Page 39 of 341 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    My favourite superhero comics in the late 90s were the Batman and Superman Animated Series books.
    Me too. Gorgeous stuff. I loved the three 'criminal masterminds' - Mastermind, The Perfessor and Mister Nice - in the 'Batman' Books. And Mark Millar has yet to do better work than he did in those Superman comics.

Mastermind was Mark Waid and Mister Nice was Archie Goodwin, but I can't remember who the Perfessor was supposed to be...
    Last edited by Pól Rua; 11-22-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    ...and the first 'Nexus Omnibus' (Dark Horse).
    3 questions:

How much?

Colour or B&W?

Do they actually plan on completing this series? I've already got two tpbs of the first six issues, from previous aborted attempts by Dark Horse at collecting the series.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Me too. Gorgeous stuff. I loved the three 'criminal masterminds' - Mastermind, The Perfessor and Mister Nice - in the 'Batman' Books. And Mark Millar has yet to do better work than he did in those Superman comics.
    Yup yup yup.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

3 questions:

How much?

Colour or B&W?

Do they actually plan on completing this series? I've already got two tpbs of the first six issues, from previous aborted attempts by Dark Horse at collecting the series.
    $24.99 US.
    The first three Capital issues that were originally printed in B&W are still B&W, the rest (1-11 of the First Comics Run) is in colour.
    Oh goddamn, I hope so. I also have older TPBs of Nexus but DAMN, I want all of it. I suspect they're planning on doing the lot in this format. If they do, I'm there for the duration.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Man, that Tony Harris thread is a lot more entertaining if you just add "-on" at the end of his name. Then again, it only works if you watched the Mighty Boosh.

Comicwise it's going to be expensive:
    New XIII, new Thorgal, new Black Moon Chronicles, new Excel Saga, X-Force TPB and a couple of new titles looking really good.

$24.99 US.
    The first three Capital issues that were originally printed in B&W are still B&W, the rest (1-11 of the First Comics Run) is in colour.
    Oh goddamn, I hope so. I also have older TPBs of Nexus but DAMN, I want all of it. I suspect they're planning on doing the lot in this format. If they do, I'm there for the duration.
    Sounds like the one to go for, then. Hopefully I'll win the lottery tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Man, that Tony Harris thread is a lot more entertaining if you just add "-on" at the end of his name. Then again, it only works if you watched the Mighty Boosh.

Comicwise it's going to be expensive:
    New XIII, new Thorgal, new Black Moon Chronicles, new Excel Saga, X-Force TPB and a couple of new titles looking really good.
    "Fake fans in cosplay!? This is an Outrage!!!"
    "Go read an issue of Green Lantern, you slag!"

Yeah, you're right. It really does.

Mastermind was Mark Waid and Mister Nice was Archie Goodwin, but I can't remember who the Perfessor was supposed to be...
    Mike Carlin?

Actually, scratch that. Perfessor was Denny O'Neil and Mastermind was Mike Carlin.
    Last edited by thehod; 11-22-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    Mike Carlin?

Actually, scratch that. Perfessor was Denny O'Neil and Mastermind was Mike Carlin.
    The one where Mr Nice had to "go away" was wonderfully sad.

When people say the 90s were the nadir of superhero comics, they clearly weren't reading this (along with about a load of other series that made the 90s one of the best eras for the genre)

I've got all of those issues, and they will be landing on Charlies bookcase the moment he can read them. Utterly superb.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Mike Carlin?
    That's right! Thanks for that. I was NEVER gonna get any sleep with that in me bonce.

Yeah. Beautifully done.

When people say the 90s were the nadir of superhero comics, they clearly weren't reading this (along with about a load of other series that made the 90s one of the best eras for the genre)

I've got all of those issues, and they will be landing on Charlies bookcase the moment he can read them. Utterly superb.
    Reilly's read most of mine, and loves 'em.

Man I wish my coworker didn't like the Hallmark channel so much.

These low rent Holiday movies are so awful.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

The thing is there was SO MUCH GOOD SHIT in the 90's. And the reason why we remember it being so awful is because Marvel and DC were shitting themselves that people might start reading it (rendering them surplus to requirements), so they had to start churning out a million different foil enhanced covered Venom miniseries and Ghost Rider spin-off books in order to crowd all that off the shelves.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    Man I wish my coworker didn't like the Hallmark channel so much.

These low rent Holiday movies are so awful.
    Let me guess... Meredith Baxter Birney in a very special story about a bulimic Santa Claus?
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/