Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommend some more New 52 books?

I finally started reading comic books with the New 52, so far I've read Batman, Superman, and I, Vampire(this book is great). I started Action Comic but can't really get into it and I just started Justice League. But what are some other comic I should check out? Thanks

Also where would you recommend me to order books online? I don't want to buy digital copies anymore and I don't have a local shop.
    Last edited by Fido; 11-16-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Midtown Comics usually struck me as a good place to order. I have never ordered comics online but they are a reputable store and give good discounts. I know if you don't care about getting your comics a month late, you can get massive discounts from DCBS (I think that's the initials, I have never used them).

Some titles I like that you didn't mention: The Flash, Demon Knights, Sword of Sorcery, Dial H, Aquaman

They are all fun, well written with really nice art. Dial H is kind of weird and dense but the others are pretty accessible.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Out of the books I am currently reading I would highly recommend Animal Man, Swampthing, Dial H, Deamon Knights and Batman Inc.

I am also reading and enjoying Batman, Nightwing (however I'm not liking the current story arc in either), Sword of Sorcery, and Action Comics (which I would argue to stick out for at least awhile longer).

From word of mouth/reviews I would probably check out Aquaman and Wonder Woman (Which I will start picking up in trade).

I just read the Demon Knights tpb and thought it was interesting; I also recommend Wonder Woman.

I thought the first tpb of Justice League Dark had some interesting aspects, and that book had a crossover with I, Vampire a little while back. Supergirl has also been good (in a quieter sort of way).

If you enjoy the writing in Justice League (I don't), Aquaman is written by the same guy (which is causing me to drop that title as well).

As for where to buy, do you have a Barnes & Noble or similar bookstore more easily available to you? I buy most of my stuff at a nearby B&N, but the selection is limited there (and sometimes a week behind regular comic book shops). I go to a comic book shop about once a month or so for titles B&N isn't carrying, and I also trade-wait some books that I have then been able to get through Barnes & Noble.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Supergirl, Detective Comics (starting with #13), and Justice League Dark (starting with #9) are all good. I also recommend you pick up Green Arrow starting with #17 in February.

As for where you can order books online, I recommend pre-ordering through DCBS for the nice 40% discount. If you're not ordering a lot of books, maybe you could just order them as back issues from MyComicShop (just don't use their subscription service).
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

mycomicshop.com for back issues.

DCBS for subscription.

And I'd suggest you continue reading Batman and I, Vampire. Both top notch. Other books you might want to check out:

Wonder Woman (I wasn't a big fan of this character until I started reading her new 52 book--incredible horror take on the character)
    Swamp Thing
    Animal Man
    Earth 2

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    . . . Other books you might want to check out:

Wonder Woman (I wasn't a big fan of this character until I started reading her new 52 book--incredible horror take on the character)
    Swamp Thing
    Animal Man
    Earth 2
    With Wonder Woman, it isn't exactly a "horror" take. More like a darker take.

The only "monsters" she's faced so far all seem to be from mythology, which they've had in the past as well.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'd recommend Flash and Earth 2 as great reads in the New 52. Supergirl is also a good read (though it started sort of slow).
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Animal man
    Swamp thing
    Batwoman
    Birds of prey
    Teen titans
    Batman
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I've ordered from Midtown comics with good results.

If you haven't tried Nightwing or Batgirl, I have enjoyed both. Wonder Woman and Flash are also great.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

I'd order from DCBS or Midtown Comics for releases going forward, depending on how many books you're getting.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I recommend any of the comics mentioned in my signature and add Demon Knights and Justice League Dark in there to. Also if your interested in Marvel at all check them ou since they have MarvelNOW! going on it's a good jump on point for a lot of their titles.
    My Current Top 10: The Walking Dead, Wolverine and the X-Men, Aquaman, Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible, Thor: God of Thunder, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and New Avengers

Thanks guys. I will check some of those out. Right now Im trying Ebay to get of some back issues in a bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fido View Post
    Thanks guys. I will check some of those out. Right now Im trying Ebay to get of some back issues in a bundle.
    If you're focusing on New 52 stuff, I think just about every book is getting collected. Some came out in hardcover version first and will go to tpb next year; others were tpb only.

Do you just want good ol floppy comic books? Or don't mind collected editions? Where do you live?