Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Dunno,Morbius is not really a all new character which the first stories should have too much focus in the characterisation in the first stories.
    Granted this series looks like to have a diferent take on horror comics as said in the interview,so that feature is why this series will be diferent from previous marvel horror comics.
    I guess, but then again, so much as happened to Morbius since those older series that I think it's safe to say he's in a much different place. Before, even the Marvel Universe was fairly new. Now, we have a "veteran" character living in an older world. Morbius has been killed, has been possessed by demons and aliens, and has really become, just like many super-heroes and villains, sorta jaded by the experience.

The fun is seeing how Keatinge turns this into a strength.

Between this, Venom, Carnage, Scarlet Spider, and the new direction in Spiderman, the Spidey world seems to be getting more morbid each day. Not that I'm complaining.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Looks good gonna be trying it

I have not read much on Morbius in the past, but I am actually really excited for this series. I really hope it turns out well, liking the looks of it so far.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Everyone go pick up Glory in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Between this, Venom, Carnage, Scarlet Spider, and the new direction in Spiderman, the Spidey world seems to be getting more morbid each day. Not that I'm complaining.
    LOL "morbid" LOL

I can't wait for Morbius!

I am looking forward to this book but I have a question. Has Morbius been up to much since Legion of Monsters? That was my only exposure (in comics) to the character and I really enjoyed it.

Also, I am glad Marvel is giving him a shot but is that decision out of left field or what?
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 12-16-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I am looking forward to this book but I have a question. Has Morbius been up to much since Legion of Monsters? That was my only exposure (in comics) to the character and I really enjoyed it.

Also, I am glad Marvel is giving him a shot but is that decision out of left field or what?
    It's not entirely out of left field. He had a brief appearance in the Spider Island story, where his role served as the resolution to a long-running mystery in the title. He was the primary antagonist in Amazing Spider-Man #579.1, and then played a major role in Amazing Spider-Man #688-691, Slott's big Lizard story.

Amazing Spider-Man #699.1, essentially the Morbius pilot, also dealt with the aftermath of events in the previous issue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I would say that Morbius has had mostly consistent appearances over the past few years. It seemed to be Marvel Zombies 3 that gave the character a little push after his hiatus after the 90s. After Marvel Zombies 4, there was FrankenCastle, followed by an appearance in Spider-Man and Marvel Zombies 5 and then Legion of Monsters. All in all, he's made a come back.

However, he's sorta a weird choice for an ongoing.

Amazing how among so many blockbusters of new Marel comics (Superior Spider-Man,Avengers,Uncanny Avengers,Captain America,Guardians of Galaxy,All New X-Men...),Morbius is still one of the new titles that i am looking forward the most!
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    True.
    And not so long ago the tone opf the Spidey stories was kind of light (The first Slott stories from the start of Big Time,the first Avenging Spider-Man stories) and now the tone of the stories clearly seems to be changing.
    At least,Spidey stories keep on not getting stalle.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not entirely out of left field. He had a brief appearance in the Spider Island story, where his role served as the resolution to a long-running mystery in the title. He was the primary antagonist in Amazing Spider-Man #579.1, and then played a major role in Amazing Spider-Man #688-691, Slott's big Lizard story.

Amazing Spider-Man #699.1, essentially the Morbius pilot, also dealt with the aftermath of events in the previous issue.
    Thanks for the info, might have to check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I would say that Morbius has had mostly consistent appearances over the past few years. It seemed to be Marvel Zombies 3 that gave the character a little push after his hiatus after the 90s. After Marvel Zombies 4, there was FrankenCastle, followed by an appearance in Spider-Man and Marvel Zombies 5 and then Legion of Monsters. All in all, he's made a come back.

However, he's sorta a weird choice for an ongoing.
    Like I said, I am looking forward to it, I'm glad Marvel are pushing one of their non A-List characters. He just isn't an obvious choice to me. Was there alot of people clamoring for this title?
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Well, I mean, lots of people have wanted a more supernatural themed book. We've wanted to see the Midnight Sons reunite, or more on the Legion of Monsters. But Morbius alone? Of course, myself included, there's always a few fans who demand a Morbius book, but that's no different from any other character with a small, but loyal fanbase.

Really, Morbius getting his own series wouldn't have happened had the Thanos ongoing not been cancelled. It's obvious Marvel want to keep Keatinge and Elson, and from what Wacker has said on this forum, he just liked Morbius and wanted to give the character a chance while expanding Spider-Man's part of the MU. Really, Morbius is just getting lucky that Wacker and Keatinge are Morbius fans.