Page 110 of 341 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 5113

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    The argument "But Kids don't even read comics anymore" is usually used by entitled fanboys or out-of-touch publishers who want to justify the fact that 10 year olds can't read Batman, Spider-Man or Justice League comics anymore.
    When what they really mean is: "But comics should only ever be aimed at ME! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" (fanboys) and "Kids don't have the disposable income that we desire in our audience" (publishers).
    Pól Rua can say things well I find. And there's the munkee specs spiffyshirted grinnitude off course.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

is a very dirty girl Athena Bast's Avatar

I see that same argument Pol being made by Sony regarding their gaming devices.
    So, there's this thing ​NEW! 5/3/13

The argument "But Kids don't even read comics anymore" is usually used by entitled fanboys or out-of-touch publishers who want to justify the fact that 10 year olds can't read Batman, Spider-Man or Justice League comics anymore.
    When what they really mean is: "But comics should only ever be aimed at ME! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" (fanboys) and "Kids don't have the disposable income that we desire in our audience" (publishers).
    It's also used by entitled fanboys who want to claim that comics are dying and the only way to save them is to put Fabian Nicieza back on New Warriors.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

My condolences to Pip and Puma.
    So sorry to hear, and please take care of yourselves.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Pól Rua can say things well I find. And there's the munkee specs spiffyshirted grinnitude off course.
    Aww, ta. That makes me feel terribly warm and fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena Bast View Post
    I see that same argument Pol being made by Sony regarding their gaming devices.
    Yeah. It's basically what happens when the target audience gets old enough to be 'the Man'.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    It's also used by entitled fanboys who want to claim that comics are dying and the only way to save them is to put Fabian Nicieza back on New Warriors.
    Okay, that gave me a good solid chuckle.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

On the kids-oriented stuff I'm reminded of how awkward I feel as an uncle whenever there'd be kids over and South Park or Cow And Chicken would be on TV in the middle of the day. I love that stuff but not as a thing for kids, so when they visit me I won't allow it on. Which makes me feel like a cross between Stalin and Bill O'Reilly's spouse - whom I don't even know.
    When they point at my sick metal CDs or book collection I go: oh, that's just stuff I like and I offer them cookies.

Family of mine have little kids growing up on a farm and whenever people mention (like I might) how there'd be pointy metal bits or hazardous stuff lying around, they point out that they want and need their kids (or other people's kids) to be minding their step as much as they could.

Or car repair men their calendars as adorning autoshops: some might argue that barenaked ladies should be kept hidden at all costs in case of incoming innocent eyes, but I would gaze at those calendars intensely like it'd be biology when I was five.
    But such an encounter or glimpse into the world of car repairers needn't prove traumatic or spoilant too much in hindsight. Since I felt privileged for having been to glance at such, in the full knowledge that such calendars wouldn't be for little boys but for car repairers more rather.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-28-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Watch this video, it has Fraggles:

"If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

indeed...they feel that grimdark Transformer rape is the way to increased revenue and critical acclaim

as much as I like "The Boys", content like that is never going to be accepted on the regular
    Support your local roller derby league

I've been reading the Marvel Essential Doctor Strange Vol.2 this week. I think I may lack whatever chromosome is required to enjoy Roy Thomas' writing.
    However, I have discovered a new appreciation for the artwork of Dan Adkins and Gene Colan.
    To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Die ChadH! - bipolar danger girl

howyadoin?
    howyadoin graphics

song of the moment:
    "sao paulo" ~ the deadstring brothers

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    That's cute! This is a new side of you, Bret.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Very nice.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    indeed...they feel that grimdark Transformer rape is the way to increased revenue and critical acclaim
    as much as I like "The Boys", content like that is never going to be accepted on the regular
    I have no problem with 'The Boys'. I don't think all comics should be for kids. I like lots of non-child suitable stuff in my comics, whether it be 'Criminal', 'From Hell' or 'Ed The Happy Clown'.
    My problem is when mainstream titles for children are produced that are unsuitable for all-ages. And I'm sick of Marvel and DC's attempts to fill the gap with 'kiddie versions'. I've got no problem with something like 'Dark Knight Returns' for instance, but an issue of 'Batman' or 'Spider-Man' should be all-ages accessible.

That reindeer is ricockulously adorable.

Did I inspire you?

seriously Bret, that is fantastic.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox