Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    The scenario: North Korea has finally done it! They are a full blown nuclear power, and they have gone nuts attacking US interests across the world and assassinating key US political figures bringing the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation. The world has entered WWIII.
    Ah...While the situation you're describing is bad, it's not WWIII.
    Seriously, North Korea is tiny. Its population is about two-thirds of California's, and its GDP is less than a tenth of Walmart's yearly revenue. Nukes or no nukes, it cannot wage a world war.
    Last edited by sun tzu; 11-18-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    Ah...While the situation you're describing is bad, it's not WWIII.
    Seriously, North Korea is tiny. It's population is about two-thirds of California's, and its GDP is less than a tenth of Walmart's yearly revenue. Nukes or no nukes, it cannot wage a world war.
    Well, lets assume they get allies for this scenario. They start it, then China and North Korea join forces. After all it's a WWIII. Probably China is the ring leader after this, seeing their chance for global domination. (It doesn't have to be super plausible.) The part I'm most interested in which character from a fictional reality is chosen to assist, and how that character adapts to reality once they know they can never go back.

I'd probably be selfish and try to do something that benefits myself as well as humanity if possible, like choosing Johnny Thunder's genie. I thought about Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie to end the war and be my harem girl, but I doubt she could be effective in such a scenario.
    Last edited by Zagreus; 11-18-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Ditto.

(If we can't both choose the same character, I choose Lisa from Weird Science.)
    Good choice, I didn't think of her!

Off handed answer? Why not War himself/itself? Granted I'm thinking just any god of war or incarnation basically. Generally speaking Ares should be able to do something about this seeing as it's his job of sorts or was thereabouts.

If not him/them why not go the opposite? Aphoridte; possibly the Marvel version that showed up to deal with Venus...other versions tend to flake out at the most inoppurtune times.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

You don't want a God of War, because they'll LIKE the idea of the Biggest War EVAH brewing up, and see how many people they can get it to kill.

I would definitely say Supes, but since he was already answered, I'll pick one of the Flash's. None of them seem too bad a' guys, and no matter which one was picked, they would solve a ton of crime and end most/all wars all by himself.

How can most sorcerer's/witches/wizards/mages/whathaveyou do their thing in this scenario, though? If they are cut off from all other fictional dimensions, then by definition a shit ton of them will be cut off from their magic. Hell, in that respect, how will any of the Flash's connect to the extradimensional Speed Force?

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    You don't want a God of War, because they'll LIKE the idea of the Biggest War EVAH brewing up, and see how many people they can get it to kill.
    True enough. Although it's why the whole Love idea as the counter to it as well. Although if we are going into deities then could not one of the ALLFather's be a better choice? Unless it's there idea to want the world to end in the first place as such.

Superman is the first person I thought of as well. Castiel would be a good choice as well. Silver Surfer is easily strong enough to prevent a war and is generally whining about humanity so he really swamps one situation for another.
    I don't have a signature

Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    How can most sorcerer's/witches/wizards/mages/whathaveyou do their thing in this scenario, though? If they are cut off from all other fictional dimensions, then by definition a shit ton of them will be cut off from their magic. Hell, in that respect, how will any of the Flash's connect to the extradimensional Speed Force?
    Let's just say that the force that grants them the ability to enter the real world gives them the ability to keep their powers intact. The only thing that is impaired is their own dimension hopping (or summoing other beings from other dimensions as well). This dimension is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Bolt View Post
    I summon the mighty Sheogorath because that's how I roll. I was going to summon Lloth but after thinking it over for approximately 5 seconds or so I went for the big cash money wad instead.
    You know he'd just cause the nuclear apocalypse, only instead of death by radiation, we all suddenly turn allergic to cuteness as the missiles deploy happily barking/mewing puppies/kitties.

The only answer to a big gun, is an even BIGGER GUN! And so, I summon none other than GODZILLA, to show the entire planet what a nuclear holocaust really looks like!
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...