Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Hawkeye Runs Out of Arrows in "SNL" "Avengers" Spoof

"The Avengers" star Jeremy Renner hosted "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, lampooning Hawkeye's contributions to Earth's Mightiest Heroes as the archer ran out of arrows at a crucial time during battle. Robot 6 has details.

Full article here.

And this clip is yet another example of why SNL needs to just go away. This should have been comic gold, and instead they give us lame jokes and sight gags. And the actors all look like they are bored and embarrassed to be there doing that skit. SNL has failed at being funny for far too long. It is time for it to go the way of the dodo.

That was pretty bad. As in, it almost caused me physical pain. I didn't know SNL had fallen so far.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

And that was actually better than some of the other recent sketches I have had the misfortune of seeing.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They should have showed where Renner sang his Avengers song and the Borne one .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

They should have done that as trailer spoof. Though I did like Stark calling him Hunger Games.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

A couple ok jokes but..... he did run out of arrows in the movie.

And the NYC Police ran out of bullets. Your point? Any weapon that relies on ammunition instead of energy pulses will run out in a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    And the NYC Police ran out of bullets. Your point? Any weapon that relies on ammunition instead of energy pulses will run out in a situation like that.
    What is your point? NYC police weren't part of a team of superheroes, and you can carry around a whole lot of bullets around.

Eh, I laughed.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

I understood what the skit was suppose to be about but it was boring to watch.

Terrible and unfunny...just like any typical current SNL sketch.

Plus, WTF was with the giant Hulk hand? They had already established his scale when they panned across the team lineup.

i thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinR View Post
    Plus, WTF was with the giant Hulk hand? They had already established his scale when they panned across the team lineup.
    Yep, this is definitely a comic site...
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

And this clip is yet another example of why SNL needs to just go away. This should have been comic gold, and instead they give us lame jokes and sight gags. And the actors all look like they are bored and embarrassed to be there doing that skit. SNL has failed at being funny for far too long. It is time for it to go the way of the dodo.
    Or, you know, you could just not watch it...