Page 127 of 341 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 5113

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Someone here won $10K in the lottery and is buying lunch for everyone. There's about 30 or so people in the company.
    So there's half the money gone already...
    howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

I just learned that Willie Nelson did a cover of "Wind Beneath My Wings."

I'm kind of tempted to try and find it, to simultaneously test my love of Willie Nelson and my hatred of that song.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post

I'm kind of tempted to try and find it, to simultaneously test my love of Willie Nelson and my hatred of that song.
    Willie has done a version of every song ever written.

It's on YouTube. It's decent though I don't like the instrumentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I can't wait to hear his version of Springsteen's Prove It All Night, complete with 7-minute banjo intro just like in '78.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

His Rainbow Connection is pretty awesome.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

20 hours until two weeks of freedom/sanity.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    20 hours until two weeks of freedom/sanity.
    I'd say lucky, but then I remember my work is watching TV and tweeting. Really, other than that I have to be home, as opposed to someplace else, I got no complaints.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I must admit that the original recording of the song is by Gladys Knight. And naturally, she sang the hell out of that song.

But then the recording company (CBS) refused to release it as a single because they were trying to brand Gladys & the Pips as a more electronic funk band for "urban audiences" at the time. They released "Save the Overtime for Me" with a breakdance video and all instead.

A year later, Bette Midler covered it and won a grammy for song of the year with it and made a gazillion dollars. That was the reason why Gladys left Columbia records.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I must admit that the original recording of the song is by Gladys Knight. And naturally, she sang the hell out of that song.

But then the recording company (CBS) refused to release it as a single because they were trying to brand Gladys & the Pips as a more electronic funk band for "urban audiences" at the time. They released "Save the Overtime for Me" with a breakdance video and all instead.

A year later, Bette Midler covered it and won a grammy for song of the year with it and made a gazillion dollars. That was the reason why Gladys left Columbia records.
    speaking of covers, I remember hearing a very mediocre cover of Unchained Melody done on an acoustic guitar....it sucked actually
    Support your local roller derby league

Had a quick hearing at 8:45 this morning, then said Fuck It and took the rest of the day off.
    With the storm still dumping rain and the threat of road closures, as soon as my toddler story time was finished I packed it up and headed home.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    With the storm still dumping rain and the threat of road closures, as soon as my toddler story time was finished I packed it up and headed home.
    It's cold and blustery here. No snow, but the first day that's really felt like winter.

That escalated into a thread lock quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I got a call from the animal shelter today. They decided the puppy needs someone who has experience with Rottweiler breeds. It sucks for me but they have to do what is best for the rescue dogs.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Are you volunteering with the dogs at the shelter, Gryphon? Personally, I think taking in a rescue pet is a wonderful idea, both for you and the rescuee.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It would be easier to let it go if I didn't keep finding out just how badly I got fucked over. But you are right, I'm not going to talk about it here anymore since the shelf life of interest has apparently expired.
    Not expired on my part, but it's hard to know what to say. i_mmmchocolate is right though, not letting go causes the most harm to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    It really sucks to show up for work with a giant knot in your stomach.
    Should I ask what caused this particular giant knot?

Puma. that weather sounds horrible, glad you are safe.

On the ME!ME!ME!ME!ME! front, work had a team event where we spent the afternoon at an archery range learning how to shoot. It was a lot of fun. I think I will try it again sometime.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I thought that was Johnny Cash. Because that dude seemed to cover everything. From gospel songs to alternative songs by Soundgarden and NIN.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Tonight, Star Trek: TNG on the big screen.
    Wait, whathuhnow?