Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    he has endangered the very fabric of time!
    MU time travel doesn't work that way. He's created another timeline, just like Bishop, Rachel, and Cable. Unless you want to sanction all the time-travellers in the MU, Hank hasn't done anything especially temporally grievous.

And if he has, that bespeaks a gross research failure on Bendis's part (should I be surprised?)
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    MU time travel doesn't work that way. He's created another timeline, just like Bishop, Rachel, and Cable. Unless you want to sanction all the time-travellers in the MU, Hank hasn't done anything especially temporally grievous.
    There's going to be two Bobby Drakes around.

Think Van Damme's Maximum Risk. Only much much worse. Nothing to do with Bobby's current narrative, but I can't think of a worse "clones/twins" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    There's going to be two Bobby Drakes around.

Think Van Damme's Maximum Risk. Only much much worse. Nothing to do with Bobby's current narrative, but I can't think of a worse "clones/twins" movie.
    I don't want to kill Van Damme, or whoever made that movie. And Iceman used to be one of my favorite characters before they regressed him to the age of 12.

People are letting their Hank-hate run away with them.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men

And Iceman used to be one of my favorite characters before they regressed him to the age of 12.
    I'll bite. When did you think this reversal happened?

Sure, his tantrum from AvX was hilarious, but the guy has pretty much always been a PG-13 rated superhero.

I'll bite. When did you think this reversal happened?

Sure, his tantrum from AvX was hilarious, but the guy has pretty much always been a PG-13 rated superhero.
    He really stepped up to the plate in Operation: Zero Tolerance, and was pretty likable thereafter, up until Austen's run where he make a bunch of bratty comments about the O5 being the "real" X-Men, with everyone else being a Johnny-come-lately. Then I hated him for a while, then I got over it, and now he's kind of 'meh'.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men

bratty comments about the O5 being the "real" X-Men, with everyone else being a Johnny-come-lately.
    As per the current state of the X-verse, Iceman was right.

Screwing with the timeline will do that.

But killing Beast won't fix the problem.

I'm not suggesting "killing beast" it's more of presenting a consequence to his actions... in what shape or form is yet to be known (that's where GoTG comes in I presume) I'm sure it'll be Galatic if not universal thanks to Bendis and probably explain how the 05 will be able to stay in post AvX 616

As per the current state of the X-verse, Iceman was right.
    Eh, maybe. Still doesn't excuse him offhandedly dismissing the 75+ people who've risked their lives for the X-Men's cause since then.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'm not suggesting "killing beast" it's more of presenting a consequence to his actions... in what shape or form is yet to be known (that's where GoTG comes in I presume) I'm sure it'll be Galatic if not universal thanks to Bendis and probably explain how the 05 will be able to stay in post AvX 616
    I could deal with that. Actions have consequences and it'd make for an interesting story for Beast.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men

Eh, maybe. Still doesn't excuse him offhandedly dismissing the 75+ people who've risked their lives for the X-Men's cause since then.
    For the sake of fairness, most of x-history has either been defined or was a consequence of the trials of Scott Summers and Jean Grey. The 90s are pretty much the only exception.

Sure, Bobby doesn't mean it that way (as if), but it's still an hilarious meta-textual instance of "I told you so".
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.

For the sake of fairness, most of x-history has either been defined or was a consequence of the trials of Scott Summers and Jean Grey. The 90s are pretty much the only exception.
    Umm...everything between Scott's wedding to Madelyne and the end of the Outback era in the 80s? where neither Scott nor Jean were X-Men? Begs to differ.

Sure, Bobby doesn't mean it that way (as if), but it's still an hilarious meta-textual instance of "I told you so".
    Only because the PTB said so. for my part, I still think bringing the ANAD team forward would have been a better idea. You still get a young Scott, but also more characters who would speak more strongly to Scott's conscience. We've established Jean coming back wouldn't do it for him, but what about Kurt, or Sean, or John?
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men

Only because the PTB said so. for my part, I still think bringing the ANAD team forward would have been a better idea. You still get a young Scott, but also more characters who would speak more strongly to Scott's conscience. We've established Jean coming back wouldn't do it for him, but what about Kurt, or Sean, or John?
    I dunno, but if Jean couldn't do it I don't see how much better any other past X-Man could.

Maybe Corsair could. Maybe.

But Scott has seen and been through too much at this point and is now a man with a mission. No one short of the One-Above-All could probably convince him otherwise at this point.

Umm...everything between Scott's wedding to Madelyne and the end of the Outback era in the 80s? where neither Scott nor Jean were X-Men? Begs to differ.
    A name is just a name. The average MU citizen knew more about X-Factor than the Outback team. They had Maddie watch the news for them, for crying out loud. That's how out of the loop they were. Sure, MU historians will give the team its own chapter, but that's pretty much it. A glorified footnote in the grander scheme of things.

Think overall narrative of x-history. Many, many eras were ushered in by the departure, death, return or spiritual renewal of either Scott or Jean. Charles is somewhat of a close third, but no other x-team or x-man even comes close to defining the narrative beats of x-history.

I still think bringing the ANAD team forward would have been a better idea.
    Outback would've been better. 80s' Wolverine and Storm would be devastated at what they've become. Would've been pure comedy gold.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Outback would've been better. 80s' Wolverine and Storm would be devastated at what they've become.
    I'm going to agree with you on this one, if only because I miss the hell out of the Outback team and having British and Asian Psylocke in the same room together without that Kwannon nonsense mucking things up would be fascinating.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    For Wolverine, who's born in the late 1880s, there is no big difference between a 30-year woman and a teenage girl..
    Weren´t girls marrying at, like, 12 back then?
    I bet he hears church bells everytime he looks at Jubilee, let alone teen Jean.