Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
    I feel the same way. Bendis, I think, excels with street level stories, not so much event stories involving earth/universe level threats, hopefully this one won't end on a whimper like Secret Invasion or his other Avenger stories involving cosmic level threats.
    @Star Saber : You found the perfects words to describe all of this and I agree with you , and you're right when you say that he excels in street-heroes comics (His Ultimate Spider-Man run for example which is just frickin' awesome !!)

Ugh. We finally got him off of Avengers and we get all of two months of Bendis-free Avengers before he helms yet another Avengers-centric crossover.

Naturally, I am buying none of this.

For those who are, I hope you all find it entertaining and enjoyable and it is everything you hope for.

Looking forward to read this story that have been a sub-plot in the Avengers stories from quite some time now.
    And the street level super heroes as Hawkeye and Moon Knight having a big role in this story is surprising.
    That art by Hitch looks great as well.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

I used to really enjoy Carlos Pacheco's art back in the day. I wasn't so much a fan after having read Schism and some of his X-books lately. It seems like the art is more rushed and not as dynamic as it was. I was hoping that Romita Jr, Coipel, the Kuberts, or McNiven would be on this instead.

After the events of Avengers vs. X-men, I'm a little burned out on these events. The whole "unguessable ending" and major universe changes really don't resonate much when the Marvel universe is still adjusting to the events of Avengers vs. X-men. Maybe that will change once March comes around. But I think this is something Marvel has been hinting at even before Avengers vs. X-men so I'm just glad they're finally addressing it. Depending on how it unfolds, I may just wait for the TPBs to come out for this one.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    Bendis didn't show favoritism for Hawkeye in his run but I assume he's trying to get on the Hawkeye hype train created by Fraction + Aja.
    Bendis started writing this a bit before Fraction and Aja started Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by devrim View Post
    My initial reaction: The one thing Marvel hadn't ripped away form the x-men to make the Avengers look cool, was the days of future past storyline. I guess that is now an Avenger story as well.
    I agree. If I were Marvel I'd be pissed off at Marvel ripping off Marvel's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotis09 View Post
    You're kidding with this right? That was so biased against the X-Men it was crazy. Not to mention the fact that it was the only MU event (Not X-event but MU event) to really include the X-Men as major players since House of M.

Siege? Nothing
    Fear Itself? Psh
    Secret Invasion? As if.
    Civil War? So close.

I guess you could count Chaos War but I don't.
    Meanwhile weren't X-Men getting their own cross overs and events?

Second Coming, Necrosha, Messiah Complex, Age of X, Schism...
    And let's not forget that they were the dominate focus in Onslaught while everybody else including the Avengers played second fiddle.

Those poor ignored X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After the events of Avengers vs. X-men, I'm a little burned out on these events. The whole "unguessable ending" and major universe changes really don't resonate much when the Marvel universe is still adjusting to the events of Avengers vs. X-men.
    Which is my problem with this. If it's meant to be some mega-gamechanging event, it's silly to have it so close to the launch of Marvel NOW. Some of the books at best will only just finish the first arc, while other books will just be two months in.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
    I feel the same way. Bendis, I think, excels with street level stories, not so much event stories involving earth/universe level threats, hopefully this one won't end on a whimper like Secret Invasion or his other Avenger stories involving cosmic level threats.
    Damn right. He should stay in writing street level where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Then what is?
    Ultron is a robot that has no gender and can take any form.
    I fail to see why it re-appearing as a woman is bad.
    Unless you have a problem with female villains.
    Because we've seen multiple stories where Ultron has created a wife. He clearly sees himself as Hank Pym's son -- one with a massive Oedipal comlex, at that -- and a male character. To simply ignore that is to ignore the characterization (which of course is something Bendis excels at).

Would Vision be the same character if he were female all of a sudden? What if Jocasta were male? War Toy? They may not be human (Vizh isn't a robot, but is a synthezoid) but their gender is an integral part of the character.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Plus Ultron hates humans. Hates them. So it just isn't very Ultron to make itself look like one. Honestly though, once u get past it, wasn't that bad of an Ultron story. It was kind of funny that it made itself look like Jan.

unwshd & smwht slitly dzd Schmakt's Avatar

hm, neat. I've managed to not read anything in the Marvel U (or DCU for that matter) except Daredevil for like 2 years now. Or whenever "The Heroic Age" started... or at least ever since they renumbered Captain America... again.

10 issues with limited tie-ins on an accelerated schedule? I like that. There's no way it's going to get me to become invested in the MU again, but it sounds like a pretty fun story. I'm in.
    No one responds to street art anymore.
    People tend to respond to things like loaded guns in their faces.

That and celebrity spokesmodels.

I actually like the shipping schedule.
    1: Its clear and just stated
    2: Its quick and fast
    3: THREE issues in the first month? Who says you need to wait months to try something!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I actually like the shipping schedule.
    1: Its clear and just stated
    2: Its quick and fast
    3: THREE issues in the first month? Who says you need to wait months to try something!
    Yeah but that's 12 bucks on the main series alone a month.You up for it?

BANNED

Is this a joke? I this supposed to give me a big fat belly laugh? Or are Marvel seriously going to have another crappy event series a couple months after the last?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Is this a joke? I this supposed to give me a big fat belly laugh? Or are Marvel seriously going to have another crappy event series a couple months after the last?
    Let's not announce it dead before arrival, just yet. For one thing, it features the heroes fighting honest-to-goodness villains instead of each other for the umpteenth time.