Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default IDW Publishing Solicitations for February, 2013

IDW Publishing has released images and solicitation information for new comics on sale in February 2013 including the new "G.I. Joe" title, "My Little Pony," "Judge Dredd," "Locke and Key," and more.

Full article here.

BANNED

"This is the book you’ll be talking about for years!"
    this is pretty much true, this series has easily been the best godzilla comic ive ever read and where only half way thru so far

too bad idw's other godzilla comics have been so poor by comparison :/

Langridge on Rocketeer? GENIUS. I'd love to see an ongoing, but I'm happy to keep getting these mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    too bad idw's other godzilla comics have been so poor by comparison :/
    I've found Half-Century War to be one of the most boring books I've ever read. The real shame is how beautiful it is.

Am I the only one seeing ads when I try to click on the covers rather than the covers themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnShil View Post
    Langridge on Rocketeer? GENIUS. I'd love to see an ongoing, but I'm happy to keep getting these mini-series.
    I've been pretty disappointed with IDW's handling of the Rocketeer, but I would take an ongoing over more mini-series if it meant Cliff and Betty could finally get some real development. So many of the stories have been bogged down but continual arguments and bickering over jealousy, and personally I think it's gotten really old by now.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

I am been thinking about picking up the Rocketeer in trade, is it worth it?

Just my two cents. Both volumes of Rocketeer Adventures are hit-and-miss, as expected with any anthology. Some stories are stinkers, but when they're good they're really good. I'd recommend them because there are bound to be at least some stories that you'll like.

The current mini, Cargo of Doom, has been rather lackluster. Issue #3 was basically Cliff putting out a fire on a ship. At this point, I'm not really expecting #4 to wrap things up on a high note. I'll give Hollywood Horror a chance, but if I feel as disappointed with it as I am with CoD, then I'm going to give up on the Rocketeer books.

Personally, I think IDW should launch a Rocketeer ongoing with a creative team that's as passionate for the material as Ghostbuster's team is for it.
    Last edited by Michael24; 11-19-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Thanks Michael24. I think I will try it out as soon as I catch up on TMNT and Ghostbusters.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I didn't see any upcoming Frankenstein Alive. I wonder if they don't go every month. I will keep up with Locke and Key and 30 days of night. I am kind of bummed Locke and Key is ending. I just started reading it.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

I'm really looking forward to the Star Trek: The Next Generation: Hive trade. I've been waiting on that one for a while.

The Silly Symbiote! Spectral Entity's Avatar

Wow, lots of good looking stuff coming up!

I'm all in on Turtles! I'm also going to give High Ways, Jinnrise and Vitriol a shot.

I was surprised to see just how much stuff IDW puts out that doesn't really get coverage like Transfusion, Monocyte, Battle Beasts, 1000 Nights of Wolves, Road Rage, etc.

Before they started publishing TMNT, I never picked up IDW (granted, I didn't really pick up many comics as Turtles was/is my primary comic passion) but now they've grown to be one of my faves.