Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I don't like that they left Gotham just to realize they shouldn't have.

And I hated that they killed Pegasus. It's one thing to anthropomorphize him, but it's another thing to anthropomorphize him, butcher him, and then put him down. Did not like.

Still, I love this series to death and I fully believe that people will be talking about it 20 years from now. It's GORGEOUS.

cant believe more people arent reading this - epic run
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

I liked this issue quite a lot, especially finally seeing Medusa. I didn't like how the gods here don't work like they do in Wonder Woman- no, belief will not bring them back. Belief has nothing to do with them, other than they like to be worshipped. Especially given that Pegasus is more of a demigod, if you go on the transformed-mortal version from Ovid, and we know they just die. This Diana is also too stabby and is always using the sword and shield, which she really doesn't need given the bracelets and lasso. Swords are for wusses!

That said, those flaws were relatively small and it's all been quite enjoyable. I'm curious to see how Flamebird will look when she returns (I assume during this battle) and what Killer Croc will end up as. The art is still amazing, of course.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

I'm really loving this team up! Having JH draw Wonder Woman has been great. Medusa kinda looked like Jane Mansfield or a classic pin up girl.

What was up with all the ads in the back?!? I thought I had more pages to read only to find that a fourth of the book was promos for other titles.

BANNED

Why is Mr. Freeze helping the Bat Family? It's weird that he's the only rogue they bother to show fighting Medusa. What's the significance?

Also, I remain convinced that Bette will get powers. So maybe she'll end up fighting Freeze (hell, Medusa could turn him into Jack Frost or the Abominable Snowman, lol) as a Phoenix/Flamebird.

And I wonder where Chase is.
    Last edited by Quinnhop; 11-26-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Why is Mr. Freeze helping the Bat Family? It's weird that he's the only rogue they bother to show fighting Medusa. What's the significance?

Also, I remain convinced that Bette will get powers. So maybe she'll end up fighting Freeze (hell, Medusa could turn him into Jack Frost or the Abominable Snowman, lol) as a Phoenix/Flamebird.

And I wonder where Chase is.
    I was wondering the same thing about Catwoman... as much as she is a part of the proverbial "Bat-Family"... she hasn't really been involved with anything else directly with the Bat-Family in the New 52 - with Night of the Owls and Death of the Family she was on the outside, and almost by coincidence being involved (but still on the outside of the main action). Neither time being contacted by Batman, or even mentioned as someone that needed to worry about either event. It seems out of character that Mister Freeze or Catwoman in the New 52 should be there.

With that said. I love me some Medusa. Favorite character in the Greek Mythos - since I was a child. Best handle on Medusa that I've seen in awhile. And I love her design.

Chalk it up to not wanting to get killed by the monsters stomping the city...?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Chalk it up to not wanting to get killed by the monsters stomping the city...?
    I guess, but Catwoman has never seemed to me to be the character to get in to the front-line of a monster attack. Again, I guess we'll see in Justice League of America...

The team up with Wonder Woman is ridiculously good. The fact that these two women secretly look up to one another is very interesting. I love how Batwoman and Wonder Woman get similar amounts of focus that it feels like a true team up rather than Batwoman featuring Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Having Croc become the hydra...brilliant. Endgame of every single "Croc has mutated further!" storyline of the past decade. Retire the character after this!
    That part looked too weird for me.