Thread: Evangelion

Default Evangelion

Hey guys,
    I'm a fairly big fan of Evangelion. I know vol 13 of the manga came out. I wanted to know if anyone got it, how it was, and if it is the final volume of not. Let me know!!! Thanks!
    My Canon > Your Canon

13 was planned on being the last volume, but there's a lot more story left and he takes forever

Dang, I haven't even read vol. 12 yet! For the Dutch edition, we're dependent on Glénat, which also publishes a French translation which, as I understand it, take precedence to the Dutch. If the Youtube announcement is any indication, Glénat published 12 and 13 on the 7th of November, so I hope the Dutch version won't be too long behind.

I'm curious as to how Sadamoto is going to have his take on End Of Evangelion unfold.

Supposedly volume 13 did ship. But neither of the comic shops in my city received any copies and to special order them would take a few weeks at least.

I picked up my vol. 13 from a Barnes & Noble about a week ago. The story has not yet been completed.

As for Sadamoto, I asked a Dark Horse rep about it this past Anime Weekend Atlanta (partially because this is one of their guys who gets in direct contact with the Japanese side, and does things like personally ask Yoshitaka Amano if they can release his book in America). He pointed out that Sadamoto is primarily a character designer and the like, and is not an actual mangaka. So Sadamoto is working outside his comfort zone, on a project that is not what he chiefly uses to pay the bills, having to use techniques that he's not that comfortable with, and he's hit the most complicated part of the series. The speed the last few volumes have come out at makes more sense from that perspective.
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

To follow up on my previous post, I did find a copy of Vol 13 at the local Chapters. The story ventures into territory that I am fairly sure is from End of Evangelion but I could be wrong because I haven't watched the series in years. The mangaka message at the end basically said "look forward to volume 14" so there is at least one more volume in the works.