Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dragoon View Post
    I'll give you Armada but no way did Prime legitimately win against Galvatron in Cybertron

Galvs had Prime on the ropes for the majority of the fight and clearly toyed with him, with only an assist from Vector Prime from beyond the grave saving him, giving him one last power-up
    I had forgotten that Vector Prime lent Prime his sword in that fight. I also forgot that this was actually Galvatron. So, I will change my answer to Prime is clearly more powerful than Megatron in the UT, but whenever Megatron gets his Galvatron upgrade, he wipes the floor with Prime.

Also, Dragon Megatron is pretty clearly stronger than Optimal Optimus
    I disagree. Optimus always seemed afraid of the power he possessed in his Optimal form and never cut loose with the awesome power he had. However, Megatron displayed just how powerful the Optimal form is in Beast Machines. Also, we know Primal is a freaking beast (pun intended) when he's under bloodlust as displayed in "Gorilla Warfare". No, I do not believe Dragon Megatron stands much of a chance against Optimal Optimus.

Do any of the Primes after G1 have their trailer as standard equipment?

I know that it's been generally agreed upon in this thread that G1 Prime would beat Megatron most of the time, and BitVyper mentioned that Megatron had a slight advantage if they started with more distance between them because he's got the better firepower. But then I realised that, despite its underutilisation in both the G1 cartoons and the comics, Prime's trailer (and Roller) should be standard equipment because they are both basically part of his body. His TF Universe entry profile describes him as 'split(...) into three components' and that he 'can function as [these] three independent modules'. Which ties nicely into the 'Optimus is God' meme, since it establishes Optimus as a Trinity.

But anyway, my point is that G1 Optimus shouldn't just have his laser rifle, but his trailer/combat deck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Do any of the Primes after G1 have their trailer as standard equipment?

I know that it's been generally agreed upon in this thread that G1 Prime would beat Megatron most of the time, and BitVyper mentioned that Megatron had a slight advantage if they started with more distance between them because he's got the better firepower. But then I realised that, despite its underutilisation in both the G1 cartoons and the comics, Prime's trailer (and Roller) should be standard equipment because they are both basically part of his body. His TF Universe entry profile describes him as 'split(...) into three components' and that he 'can function as [these] three independent modules'. Which ties nicely into the 'Optimus is God' meme, since it establishes Optimus as a Trinity.

But anyway, my point is that G1 Optimus shouldn't just have his laser rifle, but his trailer/combat deck as well.
    For numerous versions of Prime, the trailer is part of his normal equipement. Oftentimes, this is a plus as the trailer gives him armor and weaponry that dramatically increases his power. The only Prime where the trailer and roller would be a liability would be G1 Prime, as the trailer and roller are linked to Prime. Basically, G1 Prime doesn't usually use either because he feels any damage that is done to them and this proves to be more of a liability than a plus in most cases. However, he has managed to surprise opponents whom forget he has these as standard equipment, so it is indeed in his bag of tricks.