Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

A cool robin :)And a great origin set out for him.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

After thinking about this a bit more, one thing I think needs to come back is a quieter, calmer, more deadly Batman. Batman is all about quiet menace, not roaring.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Hm, I actually don't hope for a reboot, but of a continuation of the John Blake story from DKR. In my eyes it's possible to have John (or Robin...) claim the mantle and/or become Batwing and to then join the Justice League.

No origins, please (We get it, your parents were murdered in front of you and it made you really grumpy and wanting teh justice).

No molded plastic man boobies, thanks. Kinda hard to be scary and intimidating when you look like a pointy eared ninja turtle.

Heavy use of the rogues gallery a la Arkham City. Who wouldn't want to see Clayface and Killer Crocales on screen?

Decent fight scenes would be nice, too.

And Batman should be, you know, smart.

An atmosphere like the original Batman movie, crime noire gothicy; dark, but fun.

+ Joker, Joker, and more Joker (Justice League Movie= hot Joker on Lex Luthor action)

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Brilliant!

But again I think they should avoid the origin as much as possible. A flashback to the murders would work if they tie it in to some other plot point, like the murder of the Graysons.
    Thank you ...

Clayface could be done superbly with GCI.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Default New Batman Films: What would you guys do?

Whether you guys like it or not, there will be a reboot of the Batman film series after the Nolan series(Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises) eventually announced. My question for you comic fans is: What would you do in these Batman films? Which plot lines, story arcs, and character development from the Batman comics would you guys like to see that the Nolan films or even the Burton/Schumacher films(Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin) didn't include?

If they have Robin I just hope they use Damian (they can allude to Dick having been in the role before, though). He just makes the most sense from a film standpoint. He kills, and Batman's villains tend to die in his films, so you can get rid off them without needing some convoluted way to do so. He's been trained from birth so that child endangerment (a common thing raised about Batman having sidekicks) doesn't apply so much as opposed to a Robin who just has been training with Batman for a few months before starting out. He's Batman's son so there's plenty reason why Batman would train him as a successor, and that also means you don't have to worry about the gay jokes. He's got the most modern costume of the lot already, and he's the furthest thing away from what most people think of Robin, that being:

Firstly, my rebooted Batman's debut would still be in the Justice League movie, because there is no need for him to have another solo outing before that movie.

I don't really have any key storylines in mind, but mainly I have wants for the look and the presence of the character.

- I want a grey and black suit. The all-black suit has worked well for most of the live action movies, but it's time to at least bring the grey back. It works well in the Arkham City/Asylum games.

- I want Batman to have the white-eye-lenses in the cowl. It's a look that has never been tried (except for a small part of Dark Knight), but I think it would work well.

- Nolan gave us a "realistic" Batman, grounded in a some-what real Gotham. That's fine; I like those movies, but it's time to amp it up a bit. The next Batman, and the world he inhabits, should be a bit closer to the comicbook version. Despite not having any superpowers, Batman is still a "Super-Hero" and should pull off some amazing feats of athleticism and strength, far beyond your average human being.

EDIT:
    - I would like to see a lot more detective work. Sherlock Holmes has been really popular recently, and Batman has often been referred to as the "World's Greatest Detective," so let's see some of the brilliant mind in action.

That's really all I can think of, right now.
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 11-19-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I'd make sure it's made by a visionary director and screenwriter who get a lot of creatice freedom, regardless of what direction they want to take the movie in.
    Last edited by Patroklos; 11-19-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Do a bunch of Batfamily movies avengers style.
    Batman
    Nightwing
    Batgirl
    Then one big movie with the joker or someone to mess with all of them

Hire a talented writer and director with some well-respected films behind them and a genuine enthusiasm for the project. Keep the Warners Executives off the set and don't listen to any media feedback or fan ideas.

Preferably a media blackout so I don't get a year of spoilers and "that's not Catwoman/Bane/Joker/etc." whining and second-guessing before anybody has actually seen the film. Certainly try to stop fans from dissecting frames of footage out of context.

Then again, there's a lot of reasons I don't work in Hollywood!

My formula:

-Set it in the 70s.

-Go with a "Serpico" vibe.

-Make police corruption and the mob primary antagonists of the film, not secondary elements like they were in the Nolan films.

-The strongest element of "The Dark Knight" was the fact that it was about Gotham City as a whole, not just about Batman or his villains. So go back to that.

-If and when you have to use supervillains, use more low-key villains like "The Riddler" or "Zsasz." Serial killers and villains which would fit that era of our cinematic history.

-Don't use the Joker, because anything will simply be compared (unfavorably) to Ledger's performance for the next decade. So don't even bother trying to compete, it'll just fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Mooney View Post
    Hire a talented writer and director with some well-respected films behind them and a genuine enthusiasm for the project. Keep the Warners Executives off the set and don't listen to any media feedback or fan ideas.

Preferably a media blackout so I don't get a year of spoilers and "that's not Catwoman/Bane/Joker/etc." whining and second-guessing before anybody has actually seen the film.
    Certainly try to stop fans from dissecting frames of footage out of context.

Then again, there's a lot of reasons I don't work in Hollywood!
    They've done a pretty good job as far as that goes with Man of Steel. I think the only footage taken by random people has just been a couple photos of Cavill in his suit and a couple of him without a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    - I want a grey and black suit. The all-black suit has worked well for most of the live action movies, but it's time to at least bring the grey back. It works well in the Arkham City/Asylum games.

- I want Batman to have the white-eye-lenses in the cowl. It's a look that has never been tried (except for a small part of Dark Knight), but I think it would work well.

- Nolan gave us a "realistic" Batman, grounded in a some-what real Gotham. That's fine; I like those movies, but it's time to amp it up a bit. The next Batman, and the world he inhabits, should be a bit closer to the comicbook version. Despite not having any superpowers, Batman is still a "Super-Hero" and should pull off some amazing feats of athleticism and strength, far beyond your average human being.
    I'd like to see all of this. Some more not-so-realistic villains too, like Croc and Clayface. I don't know how reasonable a wish this is, but I'd like to see lots of his allies like Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl play a large part in the movie. Heck, I suppose if I had my way I'd choose a high quality tv show in this style over another series of movies.