Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Well, she does seem to be blowing up other mutants with her. It's quite hard to see from that page. I know a lot of people like her. But I wonder how they feel about her (seemingly) sacrificing her life to kill dozens of innocent people. Maybe she's doing it in the name of Apocalypse, like a muslim terrorist would blow themselves up in the name of Allah. I don't really have much of an opinon on the matter, but I'm curious.. Do any of you Ultimate Husk fans dislike that she could be "evil"? I think it's a cool scene, I love the preview and I love the book, but it's very likely her actions here are immoral, wrong and unjustified. I think it's great what Brian Wood is doing, but I just wanted to point this out to see if anyone else was thinking the same thing. If she's blowing up other people, it's not heroic and it clearly makes her bad person.
    I don't dislike the prospect that she could be "evil", just kinda sad to see that she may be being killed off. While she's only been around for a few issues, she was one of the new characters that actually seemed to be important rather than a cameo. But I guess that's a testament to good writing, that you actually care about the character in question rather than feeling it's just another faceless mook.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Well, she does seem to be blowing up other mutants with her. It's quite hard to see from that page. I know a lot of people like her. But I wonder how they feel about her (seemingly) sacrificing her life to kill dozens of innocent people. Maybe she's doing it in the name of Apocalypse, like a muslim terrorist would blow themselves up in the name of Allah. I don't really have much of an opinon on the matter, but I'm curious.. Do any of you Ultimate Husk fans dislike that she could be "evil"? I think it's a cool scene, I love the preview and I love the book, but it's very likely her actions here are immoral, wrong and unjustified. I think it's great what Brian Wood is doing, but I just wanted to point this out to see if anyone else was thinking the same thing. If she's blowing up other people, it's not heroic and it clearly makes her bad person.
    I don't know about everyone else here, but I like my characters flawed. Some of my favorite characters of all time are "evil" (Cersei Lannister, anyone?) not because I support their actions but because it's interesting to learn about their perspective: why are they doing what they are doing? Why does Husk believe this is the only possibility/necessity? Stuff like this makes it so I don't necessarily mind if a character "turns evil," so long as it's a natural/logical development for their character.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't dislike the prospect that she could be "evil", just kinda sad to see that she may be being killed off. While she's only been around for a few issues, she was one of the new characters that actually seemed to be important rather than a cameo. But I guess that's a testament to good writing, that you actually care about the character in question rather than feeling it's just another faceless mook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I don't know about everyone else here, but I like my characters flawed. Some of my favorite characters of all time are "evil" (Cersei Lannister, anyone?) not because I support their actions but because it's interesting to learn about their perspective: why are they doing what they are doing? Why does Husk believe this is the only possibility/necessity? Stuff like this makes it so I don't necessarily mind if a character "turns evil," so long as it's a natural/logical development for their character.
    Yeah I agree. It's nice to see the different motives of everybody in Kitty's camp. They joined together to fight the Sentinels and to fight for their freedom. But now, after their accomplishments, it makes sense to see possible ulterior motives come into play and maybe see some of the the mutants have more of a Magneto perspective, wanting not only justice, but revenge upon the humans. It's very understandable why they would feel so much hatred and resentment towards the human race after what they've been through. It's interesting to see the different ideologies as well as the different emotional responses, with some mutants being able to handle things better than others. We're likely to see a whole bunch of young Xavier archetypes as well as young Magneto archetypes, each with a different handle on things.

I'm all for whatever Wood wants to do. He's brilliant! And I'm just so intrigued as to where he's going with this. Is she going to blow up the place with the "cure" and blow up the mutants that want it, as well? I'm so excited! This is going to be a great issue!

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Well, she does seem to be blowing up other mutants with her. It's quite hard to see from that page.
    Those aren't just any mutants, those are mutants lined up to take the cure. To a group like the brotherhood, that's even worse

I know a lot of people like her. But I wonder how they feel about her (seemingly) sacrificing her life to kill dozens of innocent people. Maybe she's doing it in the name of Apocalypse, like a muslim terrorist would blow themselves up in the name of Allah. I don't really have much of an opinon on the matter, but I'm curious.. Do any of you Ultimate Husk fans dislike that she could be "evil"? I think it's a cool scene, I love the preview and I love the book, but it's very likely her actions here are immoral, wrong and unjustified. I think it's great what Brian Wood is doing, but I just wanted to point this out to see if anyone else was thinking the same thing. If she's blowing up other people, it's not heroic and it clearly makes her bad person.
    She's only been around for a couple of issues, we don't know much about her as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Those aren't just any mutants, those are mutants lined up to take the cure. To a group like the brotherhood, that's even worse
    I'm not sure how the Brotherhood feels about it.

If you believe her actions to be 'right', then I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't think murder can be justified, or at least not in this way.

She's only been around for a couple of issues, we don't know much about her as a character.
    Are you assuming that she is heroic in her actions, possibly? Or that I'm wrong to assume she's bad for blowing up innocent mutants?

Either way, I'm really intrigued. I can't wait to see how Wood seperates the groups into multiple teams, which I'm pretty confident he'll eventually do.

Brian Woods is really making things interesting. Everyone has their own agenda.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Seems spoilers:
    Nomi's the new Magneto. Figuratively and literally.
    end of spoilers
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Seems spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    and yet, her code name still makes no sense. maybe she's also able to electromagnetically accelerate herself as part of her power.
    end of spoilers

On Vacation

Seems spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well at least my prediction from 5 months ago came true. Uncanny but awesome.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-Preview/page2

Sage
    I think in the future if both Kitty and Nomi are still alive I think they would become the new Prof X and Magneto.
    Wolverine12
    That could be cool, but I think Nomi is awfully new to be dubbing her a new leader of the mutant race lol. Just curious, who would fill each role or would it be a completely different dynamic?
    Sage
    Nomi might turn into a Magneto character. This is just because of her hating on Johnny. It seems she has some humanphiobia if that's a thing like Magneto did. I would be interested to see how that develops in the future. Plus in the previews it looks like she looks evil. Kitty would be Prof X championing mutant rights but just because she is the most wanted terrorist doesn't mean she will be evil. the Media protrays things always in a bad light. but this is all speculation.
    Wolverine12
    I'm going to have to re-read the issue because I didn't get any of that off of Nomi. I like your theory though.
    Sage
    Here is the page. "You're a leader" "Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong" " you can do anything" "just remember who you are".
    Words impact kids more then people realize. Plus I think this is some foreshadowing.
    Wolverine12
    I can see your point there, but I have a hard time stretching that into her becoming the new Magneto. Still that would be really neat if it happened down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Well at least my prediction from 5 months ago came true. Uncanny but awesome.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-Preview/page2

Sage

Wolverine12

Sage

Wolverine12

Sage

Wolverine12
    You nailed it on the head my friend.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You nailed it on the head my friend.
    how do you know I'm not Brian wood on a different account. Mwhahahahaha! But seriously that prediction that I made was really accurate. I'm wondering if Brian Wood thought it was a good idea to use.

Nice one, sage6paths!
    Btw, another great issue by Wood.
    The only (minor) thing I didn't like was Kitty stating that Paige was Bobby's first crush. As far as I remember, he got pretty serious with Rogue, back in UXM..?

BANNED

And had a fling with Kitty too.

UCXM 18.1 was superb. Mach Two was also excellent. I'd like to see her lead a team of her own some day.