Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Games you're certain no one likes but YOU?

Two immediately come to mind--the first being True Crime: NYC, a decent (in my opinion) GTA clone with fun, if glitchy, gameplay. You're basically a cop--good or bad, you choose--patrolling a decent-looking and accurate (at the time) Manhattan, stopping random street crime as well as going after bigger fish. I love the excitement of a high speed car chase with criminals through Times Square, I got a kick out of the many buildings you enter in pursuit of miscreants, stopping everything from attempted rapes to (rare) terrorist attacks on the Lincoln Tunnel. The gunpplay is fun, if short, but the main enjoyment I got from this game was the accurate layout of the city and its look, trash blowing freely though grimy streets (until you clean up crime in a particular area, changing its look somewhat), and the satisfaction of bringing down some criminal who tried to run.

the second is Space Channel 5 Part 2--I'm not alone here, but I may possibly be the only dude in the world who loves this game. The end of stage 2 is my favorite boss fight of all time. Just a great, fun game with a fantastic soundtrack. It's not for everyone...you basically dance your way to victory, amassing a crew of people to dance with you as you make your way though the missions.

What games do you play that you're sure you're the only one playing?

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

I like True Crime: NYC.... wait. Now, I am not certain I'm the only one that likes it.

The Goonies II on NES. I love that game to this day. Many people tell me it is a horrid mess.

Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2. Sure they can be glitchy messes at times, and they aren't the prettiest games, but once you get a couple of hours in they are really fun and addicting.

Two Worlds was a mess, Two Worlds 2 was really fun; it's also lot better than Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Not sure how it stacks up to Skyrim since that game crapped out on me when I was only a few hours in.

Alpha Protocol. (Well, there are a few fans out there, but overall it's a game few people like).

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Alpha Protocol. (Well, there are a few fans out there, but overall it's a game few people like).
    It's probably the best role-playing game ever made. Albeit one with faulty mechanics for the non-RPG bits of the game.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I enjoyed Advent Rising..most people didn't. I also love me some Jaws for NES.

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    The Goonies II on NES. I love that game to this day. Many people tell me it is a horrid mess.
    I always liked it..but I never could beat it I'd always get stuck at the same part.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2. Sure they can be glitchy messes at times, and they aren't the prettiest games, but once you get a couple of hours in they are really fun and addicting.
    Not just you, a lot of people liked Two Worlds 2.

I liked Ballz. (Har har.)

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

Godzilla 2:War of the Monsters for the NES. I loved it. However, it seems no one else did.
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

It also seems like I'm the only one who liked Clive Barker's Undying..but then again many people haven't gotten a chance to play it.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    Who doesn't like to save a mermaid?

Oh, I loved Alpha Protocol.

Sure, it had its share of technical flaws, and the boss battle with Brayko had some horrible level design (though at least it had that awesome music), but it was excellent as far a role-playing game goes. Bioware or Bethesda can't come close to some of the stuff that game did really well.

I hold it up as "one of those great RPG games that also happens to have some awful technical flaws", where it stands proudly with KotOR 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines.

Alpha Protocol was great. I think this is a game people trashed at it's initial release but is being cherished by a greater number later on.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    Who doesn't like to save a mermaid?
    People with no soul! People who don't like 8-bit Cyndi Lauper!! (well that was redundant!)

I don't know if they were hated games or not, but I never really hear much talk about them. I enjoyed the point and click (better term anyone?) adventures for NES like Shadowgate, Uninvited and oh dear me oh my how I loved me some Deja Vu.