Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I prefer the term beautifully disgusting when looking at this preview.

Veteran Member

Beauty is beauty to me.

BANNED

Not just beautiful but brilliant! The layout works flawlessly with the narration. Great POV.

Damn...... being Immortal sucks....

I'm sorry, but isn't Pegasus a friggin horse? Or is this another "being clever for clever's sake" that seems to be all over the WW book....

Apart from this, Batwoman is one of a few titles I am enjoying at DC :)
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    I'm sorry, but isn't Pegasus a friggin horse? Or is this another "being clever for clever's sake" that seems to be all over the WW book....

Apart from this, Batwoman is one of a few titles I am enjoying at DC :)
    M
    The mythological Pegasus is indeed a winged horse. I think the angle they're going for here though is that Pegasus was birthed from Medusa's blood as it was spilled by Perseus, essentially making her his 'mother'. However his brother, Chrysaor, was often depicted as a man. These are gods after all, and if a flying horse can have a human brother in mythology then I see no reason why Pegasus can't have a human form here.
    ಠ_ಠ

It's good to see that J H Williams is designing the gods with the same thought process as Azz and Chiang are.

Beautiful art as always, and yes also mildly disgusting. Poor Pegasus, that must have sucked.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

It was pretty interesting. I am OK with the page layout but this one seems to throw away space that could be used to propel the story. It is great how Wonder Woman's world is directly involved in the "arc that never ends." I wonder if Medusa is hiding in Rotworld? At any rate, we are moving toward Medusa and find out Falchion is her son. That is a nice twist. This preview seems to indicate some cool stuff ahead.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    It was pretty interesting. I am OK with the page layout but this one seems to throw away space that could be used to propel the story. It is great how Wonder Woman's world is directly involved in the "arc that never ends." I wonder if Medusa is hiding in Rotworld? At any rate, we are moving toward Medusa and find out Falchion is her son. That is a nice twist. This preview seems to indicate some cool stuff ahead.
    It does end... in February at the end of the third arc which was always the plan. It should've been in December but the 0 issue got added by DC and I guess the Maggie interlude (issue 15) got added in so JHW3 could finish off the story they've been building all this time with his art instead of a McCarthy or whoever fill-in.

We also need to keep in mind that Williams and Blackman pitched this third story arc as a BW/WW mini before they were given the BW ongoing, and then they decided to have the first two arcs build up to what they were planning all along with this third arc. That makes the whole dragged out plot of the missing kids still not being found make more sense.
    DC: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye
    Creator-Owned: Fables, Fatale, Lazarus, Saga

I wasn't bothered by them not finding the kids, but then again I jumped on at twelve and then read one through eleven in one big chunk. That said, this was a fantastic issue; I know it's not yet Thanksgiving yet but I for one am thankful for comixology releasing the DC titles early!

Veteran Member

Gorgeous simply gorgeous.

As I have mentioned before, this title is pure beauty both in terms of art and story. The characterization is great and Williams/Blackman gives both heroines the respect they deserve, the pace of the story is also pretty good and the final page was brilliant.

But seriously, the art, I can't believe this kind of beauty exists.

The focus given to both heroins is pretty awesome, in many cases when two star characters come together in a book one or the other comes off a little weak so it's great to see both get a chance to shine.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Well, I have read through once and I need to go back through a couple more times to get a good feel. But my first impression is if I rated this on a 5 scale I would give it, maybe, well, an 8 or 9? These writers took their time to get here, but once they did, they have been totally riveting. The team up with Wonder Woman is superb. The comic is not driven by dialogue between the characters but the inner thoughts of the heroes as they proceed. It ends up working great. The book keeps the mythological feel and setting of Wonder Woman as well as that book does. Batwoman is fantastic, still obsessively forging into the unknown for those children but more reflective and taking a step back as she goes. She worries about Maggie and feels the truth of her love, the depth of its importance, as she realizes how much is at risk. Wonder Woman is in full hero mode, doing what is right and making hard decisions as they are a product of who she is. Her team up with Kate gives the writers the opportunity to show the women in action but also reflecting on the other for their own insight. This was well done. I can't wait to read it a few more times but this is a great month. Both Batwoman and Wonder Woman are home runs this month.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel