Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    I'm fairly sure that telepathy is one of her abilities.
    Feats? And it has to be an AoE attack.
    Feats for her using her attacks while intangible?
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She's Asgardian, and so doesn't need to eat or drink either.
    Where was it stated, that Asgardians do not need to eat or drink?
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Why would telepathy need to be an AOE attack?

Well, if she's focusing on his mind in one spot and he's moved to the other side of the arena by the time she's finished her thought..would the telepathy still work?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Because it should be difficult to target the mind of someone who moves with super speed.

Does her telepathy (if she has telepathy?) even work on someone who can think with super speed? His mind should be too chaotic, his thoughts moving to fast.
    Last edited by kane; 11-19-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Well, if she's focusing on his mind in one spot and he's moved to the other side of the arena by the time she's finished her thought..would the telepathy still work?
    With his speed she shouldn`t even be able to determine where he is at a given moment.

In the prep scenario: Is her intangibility already activated when the bell rings or does she need to think first to activate it?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Feats? And it has to be an AoE attack.
    Secret Wars. Realized that Xavier was reading her mind, kicked him out, then kicked him out of the minds of everyone else in Doom's faction.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Just popped into my head after reading the "How Much Magic Damage would it take to kill Superman?" thread.

So, how would the Enchantress fare at the job? Two scenarios.

1. Random encounter
    2. With week of prep for the Enchantress.
    If we're talking about in-character, he probably hesitates to smack her upside the head and she nails him with a whammy that controls him for a while until she tries to make him do something that really goes against his grain and then he breaks free and knocks her out by some means like drawing all the air from her lungs with his super breath or something.

With prep, I really am not that up on his ability to resist serious magical control. He may be in trouble here without the "I automatically break free 'cause I'm the hero of the story" stuff. Her style of magic [obey me cause your enamored of me] might not work so well on him but then again, this might be one of those scenarios where Wonder Woman saves him or some magical character.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm not sure that is how telepathy works, I don't recall any telepath ever "missing" because their target moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Secret Wars. Realized that Xavier was reading her mind, kicked him out, then kicked him out of the minds of everyone else in Doom's faction.
    Does she have a mind control feat (an AoE one)? As far as I know she needs to kiss someone to control him.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Superman has to stay in the arena, so nabbing him via telepathy shouldn't be a problem. I would buy dodging telepathy as an argument if he were bouncing between planets at FTL, but in any reasonably confined space, mindganking him shouldn't be too tough unless he actually has some feats suggesting he can "dodge" telepathy in a closed environment. Unless otherwise demonstrated for an individual character, nothing about telepathy suggests that it's some kind of laser which needs to strike a direct hit on someone to work. Telepathy is essentially another sense and tool of communication, both of which are AoE; you don't need to walk up to someone and touch their face for them to hear you. You CAN have a whispered "targeted" conversation, but you don't have to. It doesn't make sense to view telepathy as something that has to "hit" in the absence of any evidence to suggest it does on either side. Effectively AoE at the limits of the character's range should be the basic assumption unless otherwise demonstrated, for example, we've seen that Gunnerkrigg Court's Coyote needs eye-contact to mindgank someone.

We tend to give speed the benefit of the doubt in a lot of areas, probably because it's a relatively easy concept to understand, however I don't believe it makes sense to do so here.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Because it should be difficult to target the mind of someone who moves with super speed.

Does her telepathy (if she has telepathy?) even work on someone who can think with super speed? His mind should be too chaotic, his thoughts moving to fast.
    Why wouldn't it -- she is not reading his mind, she is attempting to subsume his will.

I'm not sure that is how telepathy works, I don't recall any telepath ever "missing" because their target moved.
    Well it seems like she does have AoE telepathy so its moot, but if she didn't..I would think they'd need feats if we were to say they could begin to target someone..have that someone move hundreds of feet away before they finish..and still have it work. If that wouldn't be the case I'd wonder how far we'd take it, would moving a mile away matter? 2 miles? Though I agree moving a few feet away shouldn't do much.

EDIT: Though I guess it all comes down to how the persons telepathy works.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-19-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    Why wouldn't it -- she is not reading his mind, she is attempting to subsume his will.
    But as far as I know she needs physical contact for that (a kiss).