insect of destiny fly on the wall's Avatar

Default Who's afraid of the Fiscal Cliff?

Pig House and Pig Senate gaily romped and sang in their front yard,

"Who's afraid of the Fiscal Cliff
    Fiscal Cliff
    Fiscal Cliff
    Who's afraid of the Fiscal Cliff
    La la la la la!"

Pig Obama looked at his two brothers and shook his head. Pig Obama had a different reckoning about the gravity of the situation.

Suddenly the Fiscal Cliff was upon them.

"I'm not afraid of the Fiscal Cliff, " said Pig House, "Lemme at him!"

Pig House approached the Fiscal Cliff and said, "My package of Entitlement cuts and no tax increases should be enough to send you away."

The Fiscal Cliff gobbled Pig House up completely, eating him whole without even any chewing.

Pig Senate approached the Fiscal Cliff and said, "My package of tax hikes for the wealthy and no Entitlement reforms should be enough to send you away."

The Fiscal Cliff gobbled Pig Senate up completely, without even chewing him.

Pig Obama approached the Fiscal Cliff. The crowd of journalists all gulped since Pig Obama was their last hope. Would Pig Obama present a balanced package of tax increases for the wealthy and Entitlement reforms which everyone knew was the best chance of getting rid of the Fiscal Cliff? Or would he do something else?

Pig Obama approached the Fiscal Cliff and punched him SLAM right in the stomach, and then he did it again with his other arm. This made the Fiscal Cliff vomit up Pig House and Pig Senate, and they were alive since the Fiscal Cliff hadn't bothered to chew them. Pig House and Pig Senate coughed up digestive fluid as the stared at their brother Pig Obama with wonder. What would Pig Obama do next?

Pig Obama kicked the Fiscal Cliff, he kicked him right in the can, and he kicked that can down the road.

The crowd of journalists cheered!

Pig House and Pig Senate linked their arms and began singing and dancing,
    "He didn't have to bear the load,
    He simply kicked it down the road!"

Everyone was happy except one little fly on the wall who commented, "He didn't kick it that far down the road."

But no one paid any attention to him.

The End
    fly on the wall

"A watched pot never boils unless you have heat vision."

--Anonymous

Except he did present a balanced package of tax increases for the wealthy and Entitlement reforms. He offered up Medicare and Social Security on the chopping block. The only thing he wanted in return was tax increases on those earning $400k or more. The Teabaggers in congress would have none of that. They even voted no on their own parties "Plan B" which only hiked taxes on those making a million a year or more. At that point, there is zero compromise coming from the right. None. So the only way to avoid the fiscal cliff would be to give the far right everything they want in exchange for nothing. The voters didn't ask for the Romney/Ryan plan when they re-elected Obama.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

But to answer the question, I'm not afraid. My taxes go up 2% I'm not likely to notice. Capital gains taxes will go up about 33%though, which is what I have been hoping would happen ever since Obama was elected. Actually I would have preferred they go up 100% or more.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

People will be glad to hear that the Senate has reached an agreement on not increasing taxes for most Americans.

It's just the spending cuts bit they keep kicking down the road.
    Last edited by Iangould; 12-31-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Incidentally, those massive horrendous sequestration spending cuts that threatened to send the US back into recession are a tiny fraction of what would be required to produce a budget surplus through spending cuts alone as the Tea party advocates.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

I always hated playing kick the can. Brian Regular would hide behind me while I counted, and as soon as I yelled "Ready or not, here I come!" That fucker would kick the can. Boys are cheaters.
    When you're this awesome, they call you Rita.

The hospital I work at has both feet firmly planted in the Medicare/Medicaid trough so I think we're fine.

Princess Vagina bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Fuck you, flyman! Clean out your fucking PM box! I'm trying to wish you a merry new year and plan world fucking domination!
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Honestly, I see the idea that Congress is even capable of kicking a problem down the road as a major victory. The last time that Congress faced a routine matter, they created a major problem which resulted in higher unemployment, a hit on our nation's credit score and a hit in the stock market. So I'm impressed that they managed to get through a hostage situation without taking themselves hostage and shooting themselves. Sure, it's not competence, but at least it's not gross negligence.

It's the Tea Party and their allies. They wouldn't even accept a proposal from their own damned Speaker.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    It's the Tea Party and their allies. They wouldn't even accept a proposal from their own damned Speaker.
    I can half understand where they're coming from. I'd have a hard time trusting a Republican on almost anything at this point.

And lucky me, of my two favorite Republicans in Florida, one (Paula Dockery) is term-limited out of office (and declined to be pRick Scott's running mate) and the other switched parties to be a Democrat (no, not Crist; it's Nancy Argenziano). And I like our Commissioner of Agriculture (Adam Putnam) well enough. He's far from ideal, but I voted for him over the Democratic opponent and haven't regretted my vote yet.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

I'm not afraid, because the name makes me think of the guy I always wanted to be my dad-- Dr. Huxtable.

Or... Frisky Clifford... I love big red dogs.
    Or... even that drunk postman on Cheers.

They should have called it something sinister, like the Financial Abyss... or Chasm... or something.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 01-01-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well here is the latest news....it seems that the Senate hammered a deal out to avoid the Cliff. Its now up to the Republican controlled House to approve it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/01/politi...iff/index.html

Which by hearing a few in this...they seem to continue to kick sand angry that they can't protect the rich at all costs.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Honestly, I see the idea that Congress is even capable of kicking a problem down the road as a major victory.
    Yeah, the current deal is a step up from last year - and you've got some tax raises on the wealthy, no less!
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

There will be a new Congress coming in, maybe they will suck less.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.