Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About 30$ a month, if I didn't have Archie Digests, it would be about 8$-16$
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

On average, about £180, which I think is about $285. Sometimes less, if I'm short of cash. Sometimes more, if I'm doing better and buy some back issues.

I though about that recently, I used to spend quite a lot of money on comics, in the 80s and 90s you couldn't really read a comics in the shop, far too much to read, lots of though bubble and narrative, you needed to buy the comic and spend a good hour at home reading it to make sure you were not missing anything...Now, I can read a comic in barely 5mn in the shop and not have to buy it...there is very little text to read, I remember some of Fraction X-men having a lot of "aaarrrgghhhh" boomm" Zapppp" nooooo!" but vitualy nothing else for pages.....the content of comics are now very limited compared to what you could find in one issue of the Claremont/Byrne era for example....

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

About € 80 per month.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Anywhere from $25 to a $140. The high end is pretty rare, but this week has been one of those high roller moments. Thankfully, pre-orders keep me in the $20-$25 range for the most part.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

It all pretty much averages out to $20/week. Some weeks, I don't spend even that much, so that leaves more to spend on other weeks. Other weeks (like during events), I have to let comics sit in my folder for weeks, and my LCS is cool with that as long as it doesn't become months. Never more than $20/week.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Depends on the month and if I end up getting back issues or just new titles, bout $30-$60 a month, this month I've spent $75 alone catchong ip on Amazing Spiderman, plus my normal titles, so around $120-$130

I'm pulling eight series for a total of $32/month. At one time I was pulling 16, but money's tight nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    On average, about £180, which I think is about $285. Sometimes less, if I'm short of cash. Sometimes more, if I'm doing better and buy some back issues.
    Its easier here in the UK too because comics are cheaper then the american pricing. A 3.99 title will set you guys (Americans) back 3.99, me? £2.70/£2.75 depending on whether its a semi-sub order.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Its easier here in the UK too because comics are cheaper then the american pricing. A 3.99 title will set you guys (Americans) back 3.99, me? £2.70/£2.75 depending on whether its a semi-sub order.
    Isn't 2.75 pounds equivalent to $4.38?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I'm not sure, it most likely is but its still 'cheaper' in way because, if I was living in the US it'd cost me just under $4 for a comic, and here its £2.70, its confusing.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Default not always

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    When I pre-order through previews at Midtown Comics, a $3.99 title is $2.59. A $2.99 book is $1.94. That is what is allowing me to run with something like AoU. Granted, I don't follow events 99.9% of the time so Age of Ultron is a rarity and one that I will be able to swing despite having to reign in my budget.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

About £60 a month including the odd trade purchase. I usually wait a month for most titles so I can get them $1 cheaper at Comixology.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

I just did a rough count of the comics I've bought since getting back into the game earlier this year. Added all up, I seem to have averaged about $33 a month. That's not including back issues, just new singles.

Average per week can be anywhere from about $8-12. I don't buy a large amount of new books, and probably half of what I get are minis that end after four issues and then I have a short gap until the next one I'm interested in starts.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Mage, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    The cost of a title over here isn't determined purely by the exchange rate. Do you pay sales tax on comics? Because here, books and periodicals are exempt. Also, most comic shops give a discount automatically on regular orders or purchases over a certain number of comics.