Default Yet ANOTHER Uncanny series teased

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I saw that earlier today and I LOL'd.

Thought it was funny, never liked that series though,

I fell for it at first then I put 2 and 2 together.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

I laughed out loud when I read the teaser.

It's hilarious.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

I actually felt for it.The first thing that crossed my mind was Uncanny X-Factor.

I loved that teaser! When I first saw a link to it on FB I could just see part of the image and nothing to show it wasn't Marvel. I was like "WHAT!?!?! ANOTHER!?!?!"... then I saw it properly and just found it hilarious
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

I was disappointed that it was just a image book. Hoped for another marvel book. All well people will do whatever to get attention these days.
    “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton

Personally, I like a lot of image comics, and I love the concept of the company. However a lot of the jabs they take at Marvel and DC have gotten stale after several of their more successful books started copying the traditional marketing strategies of them. Namely The Walking Dead. I LOVE that book. But all those image guys made fun of the big two for their books with banners and taglines splashed all over the covers for "events", and Kirkman has been doing that for some time and has stated the main reason is the uptick in sales. Same with Invincible.

But thats Kirkman, not Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    But thats Kirkman, not Image.
    He may be the most guilty of these types of "make fun of you for it, then do it myself" things, but he's certainly not the only.
    Todd comes to mind with his habit of not actually working on books he uses his name to hype, and Liefeld with his "I hate the big 2 unless they offer me work, then they're cool. And as soon as I'm gone it's all because I'm too good for them and they suck again." attitude.

But McFarlane is writing Spawn...

And to be fair to Liefeld, DC were giving him work and then he left precisly because he wasnt "cool" with how things were being handled. He didnt bad mouth them after they let him go, he left them. Although granted, he handled it less than gracefully.

But neither of those have anything to do with Image creators copying Big 2 marketing techniques by using an overabundance of banners/taglines/events anyway.