Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

$175 for a CGC 9.8 copy of Wolverine, don't remember which issue but it was a fantastic cover

That's a Roger GeneralReadingMan's Avatar

20 bucks for this baby

Not sure which would be the most valuable though.
    The older I get, the more life seems to be the stupid, frustrating stuff that gets in the way of you and reading comics- Iron Fist in Defenders 1

RITA's CXXXV Champion, the first of many

I think the most I ever spent on a comic was 75 bucks for the Superman #400 anniversary issue that came with the art print portfolio, I've seen some of these go on auction for a few hundred bucks but I doubt mine would as the folder itself looks something like this:

And the prints that were inside are a little faded as they resided on my bedroom wall for like four years.

As for my most valuable I'd probably say my copy of San Diego Comic Con Comics #2, I got it for free back in the day from my uncle and because it's one of the first appearances of Hellboy it now goes for upwards of 300 bucks. Again though, I doubt my particular copy would fetch that much if I ever did decide to sell as I read through it many times as a kid, it's not in terrible shape but definitely no where near mint.

That's how I like it though, I buy to read.

Well eversince the internet became a thing with me being able to understand how to work it I did not permit myself to shop abroad via the *online*, since obviously that was not to be trusted.

Until I found someone listing the Epic Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser comics by Mignola and scripted by Chaykin. Which I'd been searching for for 10 years.
    I bought them as by sending genuine USD (24) inside an envelope hidden in tinfoil hidden in a card which said "there is evil bacteria in here!".

Then I discovered other ways of payment, outside of creditcards since I don't use those.

God, the stuff I bought. Records, comics, books, shirts, guitar straps, 'sharpies', coffee tables, official Vegas dice, the works.
    And now it's all mine.

I can look at myself in the mirror. Although hardly without going "oh man...".
    But that's what I get for thinking I look good.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

For a single issue, about 30 for Legion of Super-Heroes (vol. 3) #38, the Crisis on Infinte Earths crossover issue that killed off Superboy. I was on a Legion completion kick at the time.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The most I paid for a single issue was this back in the early 2000's and I paid $20 bucks for it.

My most valuable one is a tough one to say. I have a lot of comics . So it would be hard to say which one is worth the most.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

The most I paid for a comic was $100 for Dell Comics' Lone Ranger #1 from 1948. Not sure just what it's worth, but I don't think I'd be going out on a limb saying it's also my most valuable comic.

Last edited by MadMikeyD; 11-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:
    Home of the Red Panda and Black Jack Justice

I think my most expensive was Marvel Spotlight #2 first appearance of Werewolf by Night. It was less than $100 but don't remember the price now.

Hell, that might be my most valuable one now. Not sure. I think everything "valuable" I have would only be valued in the tens of dollars, if that.

The most I ever got for a book I sold was getting about $50 in store credit each for Uncanny X-men 268 (1st Gambit) and Wolverine (1987) #1.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

20-something bucks for an issue of Miracleman; it was either Gaiman's "Spy Story" or one from the Totelben-drawn Book 3.

$5 for one issue - to complete a run. Also to read the damn thing 'caused I missed it when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    The most I ever got for a book I sold was getting about $50 in store credit each for Uncanny X-men 268 (1st Gambit) and Wolverine (1987) #1.
    That was a pretty good deal. I sold both of those issues very recently for $10 each I think.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    That was a pretty good deal. I sold both of those issues very recently for $10 each I think.
    yeah, I traded with Mycomicshop.com and I guess I hit them right when they wanted them. Worked out nice for me. I originally bought both issues off the newstand when they came out, and luckily took enough care of them I could get something I wanted when I got tired of them.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

I won a 9.6 copy of Ultimate Spider-Man #1 for $65.

I had bid $120 for a 9.8 copy the day before, but lost the auction.

Over $100 for Absolute DC: New Frontier.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I paid $62 for a fair copy of Amazing Spider-Man 15. It was one of those eBay things where I fully expected someone to outbid me, but it just didn't happen.