Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't know that I'd ever go as far as the meme Michael mentions. Edison was an asshole businessman, like a great many of his day, but he probably loved his wife and kids. And as was mentioned, Tesla was a major flake personally. They were two guys exploring the same thing from very different angles, is all.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I don't know that I'd ever go as far as the meme Michael mentions. Edison was an asshole businessman, like a great many of his day, but he probably loved his wife and kids. And as was mentioned, Tesla was a major flake personally. They were two guys exploring the same thing from very different angles, is all.
    Its funny that Edison's wikipedia barely mentions Tesla, if focuses on Westinghouse during the war of the currents. I didn't mean this to be a Tesla/ Edison debate. I only mention them because they were on the tv program and I had heard a lot about Edison in school but not much of Telsa.
    I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace

There are too many mathematicians to even name them all - galois, abel, ramanajuan and urysohn being the biggest examples that come to mind. These people left deep roots in all aspects of modern math AND were still being extremely productive before their deaths. If they all had lived another 20-30 years, math might be ahead 100 years now.

Richard Feynman got into computation towards the end of his life so he very likely would of contributed much more to that field had he not passed. Same thing with Boltzmann and statistical mechanics, although, I am less certain of boltzmann.
    http://www.fightlockdown.com/
    Come visit us for mma related news and conversation

What would have Pascal have done if he had not walked away from incandescence math in his early twenties?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied