Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Batman does have a way out in real life. He can buy from the Russians or Chinese for high tech weapons. Stealth is probably a USA tech, but good jet engines can be had from the Russians.

If in real life, I think Bruce Wayne would get into the weapons business just to gain access to things to fund and support the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Wayne would be outed as Batman in a few days. Luthor would be in Club Fed - next to Martha Stewart.

Stark - being out, might hang on.

Stark and Luthor would sell weapons tech to the government as compared to keeping it for individual silly plots and armored suits. They would be very rich.
    Stark would be far too busy putting every oil, coal, and natural gas company in the world out of business to bother with weapons manufacturing.

The Batplane would have to cost more than a F-22, so we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars. The engines would have to be bought from someone like RR or General Dynamics. Since they contain incredibly expensive tech and materials - Bats ain't making it himself. The stealth coatings and design are beyond any individual - even Bats.

NO way to keep that secret. As many said - the government would and commercial applications would make Stark and Lex rich beyond belief. As someone once said:
    Why would a real world Batman even need a Batplane? You can't exactly stop a mugging from 10,000 feet up.

I would imagine that Umbrella would crash and burn before they got past the "Zombies-in-a-Mansion" nowadays.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Chinese and Russian stealth fighters only exist in prototype and their engine developing is lagging. The prototypes don't have the new engines yet. Also, having standard engines makes the Batplane just as good as modern fighters. That's not too super. Also, stealth defeating stuff is out there now.

If those guys were in the real world. Just get rich and forget the super deeds and world domination. BTW, what does LexCorp actually sell? Atomic underpants?

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bguy View Post
    Why would a real world Batman even need a Batplane? You can't exactly stop a mugging from 10,000 feet up.
    I guess he would stop the jetpacking muggers.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Corporations like Wayne Enterprise, Luthor Corp and Stark Enterprise, for example?
    Assuming the government doesn't come up with some takeover loophole and, in the case of LexCorp, assuming he would allow it (considering the tech he could bring to bear), they'd be insanely rich.

Going back to the early Iron-Man comics, the kind of tech he was selling to the U.S. government would be beyond anything even remotely possible by real world standards, pure fantasy tech.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Wayne would be outed as Batman in a few days. Luthor would be in Club Fed - next to Martha Stewart.

Stark - being out, might hang on.

Stark and Luthor would sell weapons tech to the government as compared to keeping it for individual silly plots and armored suits. They would be very rich.
    The outing of Batman really comes down to "cosmology". Does he run around as Batman? Do people who have seen him as both Bruce and Batman see no connection (comic book cosmology rules) or do they say, "Hey Bruce, what are you doing in a Batman costume?" or, conversely, "Hey, you're that guy I saw running around earlier in a Batman costume" (real word cosmology rules).

This is if he even tries being Batman in the real world. I think we're just assuming he has the tech and can sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Umbrella wins.

Shinra was pretty mild, aside from Hojo. Hell, they spend most of the game actively trying to save the world.
    They only tried to save the world at the end of disc 2/3 when the meteor was coming. Everything else they did could fall under the "evil" category.

Umbrella would only win because their evil plans are stupid and pointless. At least Shinra was making money and ruling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hell, Shadowrun Megacorps have basically replaced countries in some cases.

Most would be more powerful than most real life counterparts, but I wonder if some of them would end up getting busted by monopoly laws.
    You serve a warrant on the head of Saeder-Krupp. I will watch. From a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    They only tried to save the world at the end of disc 2/3 when the meteor was coming.
    They also took out a WEAPON and were generally trying to stop Sephiroth, as I recall.

That said, now that I think about it, Shinra probably doesn't count as a corporation given that it's more like a country.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Massive Dynamic could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    If in real life, I think Bruce Wayne would get into the weapons business just to gain access to things to fund and support the JLA.
    I don't see the JL accepting arms $...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    You serve a warrant on the head of Saeder-Krupp. I will watch. From a distance.
    Om Nom Nom Nom.

Lofwyr thanks you for the tasty treat.