Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

and here are the rest

That's not good. Try 'ironing' them out.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

wouldnt that burn them?
    i put them in new bags and boards, sandwhiched it in cardboard and put two full short boxes on one of them. ill take it out tomorrow and see what happens

From your pics it looks like just the boards are bent, try putting them in a heavy book on a flat surface

Quote Originally Posted by Superleo View Post
    wouldnt that burn them?
    Sure, in the same way ironing clothes burns them. Put a towel or table cloth between the iron and the pages and you'll be fine. I've done it many times, some on damaged book from deliveries, other times with books I've got on the cheap due to damage. If done properly they'll be like new.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

I didn't mean to literally iron it. I meant flatten something on it.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    Sure, in the same way ironing clothes burns them. Put a towel or table cloth between the iron and the pages and you'll be fine. I've done it many times, some on damaged book from deliveries, other times with books I've got on the cheap due to damage. If done properly they'll be like new.
    Hmm. Somehow I think that'll cause more problems than it will solve. Granted, I've never attempted such a thing (nor would I, tbh), but I'm inclined to think that the exposure to the steam would cause irreperable bubbling in the pages.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Hmm. Somehow I think that'll cause more problems than it will solve. Granted, I've never attempted such a thing (nor would I, tbh), but I'm inclined to think that the exposure to the steam would cause irreperable bubbling in the pages.
    Tell that to the numerous single issues and TPBs I've done it do.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

i pressed the batgirl #1 book which was the worst one. its still bent and visible but its more flat now. its all good i guess. if i find one locally ill probably pick it up. trying the second worst book right now which was batwoman #4
    thanks for the advice guys ill probably experiment with ironing the book later with a book i dont care for later

Yeah ur boned. Best bet is to find a comic shop and pay a absurd amount for a mint condition copy in person. Ive had suprisingly good luck with amazon, but there have been a few "WOW, REALLY" in there. Buyer beware, Im usually satisfied if it cost less than the shipping for the iterm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Yeah ur boned. Best bet is to find a comic shop and pay a absurd amount for a mint condition copy in person. Ive had suprisingly good luck with amazon, but there have been a few "WOW, REALLY" in there. Buyer beware, Im usually satisfied if it cost less than the shipping for the iterm.
    I get those bends ALL THE TIME with my online purchasing. I think DCBS does the best job protecting them, Lonestar the worst, Mile High somewhere in between. Ebay is hit and miss. Some people overpack the books, while others put them in a manilla envelope. That said, I try not to let it bother me on new books. I did get a ripped book once and was given a refund, but usually its still better condition than if I were to take one off the bookshelf news stand.

yeah its no biggie i guess.
    my comic shop always has books with bends on it once they go on the shelf.
    theyre usually in good shape if you have a pull list but lately ive gotten a book or two with a bent spine or cover bent. bugs the hell out of me