Page 174 of 341 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 5113

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    The fact that the last time you saw them they were a terribly rude and vain person.
    Still unacceptable. The urge to gloat over the misfortune of a person you don't like is understandable, but to act on that urge would be childish and petty. Enjoy your moment of schadenfreude, but don't wallow in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If they're still acting like that, that would be a different story.
    Not really. Unless it's someone you have to deal with every day, it's probably better to just get through the encounter than to force an unnecessary confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Not really. Unless it's someone you have to deal with every day, it's probably better to just get through the encounter than to force an unnecessary confrontation.
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    Have you ever kissed a girl after she vomited?
    I've made girls vomit by kissing them, does that count?

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I heart this photo:

They probably were the two most famous women in the world at the time.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Morning all.

Bit of an emotional weekend as we were in Cornwall for my Grandparents funeral. All the kids were brilliantly behaved, I got to see some cousins I'd not seen for 20 years, and we gave them a good send off (which included polishing off a 25 year old bottle of port at 2am)

Visiting their house the next day was nice, in a weird end on an era manner, but I managed to pick up a few things to remember them by, including Gran's 1930s copies of Winnie-the-Pooh, House at Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young and Now we are Six that she used to read to us, and most of her Agatha Christie collection. Seemed kind of pointless to let them be sold along with all of the other stuff.

But enough about that.

I also adore Chris Weston

The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

That is quite brilliant.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Just what the world needed, a combination of Claremont and Carry On dialogue.

It's brilliant.

Errors that manage to make it past the editing/proofreading process and onto the printed page have always been a pet peeve of mine, but at least they tend to be rare. Or at least, that was always the case with print books. Since I picked up a Kindle a few months back, I'm constantly amazed by the sheer number of misspellings, grammatical errors, continuity errors and missing or substituted words that manage to make their way into the average e-book. Even at a small press, you'd think they'd have somone look the books over before they actually published them. Even if it's self published, you'd think the author would take the time to go back over their own word and fix the most egregious errors. I'd be embarrassed to put something out there with so many errors and actually expect people to pay for it, even if it's only a buck.

Errors that manage to make it past the editing/proofreading process and onto the printed page have always been a pet peeve of mine, but at least they tend to be rare. Or at least, that was always the case with print books. Since I picked up a Kindle a few months back, I'm constantly amazed by the sheer number of misspellings, grammatical errors, continuity errors and missing or substituted words that manage to make their way into the average e-book. Even at a small press, you'd think they'd have somone look the books over before they actually published them. Even if it's self published, you'd think the author would take the time to go back over their own word and fix the most egregious errors. I'd be embarrassed to put something out there with so many errors and actually expect people to pay for it, even if it's only a buck.
    I dunno how they can sale books like that.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I dunno how they can sale books like that.
    Hah! They moved that thread to the Marvel board and deleted our posts. Can't go hurting anyone's feelings . . .

I missed some fanboy mockery, didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I missed some fanboy mockery, didn't I?
    I need google translate to get what they mean.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

My wife read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" on a kindle and was put off by spelling errors and misused words, and I was like...

"I can't believe you were looking for a quality novel out of that in the first place."

This argument also returned when we went to see "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". I mean, I don't get it. If she had high expectations all the time, she obviously wouldn't have married me. *shrugs* Guess it's just limited to literature.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Morning people.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox