Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    We've been blessed with some really good guest artists but man is it great to have Asrar back!

That looks like a Backward S, I bet hes a Bizarro sent out in Space for test purposes. Jor El's Frankenstein Monster.

That's actually not a bad thought. Maybe Jor-el used that green slime from the core in issue #0 to make him?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Yup, definitely Jor-El's Frankenstein.

And wow, this creative team LOVES expository monologues.

Still, looks cool.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

"I do not share the blood of your family, but my devotion to it is as stron as yours."

Now, that´s just insane and crazy stuff
    Last edited by Charlus; 11-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.

No kidding! Gee Whiz Super Fun!

I bet theres a little bit of Zibarro in there as well. (How many great Frankenstein knock offs are there?)

Swamp Thing, Hulk , Grundy, Bizarro.

Re read the Lobdell Superman and it is terrific. Haven't been reading Supergirl but this looks great.

I think a Mark Millar Superman would do well to do this good.

A Frankenstein's monster direction would be pretty cool. I'm still thinking he's Kon 1.0 though, whose body was entombed and forgotten somewhere in Kandor, and he somehow escaped stasis and was re-enlarged, perhaps by an as yet to be revealed benefactor.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Rainzo View Post
    Where did H'el's "S" go?
    I noticed that. I was going to say it was artist's mistake, but then I saw brik-el's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He's either lying or has false memories, I don't buy the story.
    Indeed. Perhaps he's just saying what Kara wants to hear. But if that were the case why not tell her he was sent by Zor-El?
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    That looks like a Backward S, I bet hes a Bizarro sent out in Space for test purposes. Jor El's Frankenstein Monster.
    Not sure about that. Jor-El was against Zor-El's experiments, which were implied to be the Worldkillers. Either that, or he was angry at the experiment his brother had with his niece, whatever that was.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Not sure about that. Jor-El was against Zor-El's experiments, which were implied to be the Worldkillers. Either that, or he was angry at the experiment his brother had with his niece, whatever that was.

What if it's Zor El's clone of Jor El gone wrong? Zor Els Frankenstein?

I don't know, at one time I think General Zod had created an army of Bizarros. Doesn't share blood with the El's,,,, I don't know it sounds a little like Frankenstein?

This is one of those books that I have dropped and re-added to my list multiple times. I like the art and character design enough to be interested in it, and the writing isn't so bad that it disgusts me, but it's not good enough to make me want to buy it each month.

Lots of flaws in the writing on this title. Cliched superhero comic scenes, repetitive character work, the excessive monologues, decompressed, etc. It's a shame Asrar's art is somewhat wasted, this book could be really good if it had a better writer.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Couldn't disagree more, but to each his own. I think this book has consistently rivaled the quality of Action Comics, with the possible exception of #3-#4, which kinda rushed into Tycho's origin while barely knowing Kara yet. But beyond that, more than solid. Totally different styles, but both quality.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.

I couldn't be happier with the creative team myself. Usually I'll put up with a book if it has nice art with a character I like, but I love Kara and Siobahn's characterizations too.

H'el is some sort Frankenstein experiment, surely a clone. But I don't buy his story, just some lies to convince Kara to side with him which surely it's going to happen considering the covers.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I couldn't be happier with the creative team myself. Usually I'll put up with a book if it has nice art with a character I like, but I love Kara and Siobahn's characterizations too.
    Me too, I hope it stays identical despite the one Mike leaving.

Will this issue stand on it's own or will it make no sense unless you pick up the superman and superboy issues? I'm only collecting Supergirl and not keen on the others.