Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMio View Post
    Its such a shame. Ultron has been my favorite villain ever since ultron unlimited but I won't read anything written by that fool bendis. He'll probably do someting stupid like turning ultron into a woman. Oh...wait, he already did that.

Unlike the X-men or the FF, the Avengers have no identity because literally everyone and their mother has been an avenger. All the trading of team members is pathetic. Its like when I read Spider-Man and he mentions he's an avenger to impress. Who's not an avenger?
    Because being a woman is bad, right?
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

That goes without saying.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Knowing Bendis, some street-level character is going to talk down Ultron and psych him out somehow. I love Ultron as a character, but I don't think Bendis is suited to write this type of event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    They say that with every event, but they're always Avengers-centric.
    Like Avengers vs. X-Men?

Well color me interested.Now this is good since is an actual event featuring an actual established villain.I also like the whole bonus issue tie-ins especially if they are done by the same writer as the ongoing.Hitch is also like one of my favorite artist.In fact,as an amature writer, I always imagine my scenes drawn by either Hitch or Yu.

Now the thing,see,the thing that bothers me is that Hank Pym might die.I know he has roles on DD and Cap but I mean he's like the one avenger that hasnt died yet,I think.Oh god,he cant die,man!The universe would feel so much smaller without him.If he dies then boom!there goes 25% of my interest in the avengers right there.

My first event. I see how they work now. HOPEFULLY a my other titles are very limited double shipping in that period. As of now every penny I get it being saved.
    Shut up marvel and take my money
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

“To write Ultron like this, where he’s smarter than us, is the end of the Marvel Universe. The scope of what he really wants to do is terrifying. And his severe Hank Pym daddy issues have always held him back, but I think he’s going to pass that with some therapy.”

Im telling u, Hank is dead meat .

At least he's involved though,
    Next question, from MTV Geek: What’s Hank Pym’s status? Bendis declines to answer. “This is a culmination of all of those stories — Hank, and Janet, Vision, and Tony, they’re all involved somehow, but I don’t want to speak to it just yet.”

I gotta say CBR, Newsarama did a better job on the coverage.
    http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/11/19...revealed-live/
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-19-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Oooh, I like that the tie-ins are sort of slotted in there. Then I can just ignore them. Man, I never thought I would say that about an Ultron event. One of my favorite villains, but considering Bendis thinks the character can be female pretty much shows his complete and utter lack of understanding of the character, so it's hard to think this will be any good.

He also said that this story would not carry over plot threads from his "Avengers" era. He plans on wrapping everything with his final issues this week, and he is no "a full on X-Men writer." While "Age of Ultron" spins out of Avengers in a general sense, it includes heroes like Moon Knight, Spider-Man and Hawkeye.
    Considering Hawkeye's one of the most classic Avengers, why would you point out it includes Hawkeye. Heck, even Moon Knight and Spider-Man are Avengers, though considering their general lack of association with the team, I can see why you would call them out.

As far as the heroes of the story, the writer said, "We're hesitant to say who survives" when asked about Hank Pym and the Wasp. "But you can count on the Vision being a pretty big part of this story."
    I think we can assume the Wasp is safe, considering she's finally come back from the first time Bendis fridged her. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he killed off Hank. The one classic Avenger he's done the least damage to, it'd kind of sum up the Not Like This era for Bendis to kill him off as one last eff-you to the readers.

Asked about characters who would make it through to be a part of the resistance, Bendis said, "Moon Knight is one of the people to make it through, and he's as shocked as anyone to find that out." Other characters who will help make up the resistance include Spider-Man, thought the writer said that the Ultron casing from he and Alex Maleev's "Moon Knight" series will play in to this series for those who followed that book.
    Apparently Bendis wanted to tie-in his book to the event. I like that it says "for those who followed that book," considering it was almost no one.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Because being a woman is bad, right?
    Not the point of his post

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    [I]Im telling u, Hank is dead meat
    Why does it have to be this way?Why?His life was going so good.He fell in love with Greer.He helped a bunch of at risk teenagers become heroes.
    He finally found Janet.He even actually gained Quicksilver's trust!
    And now his biggest mistake is coming back to mess everything up again!WHY!!!

10 issues in 4 months with three artists? Goddammit, Marvel.

Edit: wait, plus an epilogue? Also in those 4 months? Sweet Jesus!
    Last edited by Paladin King; 11-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I've got £9.60 spare in my bank, every penny is being saved for this series. This is enough for the first three comics. Should have enough.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Like Avengers vs. X-Men?
    Yes?

X-Men who got notable screentime: Cyclops. Emma and Namor to a much lesser extent, but all of them were villains. Hope counts half but she was with the Avengers for most of the event.
    who got notable screentime: Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Wolverine (he's listed as an Avenger for 10 issues, it counts), Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch.

Plus the Avengers were the protagonists of the story. We saw their every move while we only got glimpses of the X-Men (and by X-Men I mean P5, the antagonists of the story).

Anyone wanna guess as to who'll also be in the "resistance"? For a shock, I'd say the Big Four Avengers end up out of commission.

So... I guess this is why nobody cares about the various missing kids in Avengers Arena. They're too busy with Ultron.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!