Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Predict the identity of the next Spiderman

I know we're talking about this in a few different places, but there's not one place to talk about it. Put your guesses here, I'll update the list periodically so we know who's guessing what. Make a real guess and a shot in the dark guess for fun.

Real guess:
    4 Miguel O'Hara - Optimus, Jared H, Harbinger of Apocalypse, Overhazard
    4 Harry Osborne -Songbird/Diamondback, Spider-Frog, Russell, Punisher97
    5 Peter Parker - CyberHubbs, Neutrino, Zaur, Kitonoki, TheOther
    1 Madam Web swapping minds with Peter - TV Horror
    1 Phil Urich - SuperSparkplug
    1 Uatu Jackson - Chox
    1 Peter and Spidey split into seperate people - Ursalink
    1 Johnny Storm - Debkox
    2 Norman Osborne - Stillanerd, wayfarejourneyman
    1 John Jamison - Jessie Midnight
    1 Peter/DockOck Mindmeld - DimitriKalashnikov
    1 TibbyStone - EWilson

Shot in the Dark:
    Speedball - Optimus
    Tiberius Stone - CyberHubbs
    3 - Peter Parker being controlled by Doc Ock - Neutrino, Zauri, Overhazard
    Eugene Patilio aka Frogman - Spider-Frog
    Harry Osborne - Jared H
    Peter Parker - Russel
    Max Modell - Kitonok
    Shang Chi - TheOther
    Deadpool - okpanic
    Peter Parker with no identity/ memory - Stillanerd
    Miguel OHara - Punisher97

Also, when do you guys think we'll get our answer? Amazing 700? Superior 1? Ruined in the solits? Will it be an ongoing mystery for the first arc or two? I tend to think it will be the latter.
    Last edited by Optimus; 11-16-2012 at 11:02 PM.

BANNED

Harry Osborn.

If only we can get a lot of Breaking Bad jokes.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Peter Parker

Tiberius Stone
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

once and future

Peter Parker

Peter Parker being controlled by Doc Ock. Don't know who thought of this, but it's a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Also, when do you guys think we'll get our answer? Amazing 700? Superior 1? Ruined in the solits? Will it be an ongoing mystery for the first arc or two? I tend to think it will be the latter.
    I'm gonna say, two days before #700 comes out on USA Today.
    Last edited by Neutrino; 11-15-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Doc Ock was a suggestion I made Now I am leaning towards Madam Web swapping minds with Peter and Peter helping her/him with technology to make her/him powers superior. After all she is sorry for Peter's loss and she has gone to a lot of trouble covering her tracks, meanwhile the good Doctor could be festering inside of Julia's body unable to do anything but wait. A three way swap if you will with the gold octobot causing it to happen.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Harry Osborn.

Poppa Goblin and Gobby Jr. both cameoed in ASM#697, So my wild guess is that Norman will be involved with whatever horrid fate befalls Peter. Perhaps it is Norman who breaks Doc Ock out of the Raft or helps him in some other way.

I believe that Harry will become Superior Spider-Man both to avenge Peter and to uphold his Legacy. Wouldn't it be something else if the "Spider-Man" who finally lays that bastard Norman in his grave is actually Harry?

Turn off the Dark: Eugene Patilio- The Fabulous Frog-Man. For some strange reason; I have always loved Frog-Man. I've never understood why they didn't add suction cups to his fingers so he could climb like a Tree Frog.

Go,Froggy,Go!!!
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-16-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Feeling a little Froggy.

Phil Urich. A bit skeptical because of him now that's working for the original Hobgoblin as of this week's issue, but he's been pretty much set up to be the evil version of Peter Parker all this time since Slott began his run. I doubt Phil likes being controlled by Kingsley. This would be a way for Phil to break out of that shadow and get back at him. Also, he DOES have a SUPERIORity complex.

Norman Osborn? Very much doubt it, but he did break out of the hospital in last issue... I think? I dunno how since he's been off the table and nowhere since The Avengers beat the crap out of him. Him being brought out in this issue came out of left field and was really unwarranted (HOW THE HELL IS HE NOT IN AN AVENGERS SUPER PRISON, IN A COMA OR NOT?!!!). Maybe his adaptoid powers will adapt Peter's powers but maybe aspects of his personality to make him feel a responsibility to help people? It would be a huge "FUCK YOU" to the integrity of the character, but who knows?

Harry Osborn is also an option and would be interesting to see given his past and his friendship with Peter... Plus, it would make sense with the SSM#2 cover of him smooching MJ. Dammit Slott, if you were gonna introduce the Osborns so late in the game, at least foreshadow it...

Tiberius Stone? Again, I kinda doubt it, but he has nowhere to hide. He's desperate. He also created the accident that spawned Alpha (That bastard...) and knows how to make Spider-Jammers. Who says he can't figure out a way to get super powers of his own?
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

It's either Miguel o'hara or Harry Osborn.

I'll say Miguel, with Harry as the shot in the dark.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

Uatu Jackson

Real Guess: Peter Parker
    Shot in the dark: Otto Octavius inside Peter Parker's body

Real: Harry

Shot in the Dark: Peter

Real Guess: Peter Parker

Shot in the dark: Max Modell and lots of work out.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    Harry Osborn is also an option and would be interesting to see given his past and his friendship with Peter... Plus, it would make sense with the SSM#2 cover of him smooching MJ. Dammit Slott, if you were gonna introduce the Osborns so late in the game, at least foreshadow it...
    That's what makes it so good.

The hype was already massive for #700, and now this late in the game reveal makes it even more interesting. AND there was 101 issues of Harry development before Big Time, and Norman's been doing stuff with the Avengers until now, so it isn't completely out of left field.

Official Guess: Peter Parker

Shot in the Dark: His Kung-Fu Trainer when he lost his Spider Sense.

Official guess: three way tie between Norman-in-Peter, Doc Ock-in-Peter, and Phil Urich.

Shot in the dark: Deadpool
    Last edited by okpanic; 11-16-2012 at 07:24 AM.