Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Minimum Carnage: Omega, #1

MINIMUM CARNAGE FINALE!
    • Houston is on fire as Carnage's greatest act of evil may be his final hour!
    • The most dangerous web-slingers of all unite with humanity at stake!
    • Cullen Bunn, Chris Yost and Lan Medina bring the crossover smash hit to it's synapse-shattering finale!

Full article here.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Awesome! I really have enjoyed Minimum Carnage and love Kletus back to being he loveable psychopath again! Perhaps the best Carnage action in quite a while and highlights how dangerous he is as a Spidey villain. Really enjoyed his interactions with Agent Venom and Scarlet Spider also. So, will definately be getting this
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

I think my only issue is how did he get out of the microverse.... he melted through the floor and then was gone from it.... I got confused.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I think my only issue is how did he get out of the microverse.... he melted through the floor and then was gone from it.... I got confused.
    I don't full understand the Microverse but I think it is kind of the universe in an atom on your fingernail kind of thing. So it's there, in the regular 616 universe but smaller than an atom or whatever. And Carnage just moved out of the Universe, but didn't use that transporter so he remained his Micro size. I'm not a big fan of the Microverse, could have possibly done without that in this story, but that is the best understanding of it that I have.

Cool issue and crossover but Venom's moral dilemma seemed odd after the kills he has done in his solo series or during war

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

It had its moments, but I'm glad its over. I'm ready for things to go back to normal with Scarlett Spider's Book.
    Venom, I gave the series several tries, but its not for me. I'll only pick it up if Eddie makes an appearance.

I know I'm over-analyzing but some things bugged me:

spoilers:

- Kasady is comatose so the Carnage Symbiote is supposed to be more dangerous? Kasady never cared for human life anyway so I'm not seeing a difference with Carnage overall

- If the Carnage Symbiote can regrow Kasady's legs, I hope Toxin fixes Eddie. I'm still peeved with the Savage Six Ending

- Microverse Rules are odd. Overall, I wasn't into it

- What the hell is up with Flash? Like James said, he killed in the war and has no problem with it in his own series. Now he has a change of heart with Carnage? Somebody that probably 99.9% of the world's population would think he should be put down for good
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 11-21-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I found the entire story confusing to be honest. Only parts I really enjoyed were Scarlet Spider. Love what he did to Carnage in the end!
    - Jason G. Carr

Venom 27 was incredibly confusing.

But this...this was ok. Venom brought the series down, honestly. I'm kind of tired of that series. But I still love Scarlet, and i love his attitude here. Still angry, still not gonna take **** from anyone.

The ending, as another poster alluded to, doesn't make a lot of sense regarding Carnage, but kind of reflects the general problem with Carnage. And with regards to Kaine, why stop there? I guess he might think it's safer, but....

Meh. In the end, this was ok, but I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the normal Scarlet Spider series. I'm probably done with Venom. Meh. Maybe I should catch up on the other stuff.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

It was okay.

Just reaffirms for me to not check out Bunn's Venom and to wait more of Yost's Scarlet.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

I found the overall arc boring and confusing as hell. Venom has gone down hill recently as I found the Monsters Of Evil arc bad as well. I decided to save the $4 and not even buy Omega.

I haven't really been feeling Minimum Carnage up till now but I have to say this concluding chapter was a step up and it kind of redeemed the event as a whole. Still, I'm glad it's over and both books can get back to their own storylines.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Here's a question, where did Kasady get his legs back from? Last we saw of him in Carnage USA, he still had those cybernetic legs yet now they're completely normal.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Yeah, I can't wait for Scarlet Spider to return to normal. Venom is such a goody-two-shoes, but without the charm of say Peter [Parker]. Still wanna see how this crossover ends though.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

I'm glad it's over. It was kind-of fun, but it took too much out of what was the best comic book of the year, and I can't wait for SS to be back on track.

I don't mean to be negative, but I didn't like this crossover very much. I'm a big fan of both Scarlet Spider and Venom, and I was hoping for more. The artwork really only did it for me on the covers. I had hoped for more personal interaction between Kaine and Flash. Kaine is the hardened clone of a man that was bullied in highschool by Flash. Flash has admired the man Kaine was cloned from since his days as a bully.

Also, I felt that all the microverse stuff took too much time away from Carnage. When focused on, Carnage can be a terrifying villian. If he's shuffled in with too many other factors, he seems too goofy.

Anyway. I'll still be reading both titles next month.