Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I'm going to work and have some post trauma rehab duties so I likely won't be back on until noonish. If my turn comes up before then just skip ahead and I'll pick when I have a chance. I don't have anything special lined up so I'm just as happy to not impede the flow of things.

I just discovered an item that's potentially game-breaking. I'll run it by you guys first, though i figure we'll probably ban it..

its the Gold Watch 4

It stops time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I just discovered an item that's potentially game-breaking. I'll run it by you guys first, though i figure we'll probably ban it..

its the Gold Watch 4

It stops time.
    There are actually a few time manipulators, including timestoppers, in the list that are 6 and below. A couple have already been picked (Beta Suit, Tempo) and others like Hiro Nakamura, Illyria, Rayne and indeed the watch remain unpicked.

I'm fine with it, personally. Plenty of ways around it if you make the right picks.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    There are actually a few time manipulators, including timestoppers, in the list that are 6 and below. A couple have already been picked (Beta Suit, Tempo) and others like Hiro Nakamura, Illyria, Rayne and indeed the watch remain unpicked.

I'm fine with it, personally. Plenty of ways around it if you make the right picks.
    i remember the simpsons stop watch being worth a 10 in past leagues so the 4 credit cost raised alarms. I'll take it then, along with Noor Stone - Hadya 3.

so that will be

Noor Stone - Hadya 3
    and
    Gold Watch - 4

BANNED

i remember the simpsons stop watch being worth a 10 in past leagues so the 4 credit cost raised alarms. I'll take it then, along with Noor Stone - Hadya 3.

so that will be

Noor Stone - Hadya 3
    and
    Gold Watch - 4
    The same thing happened with Bernard's Watch.

Like I say, plenty of ways around it. Mandy can use challenges that don't allow it or where it won't work, people can use counter measures to it in versus challenges etc. I don't see it as a big deal, any more so than telepathy or superspeed etc. If one person has it and you don't, you might be in trouble. It's the same with lots of powers. The answer is: Counter it.

Anyway, we're up to Stigma.
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 11-22-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

its the Gold Watch 4

It stops time.
    Actually I've read somewhere that it only causes time to slow down to a rate of 1/300th of regular speed.

We already have a device which can cause this, in fact, to exact figures, the Lightning Suit.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    Actually I've read somewhere that it only causes time to slow down to a rate of 1/300th of regular speed.

We already have a device which can cause this, in fact, to exact figures, the Lightning Suit.
    link?

still, its not bad at all.

Millennium Eye (Yu-Gi-Oh) 3
    Polaris (Marvel) 5
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

BANNED

Bob to go, with 3 hours from Stigma's post.

Are we considering the Replicator drone a character or an item? It is in the store as an item, but is a autonomous robot, in the roughly the same capacity as R2-D2.

My card

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Are we considering the Replicator drone a character or an item? It is in the store as an item, but is a autonomous robot, in the roughly the same capacity as R2-D2.
    I think the first question I'd ask is: If it's a character, will that mean you have more than 8 characters?

Because if not, I don't suppose it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    I think the first question I'd ask is: If it's a character, will that mean you have more than 8 characters?

Because if not, I don't suppose it really matters.
    Well right now I have 5 characters (Exar, Orochimaru, Polaris, Angstorm, and Jasmine), so I want to know whether or not I can get three more characters or two (if we include the replicator)

My card

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Well right now I have 5 characters (Exar, Orochimaru, Polaris, Angstorm, and Jasmine), so I want to know whether or not I can get three more characters or two (if we include the replicator)
    In that case I don't have a definitive answer, as I'm not overly familiar with Stargate.

But all other forms of AI (including R2-D2) are on the character list. The Buffybot, Terminators, ED209, Ultron etc etc, they're all there. So I think the Replicator is probably in the wrong place, personally.

I am in doubt concerning the Replicator drone.

They are QUITE intelligent as a collective, but one alone isn't smart at all. It is really not much different from Borg nanites or nanogenes, only instead of microscopic machines, these ones form a acid-spitting lego crab.

Will decide later, when I come back to update things.

BANNED

Still Bob's pick incidentally. 88 minutes left to pick.