Hybrid View

Default What else to add..

So I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, Phantom Stranger, and just jumped on Animal Man and Swamp Thing. I'm still new to comics and I'm looking to add another book or two to my current pull list. I'm torn between Dial H, JLD, Demon Knights. How are these? Any other recommendations based on what I'm reading so far?
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Demon Knights is great. Based on what you are already reading, that would be my suggestion.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Between the three you listed, get JLD. However, I'd recommend I, Vampire above all of them.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Out of those books, I would rank them:

Demon Knights
    Dial H
    Justice League Dark

But they are all pretty good.

You seem to like the darker, art-heavy books. You may want to give Batwoman a shot.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Haha you all make this even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Out of those books, I would rank them:

Demon Knights
    Dial H
    Justice League Dark

But they are all pretty good.

You seem to like the darker, art-heavy books. You may want to give Batwoman a shot.
    I guess I do like the darker books. How exactly is Batwoman darker? Like darker than most Bat-books in general...
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by dubbauw View Post
    Haha you all make this even harder.

I guess I do like the darker books. How exactly is Batwoman darker? Like darker than most Bat-books in general...
    It has a gothic tone and art style. The first five issues (which are collected in the first hardcover volume) are amazing, but then the artist and writing style changes in the second volume, and I don't like it anywhere near as much.

You could also consider getting the Batwoman: Elegy collection, which came out a few years ago, but introduces the character and her world. It leads pretty much directly into the current Batwoman series.

If you want to try stuff cheaply, DC has all the New 52 #1 issues up on Comixology (digital comics site) for 99 cents each. That would give you a good idea what you do or do not like. You can read Comixology on a computer, tablet, or cell phone. If you have a tablet that's the best way IMO, since a tablet screen is the closest thing to the size of a comic book. It's how I read all my new comics now and I really like it.

If you want to just stick with those initial three titles you were interested in, Demon Knights is definitely my favorite, but given your list I think you may like Justice League Dark the most, as it's more superhero based.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    Between the three you listed, get JLD. However, I'd recommend I, Vampire above all of them.
    This. Absolutely this.