Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Yes, comics have sales tax here. I think it varies from state to state. This week's total (I live in California) came to just $11.97 and the tax was only about .88 cents. My comic shop doesn't offer the "member discount," but I know others do.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Also varies from city to city and county to county in the States. Here in New Orleans, we're paying 9% sales tax, so that's about 1 less book per week for me.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Isn't 2.75 pounds equivalent to $4.38?
    exactly. no idea what debbox is on about. a single issue is around $4.40 for a $4 here
    Last edited by dr chimp; 11-22-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

When I was ordering online with dcbs 1-2 years ago, I had an average of about 30-35 titles each month. Sometimes the bill would be $70-$90/month. Because of the discount, I ordered a lot of stuff. You know how when things go on sale where if you buy more, you save more? Well, you do save more but then you end up spending more, too. That's what happened with me. I have a ton of comics that I still haven't read from 1-2 years ago and I don't know when I'll ever get around to it because there's just so much. I finally had to force myself to stop buying comics this time last year because I was just buying comics for the sake of buying comics, and because I was getting more into the digital comics.

I have just recently (as in, this week) started buying floppies again and as I was going through all the titles I would have liked to get, it was creeping up to 35 titles again. So I told myself to be responsible and practical and I set a budget for myself and I really thought about what I would honestly read immediately. I also made the decision to just buying comics on the day they are released from my LCS. I didn't want to pre-order anymore because even though I would get discounts, I would not be getting my comics right away and that was another thing that bothered me, not being up-to-date.

Having said all that, I limit my monthlies to just DC and Marvel and each week the max I can spend is $20 (pre-tax). I'm no longer getting bags/boards because I just want to read the comics. The spending limit really curtails what I pull each week and I only buy whatever was released for that week. I am going to try not to cheat and pick up something from a previous week with any unspent dollars. We'll see how far I get.

I spend way too much... or can it ever be too much for comics? But I'm now down to just 6 titles I read in singles which sets me back around €18, but then I spend around €100-150 a month on hardcovers and the occasional tpb. That includes 6% VAT. As my income raises, so does my comic book spending

I try to keep it around 35 per week. But if I get some extra cash, I'll buy a tpb or hardcover. Will also spend extra if there's something in particular I want to collect.

Like at the moment, I'm trying to get every Skottie Young Marvel Now variant cover, so spending a bit more a week to get a couple of comics I wouldn't normally buy.
    'Before all hell breaks loose. Before the Hangman's noose. As the sun goes down, I'll say it's a good day to die'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    exactly. no idea what debbox is on about. a single issue is around $4.40 for a $4 here
    I think you've missed the point...