Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

This actually looks really cool. Loving the cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    I wonder if we'll have Cardiac in the book? Including him in could lead to a substantial bump in sales.
    Damn, where did you Cardiac fans come from? At least Morbius has been in one or two books a year for the past two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Intrigued by the book and that interview made be more so.

I like the look of the art.

I'm not so sure I like the idea of high end scientist Morbius in a hoody and doing graffiti....but yeah, I'll go with it.
    I mean, we always get on the fact that Morbius's normal costume looks sorta stupid. I think having him in a hoodie and jeans is an interesting break with the super-hero dynamic. It sorta sets him even farther apart from the other super-heroes and villains, leaving him in a somewhat interesting place.

It seems like they really want to isolate Morbius in this first arc, and the best way to do that is by removing him even farther from the super-hero/villain community where he's often found some level of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Damn, where did you Cardiac fans come from? At least Morbius has been in one or two books a year for the past two or three.

I mean, we always get on the fact that Morbius's normal costume looks sorta stupid. I think having him in a hoodie and jeans is an interesting break with the super-hero dynamic. It sorta sets him even farther apart from the other super-heroes and villains, leaving him in a somewhat interesting place.

It seems like they really want to isolate Morbius in this first arc, and the best way to do that is by removing him even farther from the super-hero/villain community where he's often found some level of support.
    Have to disagree. I love the Gil Kane costume and is a big part of the appeal of the character. It was that look that prompted me to buy my first ever Spider-man comic: vampire and werewolf as supervillains, I'm in! This hoodie look, especially as depicted on the cover, makes him look like Michael Jackson, creepy for the wrong reasons.

In fact, it is the normally dressed Morbius, the scientist that tends to get respect as those are the times when he's trying to live within society. It's the costumed version that is when he is usually acting as monster/villain/anti-hero that he's an outsider with a reputation of not playing well with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Love View Post
    Have to disagree. I love the Gil Kane costume and is a big part of the appeal of the character. It was that look that prompted me to buy my first ever Spider-man comic: vampire and werewolf as supervillains, I'm in! This hoodie look, especially as depicted on the cover, makes him look like Michael Jackson, creepy for the wrong reasons.

In fact, it is the normally dressed Morbius, the scientist that tends to get respect as those are the times when he's trying to live within society. It's the costumed version that is when he is usually acting as monster/villain/anti-hero that he's an outsider with a reputation of not playing well with others.
    When I said "stupid", I just mean that it's one of those out-dated costumes that, while out-dated, is such a part of the character's defining look that they look sorta weird without it. But then again, it appears that Morbius's more classic look is going to be a playing a part in this series, in the form of the tags and graffiti. But then, who's going to be making the street art and why? Morbius has actually been sorta a "homeless people king" a few times, so what is this supposed to represent that those other times didn't?

You know, I just realized, it's been over a decade since we've seen Morbius out of costume. My original comment referred to his time in ARMOR and such, where eve there he wore his traditional costume.

When I said "stupid", I just mean that it's one of those out-dated costumes that, while out-dated, is such a part of the character's defining look that they look sorta weird without it. But then again, it appears that Morbius's more classic look is going to be a playing a part in this series, in the form of the tags and graffiti. But then, who's going to be making the street art and why? Morbius has actually been sorta a "homeless people king" a few times, so what is this supposed to represent that those other times didn't?

You know, I just realized, it's been over a decade since we've seen Morbius out of costume. My original comment referred to his time in ARMOR and such, where eve there he wore his traditional costume.
    Hmm the Street Art might be done by Moloid kids from Monster Metropolis that still consider Mike as a Hero in his day in the Legion.

The preview art looks pretty good. I already wanted to try this book when it starts because I've always thought Morbius was a pretty cool character, but wasn't sure what the art would look like, but seeing it now I like it.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

It looks like Michael Jackson is the model for his face...

How old is Morbius supposed to be, 30? From the way that he dresses in this book, he looks around 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    It looks like Michael Jackson is the model for his face...
    Is that a new thing, though? Morbius has always looked like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    How old is Morbius supposed to be, 30? From the way that he dresses in this book, he looks around 25.
    To be fair, he does have a healing factor, so there's that. But yeah, I think he's closer to Reed Richards age.

To be fair, he does have a healing factor, so there's that. But yeah, I think he's closer to Reed Richards age.
    I'm not complaining, I'm surprised at how great the art is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm not complaining, I'm surprised at how great the art is.
    Seeing Elson do the art for Morbius, one of my favorite characters, feel awesome, since I miss the joy of Journey into Mystery...Oh the pain!

I just hope this book does well. I enjoy Morbius as a character. If this book does well, who knows what Marvel will do.

Seeing Elson do the art for Morbius, one of my favorite characters, feel awesome, since I miss the joy of Journey into Mystery...Oh the pain!

I just hope this book does well. I enjoy Morbius as a character. If this book does well, who knows what Marvel will do.
    Since Punisher was cancelled and I don't really like the new make up of X-Force, this could be the only Marvel book I read for a while.

Will pre-order this new title.
    Hopefully this turns out to be a great horror ongoing comic book.
    All though i wonder if the focus in developing Morbius will not tone down the horror element of the stories,i mean a story with tons of characterisations not always works well as being a good horror story.
    All though the first stories developing the character to this new ongoing having succes is essential.So if the balence between the horror elements and the characterisation of Morbius is well made this could be a great new title.
    Of the many new Marvel titles this is one of the ones i am more looking forward to,and this is saying a lot because this will be getting published among new comic books by Remender,Waid,Hickman and Gillen.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Will pre-order this new title.
    Hopefully this turns out to be a great horror ongoing comic book.
    All though i wonder if the focus in developing Morbius will not tone down the horror element of the stories,i mean a story with tons of characterisations not always works well as being a good horror story.
    All though the first stories developing the character to this new ongoing having succes is essential.So if the balence between the horror elements and the characterisation of Morbius is well made this could be a great new title.
    Of the many new Marvel titles this is one of the ones i am more looking forward to,and this is saying a lot because this will be getting published among new comic books by Remender,Waid,Hickman and Gillen.
    But I think it's important to remember that Keatinge did say in the interview that he'll be shying away from some horror elements in favor of focusing on Morbius himself. However, even knowing that, it's hard to now where they'll take this series. You can do so much with it. But I think it is a good thing to focus on Morbius, if only because it would be too easy for him to get lost in his own series.

But I think it's important to remember that Keatinge did say in the interview that he'll be shying away from some horror elements in favor of focusing on Morbius himself. However, even knowing that, it's hard to now where they'll take this series. You can do so much with it. But I think it is a good thing to focus on Morbius, if only because it would be too easy for him to get lost in his own series.
    Dunno,Morbius is not really a all new character which the first stories should have too much focus in the characterisation in the first stories.
    Granted this series looks like to have a diferent take on horror comics as said in the interview,so that feature is why this series will be diferent from previous marvel horror comics.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.