Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Nothing has been said about House of the Living Dead, but the distinct lack of any sketchbook or author's notes makes it certain to me that it will be recollected. It may be collected in one of the regular Hellboy trades, but I'm sure it'll turn up in a Library Edition one day. But it may be a while. There is another OGN being written at the moment, The Midnight Circus, and Mike Mignola wants to do more. You'll probably find once three of them have been released they'll get collected into a trade and that trade will eventually go to a Library Edition. It's for this reason that I have never bought House of the Living Dead.

Masks and Monsters won't be collected in a library edition, much the same as the two Weird Tales trades won't. They aren't really a part of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Nothing has been said about House of the Living Dead, but the distinct lack of any sketchbook or author's notes makes it certain to me that it will be recollected. It may be collected in one of the regular Hellboy trades, but I'm sure it'll turn up in a Library Edition one day. But it may be a while. There is another OGN being written at the moment, The Midnight Circus, and Mike Mignola wants to do more. You'll probably find once three of them have been released they'll get collected into a trade and that trade will eventually go to a Library Edition. It's for this reason that I have never bought House of the Living Dead.

Masks and Monsters won't be collected in a library edition, much the same as the two Weird Tales trades won't. They aren't really a part of the series.
    All that being said, to me Masks and Monsters feels more canon than House of the Living Dead. Mike's work on Batman, Hellboy, Starman was gorgeous. Shame to not see that printed large format, but I can definitely understand why it wouldn't be chosen for a Library Edition.

Thanks for the information. It definitely seems like it should be collected one day. I'm gonna continue to hold out for the library edition.

Nothing has been said
    Agreed: maybe they'll get collected, at some point.

Although the crossover books or Weird Tales seem particularly their own thing as titles. Due to being out-of-the-ordinary by definition: crossovers are crossovers which happen out of continuity and the Weird Tales are other folks than Mignola getting permitted at the helm for the opportunity.

But for the meantime those books may be bought as they are, or be to build up a lot of readership.

And a prime yet affordible hardcover complete-story format does seem to work. For me at least. Fifteen orso bucks for a nice complete book won't be much.

But would they get made into a Library Edition with sketches and such I'd buy that as well. Potentially not any trade 'though, since the House of the Living Dead already stacks nicely along or right next to trades.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 01-05-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Btw anyone hear about v1 getting a reprint shortly? I was wanting to get the set and Amazon are listing it as 1-2 months.

70 pages!!! Oh my!

If you want to win all six library editions, you can enter Multiversity's art competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    70 pages!!! Oh my!
    Тhat is so much .Cool bonus for us the fans of the supernatural hunter Hellboy
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Yeah, Dark Horse has taken the sketchbooks in this series to a whole other level. I love it and I'm so grateful that they have. I have nothing but praise for their collections.

Default Hellboy Library Edition Volume 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Btw anyone hear about v1 getting a reprint shortly? I was wanting to get the set and Amazon are listing it as 1-2 months.
    I've been searching everywhere for it. I really want to collect these beauties, but not having vol. 1 would erk me. I have been so tempted to buy the rest, but I'm not sure if I should if I'll never get the complete set. People are selling vol. 1 but it's really expensive. Anyone got any answers for that reprint?

Volume 1 reprints next month, I think. It definitely reprints before June.

*FAINTS*... in a good way of course.

I'm still desperately hoping for a hardcover collection of the Abe, Lobster and Witchfinder books.

Maybe some day, but certainly not any time soon. But it would be nice to have everything in hard cover eventually.