View Poll Results: Will Batman Kill the Joker at the End of DEATH OF THE FAMILY?

Voters
83. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

5 6.02%
  • No

32 38.55%
  • Maybe

2 2.41%
  • Someone Connected to Batman will kill joker instead

14 16.87%
  • Joker will live no matter what happens by the end of the Arc?

30 36.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Straight out of left field comes--DISMEMBERMENT!

BANNED

Isn't it obvious? Red Hood will kill him at the end.

I don't think he will. But who knows.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I don't think he will. But who knows.
    It is already set up perfectly for it to happen. Red Hood gets revenge on the Joker and kills him.

No.
    10char
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    It is already set up perfectly for it to happen. Red Hood gets revenge on the Joker and kills him.
    Then Batman turns on him, the joker returns soon and its all back to square one. A killer twist would be that both he and harley dies however, he is reborn into a child harley was secretley carrying.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Then Batman turns on him, the joker returns soon and its all back to square one. A killer twist would be that both he and harley dies however, he is reborn into a child harley was secretley carrying.
    LOL. I'm betting on that first part happening for sure. It all just seems very predictable, but I'm still loving this arc.

BANNED

Nope. Joker isn't going to die. They didn't relaunch the entire line so the could dispose of their most vital characters.

BANNED

Is this thread a joke or does this person really think there is the slightest possibility of this happening?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    It would be really poetic if that happened. With this story called "Death of Family", similar to another story's name, and with that Red Hood cover mirroring (literally) said story, it would be a cool way to bring everything a full circle.

And you know, while yes Joker is so marketable and popular to be killed, we know that Snyder and DC as a whole hasn't been hesitant about taking risks. So even if Joker's death doesn't last, I could actually see them trying it.

I mean, the whole hook of this story is that Joker has been a presence, but not the big bad in quite a while. Snyder is consciously trying to make this the biggest Joker story it could possibly be, and I mean...he's doing that with Batman #1/Man Who Laughs, Killing Joke, Death in the Family, etc. all in mind.

This could be Snyder's way of sending him out with a bang. Again, I know Joker is too popular to stay dead. But we know how ambitious Snyder has been and we know that the editors are also trying to be ballsy, so I can still see them attempting it. I mean, where else does Joker go from here?

And while I've been generally really negative about this story, I think I could be on board if it's intended to be this kind of finale story. I mean, I think Joker is a fantastic villain...and Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight is the most perfect villain ever IMO. The elemental, force of chaos is something that's made the Joker compelling to me for the first time in years. But let's not beat around the bush. They've established from the get go he's murdered hundreds of people. I can suspend my belief just fine, but this is the limit for me.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 11-17-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It would be really poetic if that happened. With this story called "Death of Family", similar to another story's name, and with that Red Hood cover mirroring (literally) said story, it would be a cool way to bring everything a full circle.

And you know, while yes Joker is so marketable and popular to be killed, we know that Snyder and DC as a whole hasn't been hesitant about taking risks. So even if Joker's death doesn't last, I could actually see them trying it.

I mean, the whole hook of this story is that Joker has been a presence, but not the big bad in quite a while. Snyder is consciously trying to make this the biggest Joker story it could possibly be, and I mean...he's doing that with Batman #1/Man Who Laughs, Killing Joke, Death in the Family, etc. all in mind.

This could be Snyder's way of sending him out with a bang. Again, I know Joker is too popular to stay dead. But we know how ambitious Snyder has been and we know that the editors are also trying to be ballsy, so I can still see them attempting it. I mean, where else does Joker go from here?
    Joker's the kind of guy who would die just to see batman 'die' in a way. They are similar, batmans a dark knight, the jokers a black knight.

BANNED

And while I've been generally really negative about this story, I think I could be on board if it's intended to be this kind of finale story. I mean, I think Joker is a fantastic villain...and Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight is the most perfect villain ever IMO. The elemental, force of chaos is something that's made the Joker compelling to me for the first time in years. But let's not beat around the bush. They've established from the get go he's murdered hundreds of people. I can suspend my belief just fine, but this is the limit for me.
    I agree. And with the way this story has been going so far I really don't see any other way that this could end that has the Joker still alive. And of course we all know that if he ends up getting killed it won't be permanent. He will be back in a few years or so which I would be totally fine with.

Alfred should finish him off.

Then, banished from Wayne Manor, seeking forgiveness but filled with an uncontrollable bloodlust, he haunts the world as.....The Butler!
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Alfred should finish him off.

Then, banished from Wayne Manor, seeking forgiveness but filled with an uncontrollable bloodlust, he haunts the world as.....The Butler!
    Book won't sell unless they call it "Bat-ler."

It would also be great if Jason killed him in a way Bruce couldn't say shit about. Like if Jason killed Joker to stop him from beating Damian to death with a crowbar.
    Last edited by stk; 11-17-2012 at 12:35 PM.

If this was two years ago I'd totally be on page with you on saying that Jason killing the Joker would have been a great story but now? That's just not the way Jason's characterization has been moving in Red Hood and the Outlaws and his various recent appearances in Batman and Robin and Batman Inc.

At this point it would be more in character for Tim,Damain, Batgirl or Gordon to kill the Joker than it would for Jason to do it, and even then I just don't see it happening.