Page 38 of 341 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    In other news...

If I was in a financial position to be buying comics right now, Marvel would be getting so much of my money. This week's Daredevil...holy fucking shit.
    I know what you mean... With people like Waid, Hickman, Cornell and Spencer taking over big time at Marvel, and DC doing the Lobdell-Nicieza-Mackie 90s love fest, I've gone from 80% DC to 5% DC, 75% Marvel and 20% indie books in a year or so.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    No, I saw it at the library and, without bothering to closely examine it, I thought "Oh, it can't be that bad."
    At least I didn't pay good money for it.

Really though, what the fuck was going on with Frank Miller at the time?
    Maybe he's the one who lost a bet.
    I was thinking that Frank Miller is really taking the piss at DC (All-Star Batman must be at least), because the alternative is too sad to think about. But then I saw the Spirit.. and read an actual interview and saw an interview on Sin City, so my self-delusions have shattered again.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena Bast View Post
    And it's another couple months until our christmas party.
    Having the Christmas party in January is actually a brilliant move. Ginger bread and holiday decorations get so much cheaper after December.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    Not for the first time, I have to agree with Spike. It was visually yucky. Robin looked like a red headed Jubilee!
    If I didn't already know Lynn Varley was an award-winning colorist, I sure wouldn't have been able to tell from DKSA.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

In other news...

If I was in a financial position to be buying comics right now, Marvel would be getting so much of my money. This week's Daredevil...holy fucking shit.

Waid's first issue of Hulk was also quite, quite good.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    HAW!

and now I want a muffin. Does anyone want to bring me a muffin?
    I can't go out and buy one because the magic players will go on a looting frenzy.
    Which sounds like 'rooting frenzy', but since we're talking about Magic players here...
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    Waid's first issue of Hulk was also quite, quite good.
    Yes, it jolly well was.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I am one of those man-children who actually liked a lot of the books from Marvel's animated line better than what was going on in the Main Marvel U (especially Avengers).
    My favourite superhero comics in the late 90s were the Batman and Superman Animated Series books.

I know what you mean... With people like Waid, Hickman, Cornell and Spencer taking over big time at Marvel, and DC doing the Lobdell-Nicieza-Mackie 90s love fest, I've gone from 80% DC to 5% DC, 75% Marvel and 20% indie books in a year or so.
    The only DC book I have the slightest interest in right now is WW, and I could easily live without that.

The only DC book I have the slightest interest in right now is WW, and I could easily live without that.
    I am down to two... The core Legion book (because, I don't know, heroin or something), and Dial H.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Just got off the phone with the administrative assistant at the AIDS outreach center. He got SO excited about the 10,000 € haul from last night's fundraiser. It reminded me that, aside from allowing us to help a lot of people affected by HIV and doing prevention, stuff like that improves the job security of four really good people.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Just got off the phone with the administrative assistant at the AIDS outreach center. He got SO excited about the 10,000 € haul from last night's fundraiser. It reminded me that, aside from allowing us to help a lot of people affected by HIV and doing prevention, stuff like that improves the job security of four really good people.
    Good stuff.

Yeah. I bought 10 Marvel books this week, and only one DC. It's never been that lopsided before.

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

If I didn't already know Lynn Varley was an award-winning colorist, I sure wouldn't have been able to tell from DKSA.
    For some reason, I'm imagining "...visually yucky..." on the back of a copy of DKSA as one of those potted reviews.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Zero marvel or DC for me this week.
    Bought the new Castle Waiting issue (Fantagraphics), the 'A Man Named Hawken' TPB - a supernatural Western by Tim Truman and Son (IDW), the latest 'Modesty Blaise' strip collection (Titan Books) and the first 'Nexus Omnibus' (Dark Horse).
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com