Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Nocenti's bat-shit lack of coherency seems to work well with the Joker. I mean, she writes everyone that way, it just only happens to work for the Joker.

Major points off for the last panel. NEVER show us the Joker's inner thoughts. We shouldn't even assume he has any. It's like in Seinfeld where everyone was given a scene of inner monologue but Kramer. It defeats the character.

This was a terrible issue, a terrible tie-in, and I'm frankly embarassed by the lengths this book goes to to constantly have Selina stripping down. In a much more capable and subtle writer, it could probably be done a lot more tastefully, but I'm absolutely embarassed to own this issue. Not going to stick around to see how much worse things get under Nocenti's tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    Donīt get it. If you want someone to do some work for you, is it good to torture him first?

And then, if that is indeed the case (cause you are just a crazy person), if he says no, you let him go just like that?
    She isn't going to get hired by the Joker, so he's getting at her psychologically. She's not like doing him a favor, the point is that his theatrics and points GOT to her, which is the JOker's greatest strength. He's an awesome brainwasher.

What the hell happened with the kid with the bomb?
    He was let go.

The whole dialogue between Trip Winter and Selina is awkward. Does she or does she not know who the Joker is ("That Joker..."). Besides, if you fix me up with someone who then proceeds to torture me, next time I see you I kill you...
    She talks to him about it, he didn't know who it was, and she took the job not knowing.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    She isn't going to get hired by the Joker, so he's getting at her psychologically. She's not like doing him a favor, the point is that his theatrics and points GOT to her, which is the JOker's greatest strength. He's an awesome brainwasher.
    Well done, Joker! You achieved what you wanted from Catwoman!

He was let go.
    With the bomb attached to him????

She talks to him about it, he didn't know who it was, and she took the job not knowing.
    Still... I would be a little pissed off at Trip Winter
    Last edited by Charlus; 11-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    With the bomb attached to him????

He said he defused it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

He said he defused it.
    Let me see... You got me there!

Still, for me the story was all over the place. Donīt know if it was the art, the scrip, may be little bit of both...

It has to be the script, because it's been true of everything Nocenti has done so far. The same thing happened in Green Arrow, with 3 separate artists, and now here.

She just writes some weird stuff, I guess, with minimal direction on how to stage it.

Yeah... I realize Iīm with the minority here, but I missed those early issues of Winicki and March... Donīt know, but they gave me a

sense of inminent danger that these last issues failed to deliver, at least for me....
    Last edited by Charlus; 11-22-2012 at 03:42 PM.

This issue sucked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
    and I'm frankly embarassed by the lengths this book goes to to constantly have Selina stripping down.
    ugh really dude, the scene with the rotary machine barley showed any skin as it ripped her outfit off, the scenes with her getting a new outfit where hardly concentrating on her body, and more on the joker. and lastly the scene where she takes her outfit off revealing the bat symbols added a humorous touch to the jokers lunacy. and all that shot really showed was her exposed back, her ass wasnt really in view.

highly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    ugh really dude, the scene with the rotary machine barley showed any skin as it ripped her outfit off, the scenes with her getting a new outfit where hardly concentrating on her body, and more on the joker. and lastly the scene where she takes her outfit off revealing the bat symbols added a humorous touch to the jokers lunacy. and all that shot really showed was her exposed back, her ass wasnt really in view.

highly disagree.
    He's reading comic books but doesn't get embarrassed until they show some skin. He hasn't take a very defensible position imo.

Casual violence needs a minority lobby to advocate against it too. These writers get away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    He's reading comic books but doesn't get embarrassed until they show some skin. He hasn't take a very defensible position imo.
    Catwoman has truly come full circle

I'm stunned that Selina took his abuse for so long, but it seems that the other villains like Penguin are holding back when it comes to the Joker. Still, the review sort of echoes my sentiments with the panel jumps and the flat premise. The art was pretty and I like Nocenti, I just wished it had made a point besides being randomy.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER