Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Haven't read the issue yet, but I'm intrigued by the spoilers. Maybe the Jackal can create a new "Peter" body for Peter's consciousness to inhabit.
    -Jason

No offense to anyone here, but spoilers:
    how is this any different than when Dr. Doom took over Reed Richards body in FF #10 ?
    end of spoilers

My theory:
    Ock switched to Peter during the Hoggoblin flight. Peter finds himself in Ock's body but knows instantly how Ock pulled it. Tries to undo it but can't for some reason so he switches to Norman's body, hence Norman waking up. The person in Ock's body at the end of 698 isn't Peter but Norman, slightly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It kinda reminds me of the end of Journey into Mystery.
    That's what I was thinking when it was spoiled a yesterday! I just wanted to take a cold shower...it was disgusting! I don't know which is worse.

I wonder if Slott and Gillen are going to compare notes on who's was creepier...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I believed this as a theory yonks ago. To be honest what is more inclined to irritate me about this issue more than Ock apparently killing Spidey in his old body is how it looks like they're going to ruin the Peter/MJ thing from happening again by having Ock 'taint' the image of Peter when he does things with MJ, so that she's be repulsed by his appearance when Peter finally gets his body back. Marvel writers really seem determined to come up with new ways to stop this pairing from ever happening again, and THAT'S what ticks me off. Outside that the premise for this story sounds engaging.
    I don't think so. We really don't know what MJ is going to do. She knows Peter better than almost anyone, so I suspect she'll figure out something's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    My theory:
    Ock switched to Peter during the Hoggoblin flight. Peter finds himself in Ock's body but knows instantly how Ock pulled it. Tries to undo it but can't for some reason so he switches to Norman's body, hence Norman waking up. The person in Ock's body at the end of 698 isn't Peter but Norman, slightly confused.
    Then why would he be saying "Peter Parker"?

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    My theory:
    I really hope that is NOT true. If they kill Peter in Ock's body, fine, whatever, but I'll drop all Marvel like a hot potato if they off Osborn like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think so. We really don't know what MJ is going to do. She knows Peter better than almost anyone, so I suspect she'll figure out something's wrong.
    Hopefully so. I suppose it is a question at the moment whether the Spidey in SSM is still Ock in Peter's Body or if Peter has either hopped to another body (eg. Norman's) or if it's just someone else entirely who (for some reason) has some attachment to MJ (though possibly not vice versa). Personally my theory is that this is a long-term thing which will seep into SSM, and the story will be more about Peter in someone else''s body fighting to get his own back from Ock.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    No offense to anyone here, but spoilers:
    how is this any different than when Dr. Doom took over Reed Richards body in FF #10 ?
    end of spoilers
    none taken... but its different because this time its doc ock and spidey. lol

ALSO

Mod note:

We are well past the first page, you can all stop using spoil tags in this thread. Please use them in other threads though in case a few still havent read it yet and are avoiding this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Togo View Post
    So any educated guesses as to when the switcheroo actually happened?
    The last issue of EotE is when the switch happen, possibly Spider Island. That was the twist of this issue, that most peeps in this forum hasn't figured out yet. Slott played everyone you been reading Oct-Spidey the entire time. Issue 600 with his entire mind being mapped, then the usage of Doc mind controling device for his machines, and at some point Doc ock took over, hell the entire point of EotE might have been nothing more than a test to see how Spidey can handle things. Like fighting the Avengers. But most will just see it as Pete tries to get back with MJ, then he gets mindswitch before he reaches Octavius.

Why Darth Vader is on the cover ?

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Why Darth Vader is on the cover ?
    I think the question you should be asking is "why isnt Darth Vader on every cover?"

Worst thing is that i'm sure you would see an increase on the sells just because of that.

Didn't see THAT coming...I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Mod note:

We are well past the first page, you can all stop using spoil tags in this thread. Please use them in other threads though in case a few still havent read it yet and are avoiding this thread.
    I want you to remember this...

Oh well, let the spoiling begin! Or continue...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I think the question you should be asking is "why isnt Darth Vader on every cover?"
    I think I saw Darth Vadar on the news yesterday during the segment on burn patients and morphine. Sweet, sweet morphine...

I agree with others that SSM probably won't be simply Ock in Peter's body, though it is still a possibility. It all depends on how thing spin out from here and a lot of the proposed theories are great with lots of potential for stories. I'm just curious how long Ock will be in this body and what exactly he'll do in it. I seriously hope he doesn't get it on with MJ simply due to how intensely creepy it would be for that to happen. Slott really wasn't kidding it wouldn't be the way we wanted, but damn do I hope he doesn't go the full way.

I'm leaning towards Peter in someone else's body as SSM, which could explain a number of things. If he is forced to kill Ock in his body, then that is on one hand going to shatter things in several ways as that person will be wanted for murder so thus the need to protect the identity. Doing that sort of thing could also result in the darker tone as something that crushing would seriously mess anyone up I think. If it does end up that he is in Osborn's body, that is all the more reason.

I just hope that some people like MJ, Strange, or some of the FF or Avengers end up knowing the truth. I find it hard to believe that no one will know what has happened.

Still, while solicits aren't always the best way to determine things, some of them read in a way that doesn't sound like Peter much at all like the Avenging Spider-man one.

That line about May wanting grand kids made me laugh though because that lady is never going to see any.