Page 106 of 341 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5113
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

God fucking damnit.

One of my former clients took too many drugged and jumped of a roof.

He was always completely messed up, but I liked the kid and I was one of the few people he ever listened to.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

So...a further update on the basketball situation.

It appears that I've been further lied to.

This guy signed up to coach. When the league president heard about it at the last signup, he said loudly "He can't coach, he's got a record."

Fast forward to the day I quit the board. I get an email that says how the league is going to be run and includes a list of coaches. The guy's name is on the list.

Fast forward to two days later when I'm being dismissed from the league. I call the president on the fact the guy was listed as a coach. He says that if I'd stayed for the whole meeting, I'd know that the guy didn't get a team after all.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. The mother of a former player of mine sends me a message via Facebook asking for the president's email. Seems a friend of hers has a son playing in the lower boys division and the mother isn't happy with how his practices are being run.

Fast forward to the day after I got that message, I run into the woman who sent me the FB message. She actually has the boy with her shopping at the grocery store. I ask the kid the name of his coach. He tells me his first name but doesn't know the last name. However, I remember all the names that signed up to coach and the guy with the record is the only one with that first name.

Yesterday I called the guy who I was supposed to be coaching with. I asked him who the names of the lower division coaches were. And sure enough, he said the guy's name.

So once again I've been lied to. The league president flat out told me to my face that the guy with the criminal record didn't get a team, yet there he is coaching 3rd-5th graders.

And I get banned for disrespecting the board?
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    God fucking damnit.

He was always completely messed up, but I liked the kid and I was one of the few people he ever listened to.
    Damn, damn, damn.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

God fucking damnit.

Fuuuuuuuucking hell.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

God fucking damnit.

Oh hell, so sorry to hear that.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Kurdish family who had fled from Iraq. Monstrous father who basically kidnapped the mother back to Iraq, leaving two elementary school kids to fend for themselves for months until the mother managed her way back somehow.
    I met him when he was 16 and his brother was in jail for 3 years for armed robbery. I brought him from an F to an A in geography, but he developed psychosis (most likely drug related) and only went to the psychiatric counseling I had installed for him for a few weeks.

I met him this summer and he seemed ok, just a bit down and he said that he should have listened better to my advice last year...
    He was 20 when he died.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

For jessecuster3

What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

Three more days until I can take a coma.

Dragonclaws woke at 11 PM from a two hour nap, and was up for a long time. We were on the living room floor just noodling around, and I passed out around 1:40 AM.

At some point, he started screaming, but I was completely out.

At 2 AM, my wife was standing over me, yelling "what's wrong with you?!"

Gee, I wonder...
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Morning people.

Thanks for the positive messages, going to try and sort it out today.
    Good luck on sorting that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sorry for the drama and disappointment. Politics is rarely rational and almost always mean and vindictive.

God fucking damnit.

Kurdish family who had fled from Iraq. Monstrous father who basically kidnapped the mother back to Iraq, leaving two elementary school kids to fend for themselves for months until the mother managed her way back somehow.
    I met him when he was 16 and his brother was in jail for 3 years for armed robbery. I brought him from an F to an A in geography, but he developed psychosis (most likely drug related) and only went to the psychiatric counseling I had installed for him for a few weeks.

I met him this summer and he seemed ok, just a bit down and he said that he should have listened better to my advice last year...
    He was 20 when he died.
    That's horrible. Are you OK?

Ok that is awesome! I want one!
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

God fucking damnit.

That is terrible to hear Pip. Hopefully his troubled soul is at peace .

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

It appears that I've been further lied to.

This guy signed up to coach. When the league president heard about it at the last signup, he said loudly "He can't coach, he's got a record."

Fast forward to the day I quit the board. I get an email that says how the league is going to be run and includes a list of coaches. The guy's name is on the list.

Fast forward to two days later when I'm being dismissed from the league. I call the president on the fact the guy was listed as a coach. He says that if I'd stayed for the whole meeting, I'd know that the guy didn't get a team after all.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago. The mother of a former player of mine sends me a message via Facebook asking for the president's email. Seems a friend of hers has a son playing in the lower boys division and the mother isn't happy with how his practices are being run.

Fast forward to the day after I got that message, I run into the woman who sent me the FB message. She actually has the boy with her shopping at the grocery store. I ask the kid the name of his coach. He tells me his first name but doesn't know the last name. However, I remember all the names that signed up to coach and the guy with the record is the only one with that first name.

Yesterday I called the guy who I was supposed to be coaching with. I asked him who the names of the lower division coaches were. And sure enough, he said the guy's name.

So once again I've been lied to. The league president flat out told me to my face that the guy with the criminal record didn't get a team, yet there he is coaching 3rd-5th graders.

And I get banned for disrespecting the board?
    If I was you I'd just tell anyone who texts or calls that you no longer care. Eventually this President will run the program into the ground .Which is sad really. But what can ya do ? Its their program and they seem hell bent on making an example out of you .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    I first read this as you wanting a dragonclaws.

I also, although it was dripping with sarcasm.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Three more days until I can take a coma.

Dragonclaws woke at 11 PM from a two hour nap, and was up for a long time. We were on the living room floor just noodling around, and I passed out around 1:40 AM.

At some point, he started screaming, but I was completely out.

At 2 AM, my wife was standing over me, yelling "what's wrong with you?!"

Gee, I wonder...
    Giving parental advice is always tricky, and sometimes unwelcome. Having said that, if you've ruled out a medical reason that he's not sleeping well, then I recommend:

(1) Establishing a routine (going to bed at the same time every night, maybe a bath and then reading)
    (2) Getting him his own crib and room
    (3) Letting him cry

Absent a medical condition, he really should be sleeping at least 6 hours at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    I thought you might.

echoing Winslow's advice, routine creates cues for behavior - bath, in bed, story (and it apparently takes a minimum of ten days to establish a routine and if it gets broken you are back to step one).