. Cyborg Peter is left able to function as mechanically-enhanced Spider-Man in costume - "Superior."

Alternative theory: Ock's body does not die after the flatline - it is healed and rejeuvanated, somehow (Dr Strange?), and Peter in a young Ock body defeats Spock, destroying the Peter Parker body in the process. Peter is left in the young Ock body - but now he's smarter and possibly also has some Ock-style enhancements - so Superior Spider-Man.

wheee

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I really doubt anyone is going to bang MJ in Peter's body.

Michelle only made out with Chameleon a bit. Basically, that. MJ and Pete are currently broken up. You think Ock is smooth enough he's going to pull that off?
    1) Right. And Peter and Mary Jane only shared a toothbrush.
    2) People think he is because we've been told the Superior Spider-Man and Mary Jane are going to get "back" together. IF Spock is Superior, and IF they're not just lying, then that conclusion is the most logical one. Of course, Spock might not be Superior, and they could just be teasing it (they "get back together for a kiss, then she walks out on him realizing she hates the new him, technically making htem true, but not really).
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

They'll gonna play musical chairs now that the switching has been brought up, Doc Ock will end up in his body, MJ in Peter's and Pete's in MJ, so MJ and Spidey will end up together, but not the way we want... The different features show in "Superior" might be a combination of Peter introducing more weapons and armor and stuff to try to keep "MJ" safer, and MJ being less inhibited at using her(/his?) powers... Dr Strange will make a spell for people to forget MJ's a "supermodel" so Peter can work in MJ's body in Horizon...

Before that, Peter dies in Ock's body, but he reborns with enhanced Spider powers because the totem or Spideygod or whatever does it as Peter's Spider-Man essence no matter what body is he, so he ends being in a younger, uber-Spidey body, which makes Otto to go back for his old(and new) body and switches MJ and Peter to kill two birds with one stone, kill MJ's mind and Spidey's body and leave Peter's mind alive and powerless to suffer that loss...

Seeing Pete/Ock once again enjoying his sense of style by wearing a suit, made me miss the Roy Orbison Doc of old, I was never a fan of the iron lung image. That's what a great villain needsand believe me he always was one, a sense of the Savoir-faire. Start a campaign now: Bring back Amazing, Bring back the old Doc Ock he is too good a villain to kill off again, although I see him surviving in the gold flash as he enters the gold octobot.
    Last edited by tv horror; 11-22-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling

What a fantastic issue. That cliffhanger floored me. Bravo to Mr. Slott for that. But my biggest thanks to him for giving Doc Ock so many wonderful stories since ASM #600, and rightfully using him in the deadly manner Doc Ock always should be used.

But this latest bit of nastiness takes the cake. Norman Osborn eat your heart out.

This issue got me hook, line and sinker. I'm a big fan of the Spider-Man character but haven't followed as much of his comics. This one really drew me in and I want MORE!
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Its going to be interesting to find out how long Ock has been in Peter's body. I wouldn't mind if Slott said it was Ock in there since Big Time started and the mindwipe made Ock think he was really Peter and Peter think it he was Ock. But I'll take Ock being in the drivers seat post EOTE.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Rhoades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShQQta View Post
    This is what I am thinking. Ock's body expires but Peter's consciousness relocates into Ock's cybernetic arms or similar conceit. Cyborg Peter then defeats Ock destroying Peter's real body. Cyborg Peter is left able to function as mechanically-enhanced Spider-Man in costume - "Superior."

Alternative theory: Ock's body does not die after the flatline - it is healed and rejeuvanated, somehow (Dr Strange?), and Peter in a young Ock body defeats Spock, destroying the Peter Parker body in the process. Peter is left in the young Ock body - but now he's smarter and possibly also has some Ock-style enhancements - so Superior Spider-Man.

wheee
    The ending convinced me even more that Superior will be Peter in another body. Not sure whose body yet, but I think this plays out better with them not being able to switch their minds back. Keep Ock in Peter's body, let the Avengers know and lock Peter Ock up some where this way the Avengers can keep trying to reverse the problem and Peter Ock would be alive.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    The ending convinced me even more that Superior will be Peter in another body. Not sure whose body yet, but I think this plays out better with them not being able to switch their minds back. Keep Ock in Peter's body, let the Avengers know and lock Peter Ock up some where this way the Avengers can keep trying to reverse the problem and Peter Ock would be alive.
    Whatever happens, I doubt they leave a back door open that's so obvious. Slott and Wacker have repeatedly said, "There's no going back from this."

Obviously, there's always 'going back' in comics. But they'll at least make a more convincing case that things can't be what they were until Slott's arc ends or the next creative shift.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Well I loved the issue.First issue I've gotten of Spidey since the end of the Spider-Slayer arc.While i dont know how this will end I cant wait for more.Here's some of the hints I caught that show Peter might not be himself:
    -Him not remembering how he got hit on the face.
    -His sudden push for MJ.Add to that him hitting on those ladies at the club.
    -His obvious disinterest in Aunt May's condition.
    -Him admiring the creation of the web fluid.
    -The obvious dialogue changes.

So it lookslike that Miguel tweet was Slott trolling.Gah cant wait to see how this goes.

Superior Spider-Man is Peter Parker......................................in Norman's body

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Whatever happens, I doubt they leave a back door open that's so obvious. Slott and Wacker have repeatedly said, "There's no going back from this."

Obviously, there's always 'going back' in comics. But they'll at least make a more convincing case that things can't be what they were until Slott's arc ends or the next creative shift.
    True that would be an obvious out. But the only way I see Spoc getting killed is if Norman is the one doing the killing.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her