Page 150 of 341 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 5113

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Isn't it Frankie?
    Whatever.

Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Good morning, nerds.

TGIFF!
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

I got my iPod touch 5g. Its awesome!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Big Hairy Member JeffreyWKramer's Avatar

So, I saw the new Bond film, Skyfall, last night. Quite good.

On the not so great front, I also saw a teaser poster for next year's new Superman film. So, apparently this version of Superman wears tightly woven chainmail armor instead of tights. Still in bright red and blue and yellow with the S shield, though.

I suppose Nolan figures "Hey, armor worked okay for Batman. Why not Superman?"

Perhaps the concept that it's f'in SUPERMAN, and that the point of Superman is that he doesn't need things like armor, has completely escaped the guy.

At this point I'm just hoping it at least doesen't suck as much as the last Superman film. No Super-deadbeat-dad, etc.
    My Cooking Blog!

KRAMER'S LAWS:
    1) Most people are stupid.
    2) Most people who aren't stupid often behave as if they were stupid.
    3) Many people who are not stupid nonetheless believe a lot of astonishingly stupid things.

“really? isnt the bible millions of years old?” – curefreak
    “Yep. It was originally written by a stegosaurus and a fern.” – Dan Apodaca

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyWKramer View Post

On the not so great front, I also saw a teaser poster for next year's new Superman film. So, apparently this version of Superman wears tightly woven chainmail armor instead of tights. Still in bright red and blue and yellow with the S shield, though.

I suppose Nolan figures "Hey, armor worked okay for Batman. Why not Superman?"

Perhaps the concept that it's f'in SUPERMAN, and that the point of Superman is that he doesn't need things like armor, has completely escaped the guy.

At this point I'm just hoping it at least doesen't suck as much as the last Superman film. No Super-deadbeat-dad, etc.
    I think the whole Superman wearing that new costume came around at DC in 2011 due to the film. Grow the audience being used to that look because...well he's gonna wear it in the movie. Its the rare time DC was actually ahead of something movie wise.

I can't wait to see the trailer when I see the Hobbit soon.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Does the NuU Superman wear armor? I haven't paid it much attention.

Honestly, I will be pleasantly surprised if the new Superman movie doesn't suck. The saving grace of the better Superman films has been a healthy dose of humor, and that's not something I've seen much of in any of Nolan's films or in the interviews with the guy I've read. The last thing anyone needs is a dark, complicated, morally-ambiguous Superman.
    My Cooking Blog!

KRAMER'S LAWS:
    3) Many people who are not stupid nonetheless believe a lot of astonishingly stupid things.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    You guys do know That 70's Show wasn't actually in the 70's right?
    Hence the joke.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly, I will be pleasantly surprised if the new Superman movie doesn't suck. The saving grace of the better Superman films has been a healthy dose of humor, and that's not something I've seen much of in any of Nolan's films or in the interviews with the guy I've read. The last thing anyone needs is a dark, complicated, morally-ambiguous Superman.
    Yep...he wears armor...

Morrison before I dropped the book gave the origin that he found the armor on Brainiac's ship. I believe that is where he found it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yep...he wears armor...

Morrison before I dropped the book gave the origin that he found the armor on Brainiac's ship. I believe that is where he found it.
    Lame.

He's Superman. Sans special circumstances (wearing shielding when fighting Kryptonite Man or something like that), armor should not be something he needs, or even wants.
    My Cooking Blog!

KRAMER'S LAWS:

It's basically an excuse for him to be wearing bright red and blue. Like the old "the s-shield is really the ancient symbol of the house of El" bit. Defensive fanboy-as-author justification for genre conventions.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any spare warm fuzzies lying around, my girlfriend's mom could sure use them.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

I don't think his new costume in the movie is chainmail. i think it's just textured, ala the movie Spider-Man.

I think the TV ideal of Super-costumes in the past . . . well . . . decades has been to eschew plain matte spandex. Crap, I can't remember the last plain spandex hero in the movies.

I mean, it even has it's own in-joke: "Would you prefer yellow spandex?"
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    I don't think his new costume in the movie is chainmail. i think it's just textured, ala the movie Spider-Man.
    As Slam & 'Dox pointed out, it looks like an old D&D map.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Meanwhile, if anyone has any spare warm fuzzies lying around, my girlfriend's mom could sure use them.
    I think I have a few to send out.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 12-07-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

The cinematography in that movie is outstanding.

It's true that Nolan has the comedic timing of a drunk, abusive husband, but Zack Snyder did make one funny movie: Dawn of the Dead.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

It's basically an excuse for him to be wearing bright red and blue. Like the old "the s-shield is really the ancient symbol of the house of El" bit. Defensive fanboy-as-author justification for genre conventions.

I have a few around here somewhere.

Sick. Ugh. Haven't had a cold in over a year, so I was due, but still. Ugh.

There's more where those came from.
    To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Die ChadH! - bipolar danger girl