Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BarryAllen5K View Post
    Hey Mr. Wacker and Mr. Slott,

As a 25 year Spidey vet, I really liked this issue! It was well worth avoiding the internet for a few days to avoid the spoilocalypse.

Just wondering if you would answer a few questions for me...
    Today, I've re-read every issue since the "Ends of The Earth" story line or at least thumbed through them... the question is:
    Is there any way we can find out when the switch happened by reading back issues or is it supposed to be assumed it happened between 697 and 698?? OR Are we supposed to be as in the dark as poor Pete? PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO CRAZY LOOKING FOR HINTS THAT AREN'T THERE!! I even looked for a flash of gold for "Pete's" sake!!

Thanks!
    My theory is that while the switch became between issue 697 and 698,the process for that starts way back.See it as exchanging files between 2 hard disks.At the beggining of 698,the downloading was complete.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    I would be. Seeing as the concept itself is disappointing. The rest was just a theory of where it goes from here. Probably should have made it clear they were two different thoughts.

If you end up surprising me, which is unlikely but possible, I will admit it. Though I said it was a guess, its not like I know for a fact that is the way it will play out.
    If you think you're unsurprised, imagine my reaction in seeing that you didn't like the issue. Shocking after your thousands of negative posts.

I don't think this is the book for you.

SW

I thought this was a great issue! Brilliantly written by Dan, I had no idea anything was wrong until the reveal. It reminded me a bit of The Twilight Zone. Very nicely done.

Also, who is Richard Elson??? What else has he done? The art was tremendous! It was sort of like a cross between John Romita Sr. and Mark Bagley. I want to see more from him!
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

PPl here think really low of Mary Jane.

Like she will not notice that its not Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulge View Post
    PPl here think really low of Mary Jane.

Like she will not notice that its not Peter.
    Some people here have an almost unhealthy fixation on cartoon characters having sex. It's somewhat disturbing.

Not talking about you, Voulge. Just playing off of your post.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Default I'

I'm loving the hell out of this story and some of the posts on here by Ravin Ray, Stillanerd and co are almost as entertaining. The switch happnened before 698, of course that would explain Pete suddenly wanting to get back with MJ, dressing in a suit and the 'Ladies' wink. I think Dan Slott is kinda a genius, I havn't been this excited by a story in a long time. I am so buying Superior Spider-Man. And I agree MJ will figure out it's not Pete, no way will they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    It's science, we don't have to explain it.

SW
    Somewhere, Mephisto is laughing.

(I mean that in a humorous way. NOT in a "Kill Dan Slott / Steve Wacker is dead to me" kind of way).
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Well looks like I'm gonna be doing some back issue reading during the holiday weekend! I didn't get the issue at first, it read really weird but on a re-read I understood what was going on. Amazing stuff.
    Agreed. It totally gives a whole new perspective when you reread the issue.

possible spoiler:
    1. at last moment doc oct returns to his own body. dies screaming. peter is back in his body but retires as spider-man. other individual takes the role of spider-man

2. peter and doc oct battles inside the mind of peter's body. result of death of doc oct's body. octavius has nowhere to go
    peter parker is still spider-man but with mind of both peter and doc oct trapped inside. superior spider-man is born : mind of peter and oct acting as partners and enemies
    while oct suggests for ruthless measure(such as killing the villains) peter struggles to cross the line. they have control of the body each time when one other has the upper hand.

3. doc oct is gone permanently. however the damage is done. peter is not the same as he is. he is now more ruthless and more aggressive. he actually thinks of killing villains, not pulling punches, letting them to die by not saving them as he would have. he becomes more selfish thinks about only want he wants : little responsibility more opportunity.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

The Spider-Man balloon for this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is gonna take on a whole new meaning. Somebody oughta shout, "DOC OCK!" when it passes by them.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

I thought the story was well written and well executed. However, the concept is not original and little disappointing. I mean, this concept has been done several times over. I remember a Twilight Zone episode where a ventriloquist switched bodies with the dummy. Skeleton key is a movie with a similar concept where a much older woman switches bodies with a young attractive woman. Hopefully, there will be some added twist or wrinkle to the story to actual make it an original concept. If this concept had never ever been done before, then I definitely would have called it brilliant. On another note, the artwork was great and I would love to see Elson take over art duties in place of Ramos in the future. It was really a breath of fresh air in comparison.

My thoughts exactly. Nicely done but i really don't see why some people are going crazy about it.

That's actually quite a common twist in comics.

I'm really not sure what to make of this development. I didn't think it was terribly shocking, but I think it's still a novel concept. It definitely has the potential to take Spider-Man into some exciting new areas. However, that all depends on how it plays out. It could go many different ways right now. So long as Peter Parker is still around in some form during Superior Spider-man, I don't think Marvel is going to extremes. I'm going to wait until #700 comes out before I decide to be outraged or not.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    That's actually quite a common twist in comics.
    True, but for readers that don't read a lot of other comics it feels like something new.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Some people here have an almost unhealthy fixation on cartoon characters having sex. It's somewhat disturbing.

Not talking about you, Voulge. Just playing off of your post.
    People develop an emotional attachment to stories and characters and dislike bad things happening to them, at least bad things that can't be completely fixed. The reason why that particular fear is voiced is because there's precedent (that abomination from '04) within Spider-Man and just in general, comic book writers send the female characters bed hopping with little concern for the natural reactions and long-term implications. Also because we've been explicitly told "Spider-Man" and Mary Jane are getting together.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis