Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default On the brink of WWIII which character from fiction would you summon to save the world

The scenario: North Korea has finally done it! They are a full blown nuclear power, and they have gone nuts attacking US interests across the world and assassinating key US political figures bringing the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation. The world has entered WWIII.

Through a bizzarre twist of fate, You have been given the ability to summon one character from fiction to end this crisis. Who do you bring into the real world?

One caveat- whoever you summon is stuck here. If you summon Thor, for example, he has all of his powers and abilites, but he cannot dimensionally travel to Asgard, because there is no Asgard in the world that we know. Though he can space travel if he desires, but who knows if anything else is out there (his knowledge is as limited as ours- unless the character has other means of divining or extra normal senses.) They have their powers and abilities except where it comes to dimensional travel. They are stuck in this dimension, permanently and cannot go back to their fictional reality.

How do they relate to our world once they are here? Can they adapt to the real world? If so, how?

Edit: I should add you state only bringing one character into our world, in which case I'll take Captain Planet himself.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Easy choice is Superman. He'd do fine at adapting to our world and there are so many other super heroes in the DCU that I'm not dooming DCU Earth to its destruction by removing him.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post

Edit: I should add you state only bringing one character into our world, in which case I'll take Captain Planet himself.
    Or you could mush 'em all into one...
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Charles Xavier. He'd be a lot more subtle and effective than somebody like Supes. World-wide mind-dickery.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

The only downside with Chaz:

CHUCK: Why am I here?

BEADLE: I summoned you here to help!

CHUCK: I will do what I can to help the mutant cause anywhere! And that includes stopping mutants from making things worse.

BEADLE: Um, about that, it's not really a mutant problem.

CHUCK: Prejudice, bigotry, intolerance: these are real problems for mutants everywhere.

BEADLE: I mean to say that we don't, um, have mutants.

CHUCK: You don't have mutants? I see from your mind that you could have summoned anyone from any universe, you don't have mutants, and you chose ME?

BEADLE: Um, yeah?

CHUCK: You know what happens next, right?

BEADLE: Mindrape?

CHUCK: Something like that. You will go to sleep. When you wake up, you will look for a gorilla to marry. Do not call me again. MAGIK!!!!!!!

*poof*

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

I summon Midnighter.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Waiting for Gwens BND Winter Bolt's Avatar

I summon the mighty Sheogorath because that's how I roll. I was going to summon Lloth but after thinking it over for approximately 5 seconds or so I went for the big cash money wad instead.
    pew pew pew

I'd say Superman, but I think he'd have a tough time leaving his friends behind. So right now I'm thinking Dr. Manhattan. Or maybe Silver Surfer if Manhattan wouldn't cooperate.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

If there's no time to lose, I'd go with Ai Enma: the Hell Girl. This is a walking weapon of mass destruction, and as Loli as they come. Expect the entire command structure of NK to disappear overnight. And when the US and UN plan a retaliatory strike expect half of them to disappear, too before they can do anything. She doesn't care about political or geographical borders; you be a dick, she comes to get you. World leaders would ban the word "war" or "aggressive foreign policy" altogether out of fear for their own lives.

And if there's still time left to act, we would be better served with L from Death Note; we'd be left wondering why the wars just stopped and the world economy suddenly rearranged itself into a sustainable boom-era.

Worst case scenario, with fingers on the buttons? Eywa from Avatar, interfaced with the planet itself. There's practically no defense against Her, and She would turn the planet itself against us if we continue on our self-destructive path. We either stop, or become extinct.

If birds have flown and packages are delivered? Then there's no other choice...we shall embrace peace. THROUGH THE FIST! All bow before RAOH: THE CONQUEROR OF THE CENTURY'S END!
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Probably Jeannie, in lamp preferably. Not only should she be able to reality warp away all of the problems in the emergency, but after that hey, I have Jeannie.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Bolt View Post
    I summon the mighty Sheogorath because that's how I roll. I was going to summon Lloth but after thinking it over for approximately 5 seconds or so I went for the big cash money wad instead.
    Well, Sheogorath is a lot more fun than Llolth in the long run. Or the short run. Cheese for everyone!

Seriously, though. If I had to pick between "Oh god spiders, torture, and baby-eating everywhere" and "Random quests to 'cut down the biggest tree in the forest wiiii~th... A Herring!' and occasional rains of flaming dogs," I know which one I'd go with.

As for myself, well, since Supes was already mentioned, I think I'll pick Doctor Doom. The look on pretty much every world leader's face will be priceless when the Doom Helicarriers start rolling in. And after Doom cows the world, the guy canonically ends violent crime and hunger. (Admittedly, the crime part was through total world brainwashing, but that was because it was the most efficient method he had on hand.)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post

Damn, that's one badass .gif. Where'd you get it? It's not from a movie or anything, is it?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Probably Jeannie, in lamp preferably. Not only should she be able to reality warp away all of the problems in the emergency, but after that hey, I have Jeannie.
    Ditto.

(If we can't both choose the same character, I choose Lisa from Weird Science.)
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Damn, that's one badass .gif. Where'd you get it? It's not from a movie or anything, is it?
    It's from the Don Cheadle skit. Here.

(I can't help but laugh at Ma-Ti's particular utterance of 'Heart' in this one. It's now how I canonically imagine him saying it everywhere.)