Page 279 of 341 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5113

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    is that because you are dead on the inside?

I've always maintained you can not be a fan of the things they do with Superman creatively, but to just say "I don't like Superman", it just sounds like trying to be edgy or ironic or something and just comes across as super douchey

Or...it could mean you don't like Superman. And I never have. Since I was a little kid buying funnybooks in the 70s.

Actually, I like the original Siegel & Shuster work a decent amount. When he was fighting corrupt arms merchants and wife-beaters and wasn't an omnipotent God sleep-walking through the inane dreams of middle-aged men. But that only lasted about a year and a half.

Deciding Superman is somehow sacrosanct just comes across as super douchey.

so Kevin Smith just told a very interesting story on Twitter about his "Fletch Won" project and what happened with his relationship with Miramax

- Smith had been pushing hard to get "Fletch Won" made with Jason Lee, Harvey Weinstein kept saying Lee had no audience and maintained this even when Earl was on TV

- this was also around the time the Miramax/Disney merger was happening and Ben Affleck was about to make some other film at Disney and were looking for a director

- Smith wanted to work with Ben, but it was going to end up being distributed by Touchstone or Disney and NOT by Miramax

- Smith got heat for still wanting to do the film from Miramax, even though he wasn't leaving, just working with his friend

- Harvey said he would only let Smith make "Fletch Won" if Ben was Fletch

....he's still telling the rest of the story so Ill update
    Last edited by Vibranium; 12-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Support your local roller derby league

- and it almost happened with Ben Affleck as Fletch in 2003, Miramax said they would match Disneys offer and pre production started, but Ben declined due to not wanting to leave Disney in the lurch

- and it would have been a seriously bloated production, being made for way more than it needed to be

- Smith says Harvey knew he would stay loyal as Mirmax gave Kevin his break he was fiercely loyal, he belived in the "US vs the World" mentality Miramax was built on, and after that never made another film for Miramax...the Weinsteins left soon after
    Last edited by Vibranium; 12-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

so Kevin Smith just told a very interesting story on Twitter about his "Fletch Won" project and what happened with his relationship with Miramax

- Smith had been pushing hard to get "Fletch Won" made with Jason Lee, Harvey Weinstein kept saying Lee had no audience and maintained this even when Earl was on TV

- this was also around the time the Miramax/Disney merger was happening and Ben Affleck was about to make Jersey Girl and were looking for a director

- Smith wanted to work with Ben, but it was going to end up being distributed by Touchstone or Disney and NOT by Miramax

- Smith got heat for still wanting to do the film from Miramax, even though he wasn't leaving, just working with his friend

- Harvey said he would only let Smith make "Fletch Won" if Ben was Fletch

....he's still telling the rest of the story so Ill update
    - and it almost happened with Ben Affleck as Fletch in 2003, Miramax said they would match Disneys offer and pre production started, but Ben declined due to not wanting to leave Disney in the lurch

- and it would have been a seriously bloated production, being made for way more than it needed to be
    The Weinsteins sadly seemed to be bowing to Disney more or less. I wonder with their new company would they let Smith ever do a Fletch movie ? And anyhow does anyone on Earth demanding a new Fletch movie ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

He was just answering questions on Twitter this morning and someone asked about the Fletch movie and what happened with it

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    To be fair, I didn't like All-Star Superman. But then, I pretty much don't like any Superman.
    is that because you are dead on the inside?

I've always maintained you can not be a fan of the things they do with Superman creatively, but to just say "I don't like Superman", it just sounds like trying to be edgy or ironic or something and just comes across as super douchey
    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Or...it could mean you don't like Superman. And I never have. Since I was a little kid buying funnybooks in the 70s.

Actually, I like the original Siegel & Shuster work a decent amount. When he was fighting corrupt arms merchants and wife-beaters and wasn't an omnipotent God sleep-walking through the inane dreams of middle-aged men. But that only lasted about a year and a half.

Deciding Superman is somehow sacrosanct just comes across as super douchey.
    I can understand it. I have friends who won't try any Marvel books because as they told me...they just don't care for the characters to read about them. They will watch the movies but as far as the comics go...nope. But I can understand it...different strokes for different folks.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

He was just answering questions on Twitter this morning and someone asked about the Fletch movie and what happened with it
    I'm more wondering what happened to "Beetlejuice 2 : Beetlejuice goes Hawaiian" . Now the world is demanding that.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm more wondering what happened to "Beetlejuice 2 : Beetlejuice goes Hawaiian" . Now the world is demanding that.
    I like stuff like that and find it a lot more interesting than what does make it to screen...he says it is part of the reason he is retiring from film, when Miramax died a big part of his drive went with it

Morning people.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

also Ben Affleck almost made "Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past" a few years ago but it got shelved

I don't like Spawn does that count as the same thing?

I like stuff like that and find it a lot more interesting than what does make it to screen...he says it is part of the reason he is retiring from film, when Miramax died a big part of his drive went with it
    He's making Clerks III. Smith is gonna retire like anyone else does...after Clerks III , give it 2 years and he will do another film or TV series. I bet on TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I'm currently reading Tom Strong and i couldn't find any threads about it at all.

Is it not as popular as his other stuff? i find it kind of refreshing from the doom and gloom of most modern comics.
    If doom and gloom isn't your thing, I'd suggest you try ZOT! by Scott McCloud.
    I've been reading the 1987-1991 complete black and white collection this week.
    Surprisingly good fun - in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sSonofspam
    I don't like Spawn does that count as the same thing?
    You're not alone there.
    To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Die ChadH! - bipolar danger girl

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    If doom and gloom isn't your thing, I'd suggest you try ZOT! by Scott McCloud.
    I've been reading the 1987-1991 complete black and white collection this week.
    Surprisingly good fun - in my opinion.

You're not alone there.
    Ironically i came across an article on wikipedia about that somehow.

Yeah i liked the movie Spawn but then i realized it's not really anything like the comic and they were just aping the Tim Burton Batman movies except they added some supernatural elements.

BPDG: Thank you for our santa suits and I present you with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falkor2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	106133

Falkor the Luckdragon!
    It's wanting to know that makes us matter. Otherwise we're going out the way we came in. That's why you can't believe in the afterlife. Believe in the after, by all means, but not the life. Believe in God, the soul, the spirit, the infinite, believe in angels if you like, but not in the great celestial get-together for an exchange of views. If the answers are in the back of the book I can wait, but what a drag. Better to struggle on knowing that failure is final. - Hannah, Arcadia