Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Hellboy Library Edition - Volume 6

Coming out mid June 2013. It's now appeared on Amazon (as usual Amazon is wrong by a month).

The oversized Hellboy hardcover series continues, collecting the climatic "Death of Hellboy" storyline from Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo, and one-shots by some of the greatest talents in comics! Hellboy has racked up multiple awards, numerous spinoffs, a novel line, video games, cartoons, and two feature films. Hellboy Library Edition Volume 6 collects two complete trade-paperbacks: The Storm and the Fury and The Bride of Hell and Others, as well as an extensive selection of previously unreleased art.

Here's the cover:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HellboyLibrary6.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	104774
    Last edited by Middenway; 11-25-2012 at 12:04 AM.

BANNED

Wow. Beautiful cover.

Yeah, that's pretty much amazing

Best one yet!

BANNED

the color choices really stand out on this one. the gold lettering works better here than I think on any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Best one yet!
    Although every cover has been amazing to the Nth degree, I have to agree with you, David. This IS the best one so far.

Awesome these are the best.
    Currently Reading: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Wonder Woman, Batman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel & Faith, The Sixth Gun, Fatale, Fables, Sweet Tooth, Saga, Glory, Batman Inc.

Incredible cover! Would definitely put a print of this on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    the color choices really stand out on this one.
    Agreed! Any guesses on whether Mike colored this one?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaroscuros View Post
    Agreed! Any guesses on whether Mike colored this one?
    Yes: my guess is that (specifically) the Hellboy Library Edition covers would be watercolor paintings as rendered fully by mr Mike - by himself.

Eventhough Dave Stewart is obviously a ROCK STAR.

But despite mr Dave's awesomeness I am under the impression that mr Mike occasionally does and has been doing full color watercolor pieces, as with including all the coloring such would be to involve.

I feel to recall that in his "From the Editor" blurb over on the Dark Horse site, Scott Allie has described at least one of the specific Library Edition covers as being "a watercolor painting" as done by mr Mike: (http://www.darkhorse.com/Zones/Hellboy/430).
    And this, coupled to the fact that mr Mike would have done a number of fully colored watercolor-painted pieces (on his own it appears to me) over the years, I'm guessing this to also be the case for specifically any of the outer centered "tipped in" front covers being exclusive to these Library Editions up to now.
    Both as likely pieces such as the Seed of Destruction ltd ed HC bookplate, the 1997 Hellboy litho piece, the Lost Army cover, the Bones of Giants cover, the Hellboy 2004 sketchbook bookplate, the Hellboy VS grave-ly monster tipped in cover to the Art of Hellboy HC (also as printed within).
    Or as for instance seemingly full cover watercolor book covers such as Snake Moon or Corum: the Prince With the Silver Hand, (with no separate colorists getting credited as far as I'd be to know).

Such would be my guess. As in: I would be mistaken in this guess, if and as soon as actual actuality would come to be proving otherwise as per individual piece.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-03-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: for underlining this being purely my impression and nothing else.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

I can't help thinking this was colored by Dave. Some of the gradients are so incredibly smooth that it looks digital (or at least not watercolor). Of course I could be wrong.

I'm inclined to agree. It looks similar to the technique he used on Witchfinder: In the Service of Angels #4 (which I love, by the way).

Mists of Pandaria is prevalent, chilk here http://www.************ ,where you do not know the secret!

Anyone know if House of the Living Dead will ever get collected in a library edition? Or is it just a stand alone story? I've been on the fence about buying it for a while just for this reason. Same with Masks and Monsters, though that one seems pretty unlikely.