Default First Look at XO Manowar #9 PLANET DEATH!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...bJ3SNM.twitter

Looking good. Hairsine's art fits in nicely with Nord and Garbett. It's cool that VALIANT has found fill in artists who's styles are similar to the main artist. It doesn't force you out of the story the way a totally different look does.

I wonder who the human is? Gafti, Avagis, or someone else?
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

valiant is killing it every month its on top of my read pile now just if they could make a deal to bring solar and turok back

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman79 View Post
    valiant is killing it every month its on top of my read pile now just if they could make a deal to bring solar and turok back
    So I know this guy, who knows this other guy, who heard from his girlfriend's brother, who once delivered a pizza to the VALIANT offices, that there may be some movement on VEI's part there.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though, as they wouldn't do anything except buy the characters outright and the current rights ownership is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

But couldn't you just imagine the first teaser for the big event where Solar, Magnus and Turok return? "This Summer...Unite!" I'm pretty sure I'd crap my pants with delight.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

It was looking so good that after the second page with dialogue I stopped reading to save it for when it arrives!!!

I really only WANT Turok back. Solar I'm indifferent on, he was always hit/miss with me despite reading some 30+ issues. Magnus I just don't care. I think it was the Dark Horse books 2yrs ago that sealed it for me. Magnus is tough to write and keep interesting. How about give me Samson instead? I know he was never Valiant but it's a relaunch, new flare!!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I wonder who the human is? Gafti, Avagis, or someone else?
    Axel?

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It was looking so good that after the second page with dialogue I stopped reading to save it for when it arrives!!!

I really only WANT Turok back. Solar I'm indifferent on, he was always hit/miss with me despite reading some 30+ issues. Magnus I just don't care. I think it was the Dark Horse books 2yrs ago that sealed it for me. Magnus is tough to write and keep interesting. How about give me Samson instead? I know he was never Valiant but it's a relaunch, new flare!!!
    Turok is probably the hardest to obtain. With the Golden Books (Gold Key) properties changing hands so much over the past few years, Turok may not be owned by the same company who owns Solar & Magnus anymore. He is also the most marketable in terms of the Video Game industry.

I could also give or take Magnus and Solar, but they are part of my VALIANT consciousness, so I wouldn't mind them returning either.

solar was so key to early valiant i didnt like magnus much

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman79 View Post
    solar was so key to early valiant i didnt like magnus much
    Early Magnus was a snooze fest for me; but once Ostrander took over and the Malev War came along all tied up with Rai and The Future Force things really picked up, I re-read the whole thing recently and I was surprised how well it held up. You can tell the Warchowskis used to read Valiant, quite a few similarities in that storyline with The Matrix.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

The art in this preview is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to read this arc, in fact....I'm a little behind in my X-O reading and need to pick up the last issue that came out and re-read the series as a whole so I can feel like I'm back at 100%. But man, what an awesome preview for issue #9!

Oh and for this Solar, Magnus, and Turok discussion.......my POV still remains the same. "NO!"....

That is all.