Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Yeah #0 may have been horrible but this is a much better and interesting read. Might even buy it. Joker does sound like a cross between Cesar Romero, Heath Ledger and a little Mark Hamill Jokers. Catwoman personality/voice is a little flawed but pretty decent nonetheless.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

So, the Joker is indeed behind the chess game! That should put the confusion over the last issue having two separate storylines to bed.

The more I see Rafa's art, the more I love it. That opening panel with Catwoman and the kid covered in frost just looks so gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    So, the Joker is indeed behind the chess game! That should put the confusion over the last issue having two separate storylines to bed.

The more I see Rafa's art, the more I love it. That opening panel with Catwoman and the kid covered in frost just looks so gorgeous.
    I thought that was a given...I can't wait til tomorrow. I hope Ann really brings the heat on this book. This could be as seminal as her Daredevil run.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I thought that was a given...I can't wait til tomorrow. I hope Ann really brings the heat on this book. This could be as seminal as her Daredevil run.
    I thought it was obvious too, but many complained otherwise

Well I liked this issue but I have some reservations.

Edit: Namely the art. It's not all bad. I can't really bring myself to complain about shredded cat-suits and shower scenes. It also has this morbid whimsy to it that I'm enjoying, but after reading this week's CBR interview that seems to be coming from Ann's imagination rather than Rafa's. It's actually the action sequences I'm having trouble with. Normally I love art that makes you pause in appreciation, focus on the details, but that's not what I'm doing here. Instead I'm having to look at pictures a bit too long to figure out what exactly is happening, to realize "oh, she's kicking him in the head, I see now." I hope that gets fixed in time.
    Last edited by ticklefist; 11-21-2012 at 07:37 AM.

I also liked it. Pleasantly surprised. I'm not fond of how it ended, but it was good. Nocenti actually had an issue I had no issues with.

The puns never really work when I say "pun intended"

Veteran Member

Nice issue indeed.

The interaction between Catwoman and the Joker was well played while also hinting about the relationship between Joker and Batman (We all know about that).

The most important aspect here was that we're seeing the future of a more independent Selina and I'm glad for it. Good work Nocenti.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

The most important aspect here was that we're seeing the future of a more independent Selina and I'm glad for it. Good work Nocenti.
    Yeah I was really happy to see that. I mean REALLY happy. Early on in the series I remember raging a little when a solicit came out with another Batman appearance being the primary feature.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I liked it--the dialogue was a little wonky at times, but it did it's job, I LOVED Joker's usage of large, elaborate props, and it leaves Selina in an interesting place for herself (as much as I love the Bat/Cat stuff, I don't have a problem with them seeing other people for a while).

I enjoyed the dialogue, and the subtext, but a few things rankled a bit. The whole thing seemed like some crazy fever dream -- I wasn't sure what was going for some of it, what some of the context of it was. How did she end up in that whirlpool? How did she fall DIRECTLY above the piranha tank?

Still, some cool stuff, great joker dialogue, interesting direction. Not sure I really feel that most of the character insight is valid, at least from what little I know of Catwoman.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Definitely an improvement, only confusing element for me was the water bit, but I think that was an art issue, as if we needed a wide shot of the death trap which would've given a sense of geography to it.
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

Did Selina just take a drug trip? Because that's what this felt like when reading it.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Did Selina just take a drug trip? Because that's what this felt like when reading it.
    Well, Ann did use to edit for High Times...
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I don't get it, how come the Joker just didn't kill Selina? I thought the point of this tie-in is that he wants to kill Selina because she makes Batman weak. All he did was torture her for a bit and then let her go. What's the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    I don't get it, how come the Joker just didn't kill Selina? I thought the point of this tie-in is that he wants to kill Selina because she makes Batman weak. All he did was torture her for a bit and then let her go. What's the point of that?
    He wants to make Batman strong.

He thinks Selina specifically abandoning him will do that. So he basically convinces her to.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/