Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Catwoman #14 Preview/Discussion

A "DEATH OF THE FAMILY" tie-in!
    Catwoman is caught in The Joker's trap as he toys with her mind.
    But The Joker should beware because Catwoman always comes to play!

Full article here.

looks good. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I.. I got nothing. I can't get past 90's Joker. Artwork and words are matching up so far.

I can see why people don't love it, it's a big hard to follow, but man I think it's stylish as hell and quite philosophically dense.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I actually enjoyed last issue. Rafa's artwork makes it especially fun. I hope he's on this book for a long time.
    I didn't quite get this preview though, is he just going after Catwoman to teach her a lesson about being a "hero" or does it tie into his motives to hurt everyone Batman's close to?

This is the best Sandoval has looked at the Big Two, in my opinion.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I don't like anything about this. I really hope once this storyline is over, this Joker characterization is gone and never heard from again. Nothing positive to say.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I can see why people don't love it, it's a big hard to follow, but man I think it's stylish as hell and quite philosophically dense.
    im right there with you, this is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I actually enjoyed last issue. Rafa's artwork makes it especially fun. I hope he's on this book for a long time.
    I didn't quite get this preview though, is he just going after Catwoman to teach her a lesson about being a "hero" or does it tie into his motives to hurt everyone Batman's close to?
    a bit of both i think

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    This is the best Sandoval has looked at the Big Two, in my opinion.
    Agreed. He's really reached the next level. I feel that way about another Marvel cast off, Will Conrad, as well.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

Someone explain the continuity of this for me.

Not how it fits in continuity, but what is going on.

The start off on the rooftop, where the Joker (awesomely) convinces Catwoman to come with him 'to hell'.

Now, in the establishing shot of the amusement park, we see Joker's balloon coming out of the van, then the interior of letting the kid go but Catwoman strapped into the centrifugal force device in the background...are those meant to be large video screens, then? Or is that another time/location jump?

And then, whats that, 'water show at the bridge'? What bridge?

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding locations, though the intent and meaning is all there regardless.

I'm enjoying it. It's smart, and dense, and not pedantic fluff. And just amazed at how well Sandoval is looking on this. I was skeptical at first, thinking his style just wouldn't fit this book. I am pleased to have my fears assuaged.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

*Quick look over both shoulders* This the Defenders thread? I've liked Ann's story so far but I'm not seeing what you see in this regard.

I dunno. I like the art, but I'm not overly sure about this story. I'll get back to you all when I get a chance to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    *Quick look over both shoulders* This the Defenders thread? I've liked Ann's story so far but I'm not seeing what you see in this regard.
    You feel the Defenders is similarly not your cuppa? I can certainly see stylistic similarities between the two.

You feel the Defenders is similarly not your cuppa? I can certainly see stylistic similarities between the two.
    Wow. No dude. I don't see the philosophical depth you do. Enjoying Ann's Catwoman very much.