Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

People are fooling themselves in suggesting that this book is not essentially the same as 'New X-Men Academy X.'
    Putting Wolverine in the title is simply a means of keeping sales above cancellation numbers.
    And to this extent I certainly wouldn't suggest changing the name or renumbering the series.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Nah. Wolvie's gonna have yet another epiphany and go on another killing spree.
    I would be okay with this. Please start with Doop. F8cking stupid character.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Surely he has some more bastard kids overseas.
    They have been hinting at Rachel being his daughter. Maybe he could try and kill her and in the process get his adamantium removed through all of his pores. Or get his mouth and anus surgically connected?

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    I would be okay with this. Please start with Doop. F8cking stupid character.
    A year ago, I'd have recoiled at the outright horror of this statement. Now, i'm nodding in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    Give it a f***ing rest.

No it isn't. That's tinfoil hat paranoia.

You're upset with Wolverine because:
    1) Because he sided with the Avengers in AvX.
    He actually wanted to kill Hope. Against the wishes of either side. Do you really blame him for that? (It's reasonable to blame the Avengers for wanting to take Hope because they said so. Closing in on X-Force level fascism.) He sided with the Avengers when Cyclops and Co were taken over by the Phoenix (along with the rest of the X-Men too).
    2) He's been a hypocrite with Cyclops.
    OK, there is no argument here. Telling Scott he isn't following X's path while he runs around with a kill squad is ridiculous.
    3) He's not the character he used to be.
    The thing with new stories is that they need to be new. Things change. New writers mean new interpretations. Cyclops isn't the same character he was originally, either.
    4) He's over-used.
    No argument here either.
    Why would we ignore the obvious butt-hurt feelings he still has over Jean Grey dying, marrying Scott, having one (three?) kids with him in 3 or 4 different timelines, and then facing reality that the red-headed chick that looks like Jean is now, technically, Scott's granddaughter, and is also set to inherit the Phoenix force? Yeah, that requires lots of therapy considering he didn't care much for "Chuck's" school and teaching kids until he killed his own illegitimate kids and then surprise, names it after the chick who never chose him, never really loved him. What a freak. Knock off the pity party, Wolverine. Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by beserkerclaw View Post
    There would be no reason to change the title cause the book isnt about the Avengers. Logan does consider himself an X-Man and the books has all x-men in it
    That's like a man who has sex with men saying he's still a heterosexual because he only sleeps with men on weekends and every other Wednesday when his beard...I mean, his wife is working late. Please. Sabra is more of an X-man than that kuntee Canadian.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    A year ago, I'd have recoiled at the outright horror of this statement. Now, i'm nodding in agreement.
    Even with Kathryn Immonen writing him in A+X?
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Is he fighting Ben Grimm?

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Is that a Masturbation Joke?
    I guess it is now.

sigh

Back to lurking.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Yes. Even with. He's become exactly what Milligan subversively set him out to be, a mascot character.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Is he fighting Ben Grimm?
    That was totally Squirrel Girl's fault. She's always been a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Yes. Even with. He's become exactly what Milligan subversively set him out to be, a mascot character.
    True.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by UGOGIRLX View Post
    WATXM could use a relaunch just live all of the other titles. Wolverine has decided to consider himself an Avenger instead of an Xman. Its reasonable to think that he is training mutants to become under the influence of Captain America's regime. Plus Marvel loves slapping Avengers on anything now. Doesn't this just seem more accurate?
    No, not at all. Book is awesome the way it is.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    People are fooling themselves in suggesting that this book is not essentially the same as 'New X-Men Academy X.'
    One of these kids really needs to get hired at the local coffee shop soon.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

That was totally Squirrel Girl's fault. She's always been a traitor.
    I knew there was a reason I disliked her, other than the insulin shock.

And saying that he's not an X-Man is like saying that a man who enjoys having sex with his wife is gay because he also enjoys having sex with men. Wolverine is bi-teamed, and that's perfectly acceptable and what comes naturally to a lot of people. Beast, Storm, and Namor have all tried it out. Beast is pretty even. Storm ended up not liking the experience and came back. Now it's gone pretty mainstream with Rogue, Havok, Sunfire, and Cannonball joining up. Wolverine has definitely made it acceptable to admit that you are interested in both teams.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    That's like a man who has sex with men saying he's still a heterosexual because he only sleeps with men on weekends and every other Wednesday when his beard...I mean, his wife is working late. Please. Sabra is more of an X-man than that kuntee Canadian.
    Even if he is also an Avenger, WatXM isn't about any aspect of the part of his life as an Avenger, it's about the part of his life as an X-Man. That's like saying that we should think of Spider-Man as an Avenger while he's in FF despite the subject matter having nothing to do with the Avengers.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.